• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Open carry

drhook2100

imported post

Did my first OC today went all over Gulfport then when to Hattiesburg went in and out of about 20 places nothing was said at all, I do have my CCW just in case i get stopped for my right to OC they can't say anything.

Mississippian

imported post

Congratulations on your first OC experience.

It sure is nice to see someone from my area on the board.

I'm still waiting on my CC permit before I do any OCing and was wondering, did you recently get your CC permit, if so, how long did you have to wait?

I was told mine would come in between Jan 19th and Mar 19th.

Something to think about, if you are going to OC alot, I would recommend getting a digital voice recorder, I have an Olympus WS 311M that goes everywhere with me, it is connected to a long'lanyard' and I wear it like a necklace under my shirt...It is very hard to spot and records for around eight hours on the HQ setting, longer on lower quality settings.

Be safe, be legal, cover your a**

drhook2100

imported post

I sent off for it on 11-26.08 and just got it back about 10 days ago, so it was about 5 weeks give our take.

thanks for the info I will have to get one.