• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accused Road Rage

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

So I'm driving on interstate 81 south, back to my place of employment about 1:30 pm yesterday afternoon from lunch, when I notice 4 state police vehicles speeding up the on ramp onto the highway. ( thinking to myself "wow" there must have been a murder or a bank robbery)

As I approach where they enter the highway one cruiser pulls behind me and hits the siren for me to pull over, the rest of them roll up behind him. ( was is speeding?! I know I wasn't speeding) 5 state troopers slowly walk up to my vehicle with their guns drawn and order me to put down all my windows and throw my keys out.

They ask me if I have a weapon, I say yes in the center console for which I have a permit and its totally legitimate.

They pull me out of the truck ( still not answering what the hell is going on) and handcuff me.(for my safety)

They pat me down a shouting at me to describle everything thats in my pockets I have a pen in my pocket which they filp out on because their sure its a needle or a knife.

They ask me what just happened, I say I honestly have no clue what this is all about. We go through everything I did for the last half hour.

Turns out there was a guy driving on the same highway that driving a black F150 who got in a " road rage incident" that brandished a firearm, the other vheicle involved called 911.

They take me down to the station to have the "guy" Id me. The whole time grilling me to admit my guilt. they shackle my legs together and then to the floor.

20 minutes go by this guy pops his head in and look at me ( I think to myself, ...good finally I get to leave) A trooper comes in with a form for me to sign to "search my truck"... Apparently they are looking for a Black hooded sweatshirt or a black hat.... none of which was found in my truck..

He uncuffs me hands me a bill $128 for the inpound and tells me my citation which is a "disorderly conduct" a summary offense equivelent to running a stop sign will be arriving in my mail.... astonished I once again proclaim my innocence ... the trooper looks at me and goes.. there is too much evidence against you ... your a male in your mid 20's ( described by the victim) driving a black ford f 150 and you just so happen to be driving in the same area and time this happened with a gun in your truck...

Little side note: my truck is a black f150 but it also has tinted black windows all around , 2 1/2 inch lift in the front, 33inch BFG alterrains and silver flames that are all up the hood... with a big ass clevis in the back.... not your average 150..

From the time I entered the highway till I got pulled over was 1.8 miles

I was told that since they towed my vehicle they had to "cite me for something"

I can understand they were just " doing their job" and I admit that thats a hell of a coinsidence.. but WTF... he didn't have a plate number... and I was wearing a white shirt with a black vest... took my gun as evidence.. and told me I could "file" to have it back..

tito887

imported post

wow this is the second time I had to say this. DELETE YOUR POST. I understand wanting to let us in on what happend, but you need to delete your post right now until you've confirmed with your lawyer that it's ok to post here.

AFCop

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Get an attorney! Stop posting here until you are cleared to do so by your attorney.

Think you could edit your post and delete the quote, you know to help him out.