• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forget the Ruger LCP, check out the Ruger LCR....

Elkad

imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
A laser sight on a backup gun is 100% gimmick.
I'd argue its actually a good place for a laser sight. The sight radius is so small that, comparatively, the laser is a far better aiming tool if you have to make a shot beyond a few feet.

shad0wfax

imported post

nova wrote:
I'm disappointed. They IMO would have been better served by making an alloy framed SP101. This coming from a BIG Ruger fan (and pre-lock smith fan).
I agree. The SP101 is nice for carry and a lighter version would be great!

Tylerc

imported post

Shooting .357 out of a snub nose is not very enjoyable. especially when shooting with the hard rubber factory grips thatS&W come with. once you put a good grip on they aren't too bad. you gotta develop a little tolerance to the recoil. but that ruger looks very interesting especially in the cylinder area. I wouldn't personally buy one as I like a little heft in my revolvers. But interesting design and materials for shure.

shad0wfax

imported post

Tylerc wrote:
Shooting .357 out of a snub nose is not very enjoyable. especially when shooting with the hard rubber factory grips thatS&W come with. once you put a good grip on they aren't too bad. you gotta develop a little tolerance to the recoil. but that ruger looks very interesting especially in the cylinder area. I wouldn't personally buy one as I like a little heft in my revolvers. But interesting design and materials for shure.

Yeah, I carry a J-frame with a 3" barrel with 158 gr Gold Dots in it. It's OK to shoot as long as you keep it to 100 rounds or less. The factory grips start to beat up my hands after I've put too many through it.

What grips do you have on yours, and can you still use a speed-loader with them?

Tylerc

imported post

I've recently sold my 649 butI had a hogue monogrip on it. And I couldn't tell ya if it could still take speedloaders asI usually used a speed strip to reload it.

shad0wfax

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
I much prefer revolvers with visible hammers.

I know the advantages to the concealed hammers etc. but I'm just that way.
Yeah, I prefer hammers as well. In fact, my carry J-frame has an adjustable rear site as well as an exposed hammer. (The Galco holster I have has enough leather covering the site and hammer to prevent it from digging into my body at all. It's quite comfortable.)