• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Craigs List...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I can't speak for the veracity of this... but it was just sent to me. 'Thought I'd share.

A craigslist posting someone found and linked.

To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown (Downtown, Savannah)

Reply to: http://craigslist.org/]pers-982078099@craigslist.org[/url] <mailto:pers-982078099@craigslist.org> [?]Date:2009-01-06, 3:43AM EST

I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message.

I'd like to apologize. I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster. I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky.

If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace!

- Alex

r6-rider

imported post

lol funny post but im sure the guy who tried to rob him, if he sees this post, is going to call the cops and play the "victim" roll and want reimbursement for the phone bill, credit card, and counseling for the PTSD that he now suffers because he got a gun pulled on him and sex lines keep calling him making it hard to live peacefully:quirky

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
lol funny post but im sure the guy who tried to rob him, if he sees this post, is going to call the cops and play the "victim" roll and want reimbursement for the phone bill, credit card, and counseling for the PTSD that he now suffers because he got a gun pulled on him and sex lines keep calling him making it hard to live peacefully:quirky
Unfortunately, if the CL post is a true (or even semi true) account, then r6's statement here is likely a viable outcome.... Sad, really sad....

bradco

imported post

Let me pllay the Devil's advocate here, I am no Lawyer by any means or Law enforcement but if this did happen in a situation like this, after someone attempts to rob you and you defend yourself and or prevent the robbery by pulling your legal sidearm and take his wallett, cell phone and pants, isn't that considered robbery in itself. Why not hold him there for the authorities? I know people are going to slam me, but that is just my thoughts.

Marco

imported post

bradco wrote:
Why not hold him there for the authorities?

IANALNDIPOOTV
You could always say you intended to turn the suspects items over to LE sothey could be identified andcharged.

M

mdgary

imported post

"Attempted" Robbery of a high and aggrevated nature , Robbery with a deadly weapon, life threatening situation, Should have blown his f'ing head off.

wylde007

imported post

This article sure has been making the rounds. This is the fourth or fifth site (and not all 2nd Amendment, either) that I've read it on. Awesome whether it's true or not.

[line]The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid.
Novus Ordo Seclorum

xd9sc

imported post

This is hilarious. I recently received a copy of this from one of my LE teachers. The only complaint I have about this story is that if someone threatened me with a weapon, they would definently be losing some blood, at best; especially if I was with my girlfriend, or family.