• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UK protest on loss of fredoms. Gun control

James

imported post

Did anyone happen to catch Attorney General designate Eric Holders hearing yesterday? He was asked about the second amendment and whether states had the right to write their own gun laws as far as open carry and concealed carry, and if the feds tried to over rule them would he fight for the right of the states. He hem hawed around the question and then Sen. Lehey, democrat, tried to help him with his answer and he still hem hawed around without saying yes or no.

TFred

imported post

centsi wrote:
Holder was asked about open carry? By whom?
You would think that there would be transcripts available, but all I can find is a transcript of his opening statement. If anyone finds a transcript of the questions and answers, I'd be interested to read it.

TFred

James

imported post

I am sorry, but I cant find the complete transcript. The part that I was looking for was about congress trying to pass more laws and if he would side with the second amendment. He stumbled around on that. There was more than what CNN reports here.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Attorney General-designate Eric Holder conceded during his confirmation hearing Thursday that the government's options for regulating the possession of firearms have been narrowed in the wake of the Supreme Court's 2008 ruling that the Second Amendment ensures an individual right to bear arms.

"Reasonable restrictions are still possible," Holder said, including measures such as a ban on the sale of what are called "cop-killer" bullets.

But, he granted, "we're living in a different world" since the high court's 5-4 ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Holder said that he previously viewed the Second Amendment as a "collective right" to bear arms, not an individual right.

The Heller ruling, Holder said, was a "very significant opinion."

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

James wrote:
"Reasonable restrictions are still possible," Holder said, including measures such as a ban on the sale of what are called "cop-killer" bullets.
There's that word "reasonable" again.... where he and his cohorts define what is / not "reasonable" and if you oppose them, then you are by definition being "UNreasonable".

MetalChris

imported post

James wrote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Attorney General-designate Eric Holder conceded during his confirmation hearing Thursday that the government's options for regulating the possession of firearms have been narrowed in the wake of the Supreme Court's 2008 ruling that the Second Amendment ensures an individual right to bear arms.

But, he granted, "we're living in a different world" since the high court's 5-4 ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Holder said that he previously viewed the Second Amendment as a "collective right" to bear arms, not an individual right.

The Heller ruling, Holder said, was a "very significant opinion."
You know what's funny...criminals don't use so-called "cop-killer" bullets. They use WWB and such FMJ ammo, which is more effective against body armor than these mythical "cop killer" bullets that this genius is talking about.