• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 amendment

fire suppressor

imported post

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"

Dose no one care about the US Constitution any more?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Where is Donkey to tell us again how Obama and his administration aren't going to try to take away our guns. Or given the anti-gun bills already submitted and the anti-gun comments of dem congresscritters the last few weeks, how the blue-dog dems would keep such things from passing?

I fear that I underestimated either the arrogance or stupidity of Obama and the dem leadership. I didn't think they would go after guns until his second term, if any, taking a lesson from Clinton and the 1996 defeats following the AWB. Clinton didn't want to pass it, not because he objected to constitutional infringements, but because he knew it was political suicide for dem control of congress. It appears that I was wrong. I think I miscalculated and missed the bus for certain firearms.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

"Making the assault weapons ban would be good for law enforcement . . . . "

. . . because scary black guns are baaaaaaad baaaaaad baaaaaad. Because I'm just one more of the brain-dead anti-gun crowd, and all guns are baaaaaad baaaaaad baaaad.

What a bunch of idiots. Why don't they do their research. Cop killer bullets -- are we talking Black Talons? Hell, any FMJ rifle round larger than a .30-.30 will probably defeat body armor. How many incidents of criminals using cop killer bullets have they logged? The cops I know never talk about this issue. And the AWB being good for law enforcement? Last I heard, the cops in LA are having to deal with gangsters who have full-auto weapons, not semi-auto sport rifles.

We got a battle coming. I'm glad I have mycollection in the safe.

ChuckUFarley

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"

Dose no one care about the US Constitution any more?

It is funny, actually very sad that Obama said people shouldn’t stock up on weapons because he wasn’t going to be looking at these issues, but he didn’t mention his people wouldn’t.

I don’t know if the constitution is even thought about at all in our Gov any more.

ChuckUFarley

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Where is Donkey to tell us again how Obama and his administration aren't going to try to take away our guns. Or given the anti-gun bills already submitted and the anti-gun comments of dem congresscritters the last few weeks, how the blue-dog dems would keep such things from passing?

I fear that I underestimated either the arrogance or stupidity of Obama and the dem leadership. I didn't think they would go after guns until his second term, if any, taking a lesson from Clinton and the 1996 defeats following the AWB. Clinton didn't want to pass it, not because he objected to constitutional infringements, but because he knew it was political suicide for dem control of congress. It appears that I was wrong. I think I miscalculated and missed the bus for certain firearms.

Well it might not be suicide for the Dems any longer, i am amazed at how the sheeple act now since the Gov has convinced them that terrorists are all around us watching our every move and waiting to strike, that they have allowed our freedoms to dwindle in the name of Security. I noticed allot of so called "republicans" leaning more left now then any other time i can remember, and its all in the Name of Security.

I fear for our future as a country and as free men

tricityguy

imported post

Gentlemen,

How many of us are willing to take peaceful action in these matters? There are vastly more of us than there are of them. These people in congress are accountable to us! We do not have to roll over and put up with their bullsh_t. Just look at the number of "assault weapons" flying off store shelves. The anti gun crowd tries to convince us we're a tiny minority with extremist views that doesn't matter and we believe them. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why we put up with their sh_t.

Folks, we are NOT a tiny minority. How many guns have been sold these past few months? Each of those purchases represents someone who shares our views. How can we let a few hundred politicians overrule the will of tens of millions?

I call for action. NOT VIOLENCE. NOT THREATS. I cannot emphasize that enough. I call for massive, organized, PEACEFUL protests. We need to make these people understand we have had enough and that we are not going to sit in silence while they walk all over our constitutional rights. Obama already knows how many guns have been sold, so he knows where we stand but he also knows we're a bunch of sissies who can't even be bothered to make a few signs and organize large, continued and unrelenting protests. We didn't do a damn thing when Clinton pulled this, so why should now be any different?

I'd stand on the street with a sign every day if I had a few hundred people with me. So what gives? Are we so busy with the trivialities of daily life we can't take a stand for our freedoms? Are we just going to sit here on the Internet and whine, or are we going to put the fear of God into this administration with peaceful, yet firm action? If not, we may as well shut up and learn to live as good little subjects now, because without action, that's all any of us will ever be. You can write all the letters you want but these people won't change until American citizens take to the streets with signs in massive numbers, expressing their anger and refusing to be silent until they stop this gun control nonsense.

jarhead1911A

imported post

National Security is like military intelligence, Its all one big joke and its just another way for the idiots who run this country to get more control, I am all for another civil war hell i look forward to it.

At what point are the American people going to say enough is enough and fight back?

All i can say is this... You can take my "assault" riffles cause i can do just as much damage if not more with a 100yr old Naggant riffle than i can with a AR-15.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

They don't even care or look if the past regulations have done any good. I bet a hundred dollars these guys don't even do any research for themselves but just buy into the "sqeaky wheel" of people pushing agendas.

tricityguy

imported post

I bet a hundred dollars these guys don't even do any research for themselves but just buy into the "sqeaky wheel" of people pushing agendas.
I bet you're right. Perhaps us gun owners need to learn how to push our agenda - it's clear Brady, et al, are doing a better job than we are.

Gene Beasley

imported post

I'm sure that many have seen this already, but it's a classic.

This video is kinda funny to watch. You get to see the pumpkin boy (AFC to all of you PUAs out there) get pushed out of his own speech by a publicity hound state senator! Just look at how huffy he gets when she just keeps on going.

Interesting note about the state senator is that her daughter Ashley Devolites is currently serving a 9 year sentence in Federal Prison for armed robbery.
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/m1Vhqd7RlKs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0[/flash]

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Again self righteous government officials doing something to make themselves feel like they accomplished something. They do it on GOP side also. We need to stop paying our elected government officials, that might change their way of thinking.

cynicist

imported post

A friend of mine told me that that month before the last AWB came around, there was a store in Selah selling AK47s for 150, and they came with 10 mags. There's postive withing the negative.