Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get on the PHONE - NOW - to oppose Holder nomination!

Post imported post

Get on the PHONE - -> NOW <-- and tell your SenatorS that you oppose the Holder nomination.

It's the only possibility of stopping his nomination.

Contact info - http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...orney-general/

"Holder On Track for Confirmation as Attorney General

Eric Holder appears headed for confirmation as attorney general after declaring a new course in U.S. counterterrorism policy, but a Senate panel still wants to hear more about his decisions as a Clinton administration Justice Department official.

A second day of confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday was to feature former FBI Director Louis Freeh, who supports Holder despite some past disagreements with him during the Clinton years.

Also set to speak on Holder's behalf was Frances Townsend, a former homeland security adviser to President Bush.

That sort of bipartisan support was evident throughout Holder's testimony Thursday, even as he declared a major break from Bush administration policy toward terror suspects. He also pledged to restore morale at a Justice Department mired in tales of political interference."

Have YOU PHONED and/or FAX'ed your Senators yet?

Are you truly going to just let this slide? Pete

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Called both of mine this morning.

Post imported post

Thank you! (Was starting to think no one was listening).

Can we get some more?

And perhaps try to get our friends/neighbors/family involved? Send an alert about this to everyone on our email lists?

Does everyone realize what a victory it could be for us if we got the Holder nomination killed? What kind of message it would send the anti-gunners'? Pete

Post imported post

In composing a letter to my two Senators tonight, I decided to look up the amicus brief that Holder signed in support of DC in the Heller case. I just wanted to see it for myself before mentioning it in my letters.

You can read it here.

Their primary argument is very clearly stated on Page 5 (page 16 of the pdf):

The Second Amendment Does Not Protect Firearms Possession or Use That Is Unrelated To Participation In A Well-Regulated Militia.

Holder must be rejected.

TFred

ETA: Page number

Post imported post

Contacted mine this morning.. both mine here in Oregon.. dems.. sigh..

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    Contacted mine this morning.. both mine here in Oregon.. dems.. sigh..
    Both of mine in Virginia are Democrats too... But they both ran on moderate platforms, and both claimed to be at least gun neutral, if not gun friendly. I am politely reminding them of this, and imploring them to keep their promise to the voters, as clearly, Holder's views are not in line with their campaign platforms.

TFred

Post imported post

There are plenty of reasons why Democrats should oppose the Holder appointment.

If your Senators are Democrats, you can tell them that Holder represents Obama's betrayal of his promise to curb the War on Drugs and Federal nonrecognition of state medical marijuana laws, and Democratic Senators opposing him will send a strong message that the people do not approve of Obama's disingenuousness on the issue (one which just so happens to be of national crisis proportions, and is a contributing drag on our economy, which is itself supposed to be an "important issue").

Holder favors mandatory minimum sentences (which anybody who values the Constitutional jury trial should oppose). Many Democrats oppose MMS.

I do not plan to mention the Second Amendment in my calls and letters to Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer.

Post imported post

I contacted them but my senators are McCaskill (who has her head so far up Obama's butt that she knows more about his colon than Congress) and Bond, who has not responded in any way, shape or form to numerous letters and emails over more than 4 years. He usually goes with the GOP leadership and since they seem inclined to rubber stamp every Obama nominee and being that he has announced his retirement at the end of this term I expect that voter input will have little effect, but I tried.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

The Senate Judiciary Committee has forced by the Republicans to put off the vote on the Eric Holder nomination until next Wednesday, January 28th.

It behooves you to go ahead and contact the Judiciary Committee here:

Majority Office
    Phone:202-224-7703
    Fax:202-224-9516

Minority Office
    Phone:202-224-5225
    Fax:202-224-9102

via either phone call or FAX to let your opposition to the Holder nomination for A.G. be known in no un-certain terms.

(I had already done so prior to this - I did it AGAIN this afternoon).

Perhaps if we can shut down their phone/fax system with calls in opposition to the nomination, they might get the point - if NOT, at least it should serve to put them on notice that we're not ASLEEP out here.

PLEASE MAKE THE CALL/SEND THE FAX! Pete

Post imported post

spy1 wrote:
    The Senate Judiciary Committee has forced by the Republicans to put off the vote on the Eric Holder nomination until next Wednesday, January 28th.

It behooves you to go ahead and contact the Judiciary Committee here:

Majority Office
    Phone:202-224-7703
    Fax:202-224-9516

Minority Office
    Phone:202-224-5225
    Fax:202-224-9102

via either phone call or FAX to let your opposition to the Holder nomination for A.G. be known in no un-certain terms.

(I had already done so prior to this - I did it AGAIN this afternoon).

Perhaps if we can shut down their phone/fax system with calls in opposition to the nomination, they might get the point - if NOT, at least it should serve to put them on notice that we're not ASLEEP out here.

PLEASE MAKE THE CALL/SEND THE FAX! Pete
    I dropped a couple of hard copy letters via snail mail to my two Virginia Senators yesterday. I briefly pointed out that they both won their elections by running as moderate Democrats, and Eric Holder doesn't even come close to representing what the moderate citizens of Virginia would want for an AG.

