• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's what we need to do

holsterbill

imported post

Many decades of fighting for our rights and living through the many frustrations we all are, and have been, experiencing have brought me to this:

Politicians will vote the way that will get them votes. Those who appoint judges will make those appointments according to the wishes of their constituency. Even judges, I think, are influenced by public opinion.

So, here’s what we need to do. We need to raise a lot of money – a whole lot of it – enough with which to:

• Hire a director and staff to get us organized,
  • Hire professional fund raisers to raise a whole lot more money with which to,
  • Hire high powered advertising firms to produce ads that will sell the masses on wanting and needing guns like they have sold us on wanting and needing deodorant, cosmetics, etc.,
  • Pay for such ads to be run in all sorts of media so as to reach the masses. (Yes. If we pay them enough, even the most liberal and anti-gun media will run the ads.)
Until we do all of this, we will keep losing.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
You do realize that what you are really advocating is the formation of a new political party?

Absolutely not. History has shown that single issue parties get exactly no where.

I think what you're talking about is forming... the NRA. That obviouslydoesn't work. Appealing to the masses means the extremists in this group need to stop pissing them off with felon's rights, revolution, sheeple commentsandcowboy attitudes. We all need to be on a level playing fieldso everyone in the public can see we're people just like them, not abunch of hillbillies withour heads up our asses hiding fromprogess.After that is accomplished (and that's no small task), we can work on a bridge to the general public. As surprising (or not, if you're paying attention) as it may sound, an organization like pink pistols may be the key to creating the bridge to the public. Gun owners and pro-2A people need to distance themselves from the rapture-right nut job stereotype (the one that ostracizes us all from the public and makes the public hate us), and what better way to do that than with a bunch of a gay 2A advocates? That wouldbe a start.

SteveInAshand

imported post

New term G2A = Gay 2nd Amendment.

Even tho I am vehemently against the homosexual death style as a lifestyle I am not stupid.

I know that homosexual people need to protect themselves and enjoy the free practice of the 2A as much and sometimes more than most folks, so don't worry about guys like me who walk a politically correct tite rope , we are not as "Grand Torino" as you may think.

Thundar

imported post

holsterbill wrote:
So, here’s what we need to do. We need to raise a lot of money – a whole lot of it – enough with which to:

• Hire high powered advertising firms to produce ads that will sell the masses on wanting and needing guns like they have sold us on wanting and needing deodorant, cosmetics, etc.,
  • Pay for such ads to be run in all sorts of media so as to reach the masses. (Yes. If we pay them enough, even the most liberal and anti-gun media will run the ads.)
Sounds a lot like the NRA....

Eagleeye

imported post

Thundar wrote:
holsterbill wrote:
Sounds a lot like the NRA....
Who only bother to pull their collective thumbs out when they have no chance of ever loosing.

no, i'm not bashing them, but seriously, the NRA really needs to clean house, to much internal fighting is happening with them that is crippling their effectiveness.

we need to stop all compromising or we will be up sewer creek without even a boat.:cuss:

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Politicians will vote the way that will get them votes. Those who appoint judges will make those appointments according to the wishes of their constituency. Even judges, I think, are influenced by public opinion.

Respectfully, I disagree.

Bullet 1 creates an "overhead" position which does nothing more than collect money in the 6 figure arena.

Bullet 2 creates a position that can be effective, but, if you put the wrong person in this spot you end up driving a wedge between the communities.

Advertising / firms could be effective used properly.

Mediaand advertising could also be effective in a coordinated effort.

Your premise assumes however that the position taken by your hypothetical organization would 'draw' everyone in as members. That's a false premise. I know folks who won't joinan organization of any kind, or write their delegate, senator, governor, representive, us senator or president because they don't want to be on "the list".

I know there's people on this very BBS who won't get a concealed handgun/weapons permit. I know there's people on this very BBS who will snipe at efforts to move the ball forward, yet cannot produce a single copy of a correspondence to an elected official. I'll bet there's some on here not registered to vote (I've worked with some people - gun owners at that - who wouldn't register).

As a demographic, we don't do well unless we are actually being politically attacked.

How many in this posting wrote / emailed and called their elected officials to help repeal the NPS ban? <raises hand> anyone else?

I think there are plenty of groups out there to represent the issues important to all of us. All it would really take is for people to realize that someone else won't do it for them, all responsibility for representing your rights belongs to you, and you cannot have it represented by paid proxy. It's your responsibility to protect your rights.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
As surprising (or not, if you're paying attention) as it may sound, an organization like pink pistols may be the key to creating the bridge to the public.  Gun owners and pro-2A people need to distance themselves from the rapture-right nut job stereotype (the one that ostracizes us all from the public and makes the public hate us), and what better way to do that than with a bunch of a gay 2A advocates?  That would be a start. 
I still think the Pink Pistols OC march that was proposed as a segment of the next Gay Pride Parade here in SF is one of the best ideas I've heard on the forum yet.

It's too bad some folks pooh-poohed it, discussion never really went anywhere concrete.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
As surprising (or not, if you're paying attention) as it may sound, an organization like pink pistols may be the key to creating the bridge to the public. Gun owners and pro-2A people need to distance themselves from the rapture-right nut job stereotype (the one that ostracizes us all from the public and makes the public hate us), and what better way to do that than with a bunch of a gay 2A advocates? That wouldbe a start.
I still think the Pink Pistols OC march that was proposed as a segment of the next Gay Pride Parade here in SF is one of the best ideas I've heard on the forum yet.

It's too bad some folks pooh-poohed it, discussion never really went anywhere concrete.

Who did, people on this board or people from Pink Pistols?

Gordie

imported post

I think that it would be great for the Pink Pistols to march in the gay pride parade.:celebrate

Let the media try to paint them as a bunch of right wingers and rednecks.:D

SteveInAshand

imported post

holsterbill wrote:
Many decades of fighting for our rights and living through the many frustrations we all are, and have been, experiencing have brought me to this:

M&M = 1 Money or 2 Mass.

If you do not have capital M1= money "real" money / power such as Rush Limbaugh , then you need M2 = Mass, en mass a million gun owner March to override 3M= Media

Take a hint from poor blacks in the 60's fed up homosexuals in the 70's who had marginal or no representation, little or no money.

Seeing how most of us are of M2 and not $M1 our solution is simple.