• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why DONT You all have a CC Permit ?????

SteveInAshand

imported post

Very valid points, but You obviously know that someone must be the canary that dies in the mine by walking around loaded & locked in say Kern, or so Calif. and be the one who get arrested and makes the news etc.....

I am sympathetic to the guy who is working class poor only owns one hand gun and / or who lives in a dangerous gang area or meth area , this guy cannot afford to be the lead man / the arrested martyr for the cause.

So its up to the wealthy or semi retired well to do guy who can afford a law firm and afford to loose the gun and vehicle to g around and flaunt his right to OC for real in California or some state like CA.

My self I got a "permit" to CC and now OC because I am working poor as discribed above who canonot affrod to loose my possesions, the only dfference is I am no longer surrounded by criminal scum but now surrounded by pyschotic liberals.

Just today as I was painting parking lot stripes a smiling hypno zombi metrosexual male walked up to me as I was on my knees paint rolling and said sarcasticly like a man bitch in a dutch fag lisp: " Is that sidearm a neccisary tool for what your doing"? I didnt even look up, I ignored him and kept working.

Decoligny

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
Very valid points, but You obviously know that someone must be the canary that dies in the mine by walking around loaded & locked in say Kern, or so Calif. and be the one who get arrested and makes the news etc.....

I am sympathetic to the guy who is working class poor only owns one hand gun and / or who lives in a dangerous gang area or meth area , this guy cannot afford to be the lead man / the arrested martyr for the cause.

So its up to the wealthy or semi retired well to do guy who can afford a law firm and afford to loose the gun and vehicle to g around and flaunt his right to OC for real in California or some state like CA.

My self I got a "permit" to CC and now OC because I am working poor as discribed above who canonot affrod to loose my possesions, the only dfference is I am no longer surrounded by criminal scum but now surrounded by pyschotic liberals.

Just today as I was painting parking lot stripes a smiling hypno zombi metrosexual male walked up to me as I was on my knees paint rolling and said sarcasticly like a man bitch in a dutch fag lisp: " Is that sidearm a neccisary tool for what your doing"? I didnt even look up, I ignored him and kept working.

I walk around "locked and loaded" here in Kern County, Southern California. I can do that because it is only illegal to carry a loaded firearm while in "incorporated cities" or while in "prohibited areas of unincorporated territory". I don't live in an incorporated city, and there are no prohibited areas near me.

The only thing I have to look out for in my section of Kern County is the school zones, and Govt Buildings/Post Office.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Anyone who knows me personally knows I am not one to hold his tongue, my OC lady friend "BabyGlock" here knows me personally she can vouch for that. I am rather overly outspoken, even here I go back and edit my posts because I can easily marginalize myself by very verbose no compromise opinions, but this time all I can say is in the form of a question; have you ever met someone who is so much of a nothing , a non entity that it seems like a complete waist of time to even acknowledge them as even existing ? that is how I felt about this nothing metro sexual.

JBURGII

imported post

OC shaves time off my draw. Why should I pay for a license to slow down?

Just one argument. :D

J

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't say I blame you for finding such a person to be a tad vapid, but I would posit that a good attitude on our part (especially in such circumstances) will benefit our cause in the long run.

shad0wfax

imported post

My state is a "Shall Issue" state when it comes to CPL's, so I have one.

I open carry most of the time and I concealed carry some of the time. In my state, the permit is required to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, even if it's in the open.

Orygunner

imported post

Not sure about the minimum requirements of other states, but in Oregon there's no minimum hours or content required for a class, other than handgun safety must be a component of it.

I always saw classes for meeting the CHL class requirement for $65-$120, ranging from four to six hours. I figured that's all there was available. Then I did some checking and found there's a few people that offer the NRA Home Defense course for $35-40 that meets the Oregon requirement. Me and the wife took it for $35 each, and with the licensing costs, totaled $100 each.

Not that that is still affordable for some I understand, but just be aware there may be cheaper options for the class if you dig for it.

...Orygunner...

zperrego91

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
I'm ineligble foraconcealment permit until my 21st Birthday in my state.
Same here. I'll be OCing when I turn 18 until I'm 21. Once I can get my permit I will probably CC most of the time b/c the Chief of Police at CSUhas allowed CC on campus (at least for right now, he could change his mind in the next few years).

Xd Fan

imported post

I had my permit long before Virginia became a shall issue state. But I find myself OC'ing more than concealed.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
The only reason I can see for not having a CCP is the anti gun Sheriff in your particular state or county

because there are no CCW permits available in my state, Hows that for an answer?
Cruise over to the Wisconsin forum for a better understanding.

I had a CCW permt when I lived in another state, but they are not allowed here,

Our douchebag of a governor vetoed the CCW bill twice, and during an interview where he was getting grilled on his veto's, he stated "if you feel theneed to carry a gun, carry it on your hip in plain view!"

But a vehicle is considered concealment in this state, we are required to have the weapon cased, unloaded, and out of the drivers compartment or out of reach while in a vehicle like a truck.

darthmord

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
I guess my excuse/reason is one week it's disposable income, the next week it's time, the next week it's something else, I can save for about most anything, but never have started a cigar box for mine and mommys CCW class.

That said, Is it too late to initiate another new years resolution?:banghead:
It's never too late to stash money away to save up for a CCP/CWP/CHP.

Dustin

imported post

Dustin wrote:
If they offered you thea permit for your "Freedom of Speech/ Freedom of Religion" would you buy a permit to express those RIGHTS ?

So why give in for a Firearm permit ?

CC/CHL etc.etc. is where it starts, and it will eventually lead to ALL Carrying will have to be licensed. This is how the Government works, little by little, tit for tat until you've been suckered in. been happening to America for about 200 years now.

Why ? B/c their excuse will be "Well we can keep tabs on CCW carriers Name, Add. Numbers, License Numbers, DoB, So we should be able to do the same to OC'ers"

Now who's supporting theAnti's ?

Anyone disagree ?

SteveInAshand

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
It is also possible to find an NRA instructor providing training for free that qualifies under many state requirements.
BINGO, I am getting my NRA firearms cert to train and then I am not charging a dime for the CCP.

I will only charge a nominal free for beginner & intermediate handgun & SA training & counseling.

My lady friend BabyGlock and I are focusing on women over the majority who are males.

I plan to focus on the psychological - sociological SA aspects, I will send them off to Clint Smith for the advanced indoctrination into practical & tactical CGB etc...

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Dustin wrote:

Anyone disagree ?

Yes.

I'll be fighting the lawswhile CC'ing whenever I want. You won't.
But he will be open carrying his firearm, therefore exercising his true and real freedom of choice while you will be hiding yours.