Not much hope, but I had to do something. I did also alert a friend of mine who lives in Alabama. One of his Senators is on the Committee, and I believe he made a contact of some sort.

TFred

Post imported post

Thank you!

And please don't ever think for a minute that trying
    isn't worth the effort, or that it won't do any good - because it IS and it will. Pete

Post imported post

Ok, I get the idea we don't want him in. So in 100,000 words or less, why? Ok, ok, so I have been living under a rock.

Actually, I have been spending most of my time reloading. :-)

Mark

Post imported post

n5yzv wrote:
    Ok, I get the idea we don't want him in. So in 100,000 words or less, why? Ok, ok, so I have been living under a rock.

Actually, I have been spending most of my time reloading. :-)

Mark
    For me in two short blurbs, he signed on to an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in the Heller case that stated the Second Amendment did not apply to individual firearm ownership, and he opposes anything beyond "pretty please with a cherry on top" when it comes to interrogating captured terrorists. It's been said many times that our intelligence officers will have more to fear from him, including fierce prosecution and jail, than will the enemies of our country and those who would destroy our very way of life.

TFred

ETFix: spell much?

Post imported post

Wow. Now here is the hard one.
    Can anyone explain how a bozo like this can even get to this status in the first place???? What a joke!

Post imported post

Just sent my faxes.

Post imported post

Phone calls and new e-mails completed to both Warner and Webb.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

n5yvz and streetdoc - Thank you! Keep 'em coming! Pete

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWpA...layer_embedded

We need to keep up the emails/FAX'es and phone calls, everyone.

Can you imagine if this guy gets carteblanche to add weapons to an already bloated "list" of weapons? With no possibility of review or appeal? Pete

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...ate-committee/

Holder Wins Approval From Senate Committee
    The Senate Judiciary Committee recommends the full Senate confirm Eric Holder as the next attorney general.

Eric Holder was approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday to be the next attorney general, after Republicans put up resistance over Holder's past positions on pardons and views on torture.

The committee voted 17-2 in favor of Holder, recommending approval to the full Senate.

A significant number of Republicans are expected to support his nomination, and Holder could win confirmation by the full Senate as early as Thursday.

The only senator who voted against Holder was Republican Sen. John Cornyn. He criticized Holder's role in controversial pardons and questioned whether he would protect U.S. intelligence agents who participated in harsh interrogations."

============================

You have less than 24-hours to CALL/FAX your OWN Senators and tell them that you OPPOSE Holders' confirmation.

Post imported post

The confirmation vote on Holder is probably going to take place MONDAY, Feb. 2, 2009 in the SENATE.

Let me put it succinctly:

If you do not use every available means at your disposal between now and Monday to defeat Holders' nomination, then you are not only GUARANTEEING his confirmation - you are aiding and abetting it!

One more time - FAX (and, yes, their FAX lines are open on the weekend!) or PHONE (Monday morning) your State Senators ( yes, BOTH of them!) with this simple message - "VOTE "NO!" on the HOLDER CONFIRMATION - I will be watching how you vote."

You have absolutely no excuse not to do this - and every reason to do it.

We have got to hammer the system to death trying to make it work for us before giving up on it.

Have a great weekend. Pete

*Find your Senators' contact info here: http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

Post imported post

Listening to the Senate debate (C-SPAN) of Holder's nomination. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and (by his own admission) an owner of many guns, chided senators from both PA & OK for their states' restrictive gun laws, and said he had Holder's assurances that Vt's non-existant gun laws wouldn't be in jeopardy. Sen Leahy apparently doesn't feel threatened by Holder as AG, and might serve to hold him accountable for any bad decisions he (Holder) might make.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    Listening to the Senate debate (C-SPAN) of Holder's nomination. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and (by his own admission) an owner of many guns, chided senators from both PA & OK for their states' restrictive gun laws, and said he had Holder's assurances that Vt's non-existant gun laws wouldn't be in jeopardy. Sen Leahy apparently doesn't feel threatened by Holder as AG, and might serve to hold him accountable for any bad decisions he (Holder) might make.
    That's just the problem! Accountable how? Once he's in, all they can do is say "that's a bad, bad AG, don't do that any more...". He can do all sorts of bad things that aren't "quite bad enough" to motivate legislative correction. And even then, it would have to get past Obama, not likely.

I'm afraid all these tax cheats are taking the spotlight away from what will certainly be the worst Attorney General in the history of the United States.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    2a4all wrote:
    That's just the problem! Accountable how? Once he's in, all they can do is say "that's a bad, bad AG, don't do that any more...". He can do all sorts of bad things that aren't "quite bad enough" to motivate legislative correction. And even then, it would have to get past Obama, not likely.

I'm afraid all these tax cheats are taking the spotlight away from what will certainly be the worst Attorney General in the history of the United States.

TFred
    I don't see Leahy voting for an AWB, and he has enough clout to keep it from happening, in spite of Dianne (she's on now, extolling Eric's credentials), Nancy & Barrack. They got rid of Gonzales. It can be done.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast