• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why DONT You all have a CC Permit ?????

SteveInAshand

imported post

The only reason I can see for not having a CCP is the anti gun Sheriff in your particular state or county , such as San Diego county California were I moved from 5 years ago.

Is there another reason why you do not have one ?

foxcall

imported post

My number one reason is because I don't need one. I can open carry in more places than I can conceal carry. I like it when people ask if I have a permit for that and I say no. It's a good educational experience.

I'll get one eventually but I'm extremely lazy.

Decoligny

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
The only reason I can see for not having a CCP is the anti gun Sheriff in your particular state or county , such as San Diego county California were I moved from 5 years ago.

Is there another reason why you do not have one ?

Some of us believethat to pay the government in order to be able to exercise what should be looked at as a natural right is kind of foolish. Why should I have to pay hundreds of dollars to get a permission slip to do what a free man ought to be able to do anyway.

I open carry in California (within the limitations of the law) because I can do so without having to beg the State forpermission. Even though I live in Kern County, where it is reasonably easy to obtain a License to Carry Concealed.

There arecurrently only twoStates that recognize the freedom that is our right, Vermont and Alaska. There you can carry openly or concealed, without a permission slip from Nanny.

ne1

imported post

Some find it easier to ask the government for forgiveness then to beg it for permission.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums; so, even though I don't often carry openly, there is still plenty in common with lots of folks here.

I have a permit because Arizona requires one to carry concealed, and I don't want to be charged with a crime if I have to defend myself. I don't LIKE that I have to have a permit, and I feel it is unconstitutional, and hope for and work toward removing that requirement, but since it is there now, I got a permit.

One thing I do like about it is that when I buy a gun, there is no NICS check. So, while there is a record of the purchase (4473), the government won't know about it unless they do a search of records of that particular store. Of course, I also believe that the 4473 and the background check are unconstitutional as well, but you can't buy a gun from a FFL (another thing that is unconstitutional) without them.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In Wisconsin there are no recognized carry permits. You CANNOT carry concealed in Wisconsin by law. And havinga permitwont help you out if you get seen by police carrying a firearm, openly or concealed. I think now you see at least two reasons for why everybody doesnt have a CCP.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums

ditto

MetalChris

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:
I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums
ditto
Ditto ditto ;)

Orygunner

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
I do have one, and I usually carry concealed. I hang out on this site because 1) I support the right to bear however you choose, open or concealed, just as the 2A specifies, and 2) I seem to find more people on this forum that support ALL of the Bill of Rights than on most other gun forums; so, even though I don't often carry openly, there is still plenty in common with lots of folks here.

I have a permit because Arizona requires one to carry concealed, and I don't want to be charged with a crime if I have to defend myself. I don't LIKE that I have to have a permit, and I feel it is unconstitutional, and hope for and work toward removing that requirement, but since it is there now, I got a permit.

One thing I do like about it is that when I buy a gun, there is no NICS check. So, while there is a record of the purchase (4473), the government won't know about it unless they do a search of records of that particular store. Of course, I also believe that the 4473 and the background check are unconstitutional as well, but you can't buy a gun from a FFL (another thing that is unconstitutional) without them.

My thoughts are about the same as yours, Slayer. I mostly carry concealed too (by necessity rather than by choice :( ) I appreciate the thoughts and ideas of most of the members here at OCDO, and I only have a permit because in Oregon it's a) Required to carry concealed (with few exceptions), b) having a CHL is an exemption to some Oregon cities not allowing carry of loaded firearms, and c) CHL is required to carry into a school or other public building, and I still have kids in middle & elementary school.

However, in Oregon the CHL does not work as a substitute for background checks. We still have to succumb to the NICS check with each purchse from a dealer. :(

...Orygunner...

Brimstone

imported post

Well, I have a concealed permit for convenience and it allows me to open carry in Utah with one in the chamber. I have to admit that I was not happy about being on a list of concealed carry permit holders. If we get to a point in this country where guns are illegal, my house will be one of the first to be searched.

Dustin

imported post

If they offered you thea permit for your "Freedom of Speech/ Freedom of Religion" would you buy a permit to express those RIGHTS ?

So why give in for a Firearm permit ?

CC/CHL etc.etc. is where it starts, and it will eventually lead to ALL Carrying will have to be licensed. This is how the Government works, little by little, tit for tat until you've been suckered in. been happening to America for about 200 years now.

Why ? B/c their excuse will be "Well we can keep tabs on CCW carriers Name, Add. Numbers, License Numbers, DoB, So we should be able to do the same to OC'ers"

Now who's supporting theAnti's ?

Orygunner

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
If we get to a point in this country where guns are illegal, my house will be one of the first to be searched.
It is a very big line. I suspect you may be near the middle.

That's also assuming there will be anybody left alive that's willing to search and confiscate civillian firearms by the time they get to you...

...Orygunner...

Sheriff

imported post

I have had a CHP for a long long time. The last thing I wanted (and anticipated) was the press claiming "off duty deputy shoots and kills suspect with service revolver".

I never carried anyweapon off duty that was issued to me by any city or county that I worked for.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I started a poll thread about how many people have CC permit/license about a year ago and IIRC, the results were that something over 90% of us do and that those who don't mostly fall into the categories not being able to obtain due to age or may issue/no issue state residency. I can't find the thread at the moment.

Carnivore

imported post

I guess my excuse/reason is one week it's disposable income, the next week it's time, the next week it's something else, I can save for about most anything, but never have started a cigar box for mine and mommys CCW class.

That said, Is it too late to initiate another new years resolution?:banghead: