Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Flathead Valley Residents!!

Post imported post

I’ve carried open for many years and carried concealed since I was 21. I enjoy seeing others with the same mindset and who also enjoy carrying openly! I’ve often thought about doing this and I think I’m finally going to give it a shot!

I am interested in starting a ‘group’ or ‘club’ of people who carry openly. The purpose of this group is to have like-minded individuals getting together on occasion to share stories both good and bad, theories, experiences, and opinions as well as to educate the general public on the legality and the acceptability of carrying in such a manner.

I’d like to extend an invitation to all in the Flathead Valley area or anywhere else in the state that’s willing to travel that would like to meet and possibly start doing so on a semi-regular basis. I would love to have any input or criticism that anyone would like to throw in my direction regarding this idea! If enough people in the area express interest in this idea, I’d like to set up a time where we could possibly meet at someplace like Perkin’s for instance to all meet and have lunch together (on your own dime, I’d like to start this group, not buy your lunch!!) and meet others in the area! Again, let me know what y’all think of this!!

Feel free to drop me a Private Message on here letting me know if you can, can’t, will or won’t do something like this! I’d love to have your opinion or feedback in general!

Thanks again!!

P.S. Family Welcome!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

Hey this sounds like a great idea, I know Craig at Perkins is an avid 2nd Amendment supporter and encourages CC but I have never seen anyone OC. His reasoning is that he knows he won't get robbed while anyone packing is in the restaurant.

Myself, and John Carter aka Crow Carter from the Bigfork Gun Club have been frequent flyers in there for a long time and Craig knows we pack.

But I'm game.

Post imported post

Im Game also! Just need a date and time when available.

Post imported post

I don't know if interest is fading in this kind of venture or not but it is the opinion of this person that if we don't show some kind of interest and desire in keeping this legal, we'll lose it! It is now D-Day plus two and I'm hoping like crazy that we don't lose our second amendment rights within the next few months!

If anyone expressing interest in joining together has any friends, family or others who would be interested in meeting, it would be terrific! The more people we can get the better. The more the merrier! So far with only two people showing interest aside from myself, it's gonna be slow in the making! Spread the word and tell everyone! We need all the support and all the assistance wecan get in this matter!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Post imported post

I just Talked to 44Mag on the Phone for a bit about a bunch of stuff . So I will initiate a Date and Time and We will see where it Goes .

I will Be available Mon thru Thursday every Week Cuz I work Friday thru Sunday 6AM to 630 PM

So lets start with Monday at 4:00PM at Perkins?

Post imported post

lucas_flesher wrote:
    I just Talked to 44Mag on the Phone for a bit about a bunch of stuff . So I will initialt a Date and Time and We will see where it Goes .

I will Be avislable Mon thru Thursday every Week Cuz I work Friday thru Sunday 6AM to 630 PM

So lets start with Monday at 4:00PM at Perkins?
    Lucas,

Check your private messages!!

Post imported post

That Went Well Guys Hopefully next time we will have more People !

Lets try to Find a way to get some kind of Pamphlet that we talked about.

Post imported post

lucas_flesherand 40s&wfanI think we had a great time this afternoon, dang I'm still flushing those pots of coffee. Yes, we have to find a way to encourage others towards a common goal of expressing our 2nd Amendment Open Carry Rights.

Post imported post

I think I might have had one less cup of coffee than you did but I'm still flushing them as well! I never knew how bad it sat on an empty stomach!!

Post imported post

If we can figure out the wording and/or what it should say, I'll type up the ad for the trader and run it by you guys and then we can have it listed! Since we've agreed on a name and all it shouldn't be too difficult!

Post imported post

40s&wfan

The System will not let me send you a PM,Contact Moderator.

You can see for your self by Trying to Pm your self!

Post imported post

lucas_flesher wrote:
    40s&wfan

The System will not let me send you a PM,Contact Moderator.

You can see for your self by Trying to Pm your self!
    I'm getting PM's from Mr44Mag, I wonder why you can't!!

Post imported post

Okay y'all, we're gonna be meeting again at Perkin's this Monday afternoon at 4:00 with a few new folks in attendance (I hope)! Anyone reading this that'll be in the area is more than welcome to attend! The conversation last time was good and the company was mediocre... LOL. Okay, the company last time was great! We'd love to have more people come!!

Hope to see more in the future!!

Post imported post

Ok all, we just met again at Perkin's and had a great time. A couple of new people attended this time and I hope enjoyed things!It was nice to have new people at this meeting and we all had fun and enjoyed the laughs and the conversation!

Anyone wanting to attend another meeting is more than welcome, just know that if you decide to drink the coffee you'll be making more trips to the bathroom than you would have intended! It flows out of you as fast as it flows out of the coffe pot!!

Thanks for coming guys!! Hopefully we do it again! Soon!!

Post imported post

I take it everybody had a 'great time'!!

I just could not resist..

Post imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
    I take it everybody had a 'great time'!!

I just could not resist..

How could you tell?! Sorry about my redundancy, I tend to repeat myself. People have told me in the past that I repeat myself but I don't think I repeat myself. Friends have told me I'm redundant but I don't think I repeat things, do you think I repeat things? I don't!! Maybe you do...?!

Post imported post

Hey guys, a PM I goton www.defensivecarry.comfrom "Captain Crunch":

"40s&wfan",

The Colt NM at Sportsman's was made in 1969.

Now if I could only win the lottery...

I enjoyed the get-together today (well, yesterday, actually.)

Looking forward to the next one.

Take care,

"Captain Crunch"
    (Names changed to protect the identity of the innocent.)

Post imported post

I think they were Isolating Us from the Rest of the Patrons. Next time we will sit right in the middle. Lets do Finnegan's next time to expand our Horizons!

Post imported post

I agree. I think the people that seated our party feel intimidated by us and therefore put us in a place where we're hidden from most of the rest of the patrons! Finnegan's sounds good next time!

Post imported post

I'm game, but way too far away to be of help in Kalispell

Post imported post

abearir wrote:
    I'm game, but way too far away to be of help in Kalispell
    Tell you what, if you're in this area we'll see what we can do to get together and have an impromptu gathering that you can attend. If you know anyone in the Flathead Valley area, be sure to tell them about it too! We love having more and more people there.

We started out with three the first time, this time we had five. Not a huge boom in attendance, but it's sure enough to put a smile on this country boys face!! The guys are awesome and we have fun, to me that's all that matters!!

Post imported post

Sounds like a Famous Daves' lunchon to me! I'm "usually" in the area Julys.

Post imported post

Sounds like fun!!

We've been discussing the subject of open/concealed carry in places like Famous Dave's that serve alcohol! Check out the conversation in the 'What is considered "open carry" in Montana.' I think that's the name of the thread in the Montana section!!

Post imported post

As far as I see, MCA does NOT prohibit OC in a bar, just CC. I'm not an attorney and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but my understanding is unless somethng is SPECIFICALLY prohibited it is legal. .... Does give one a bit of a pucker factor thinking about it though.:shock:Ya never know these days. Anyone in MT ever try it yet outside of hunting season. I know I've done it while hunting and not a word was said. Given the town I was in I'd bet I could have had an RPG-7 and driven in with a drunken Soviet tank crew and all the locals would have wanted to know is if they needed more beer...:quirky

Post imported post

Nice analogy! I'm still laughing at the mental image of a Soviet Tank Crew toting around bottles of Smirnoff and waving around RPG's hollering at the bartender and whining cause they just discovered they emptied their last bottle of vodka!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast