• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TexasCHL.net

jdv

imported post

Good morning Texans. Just wanted to share a new site I started off not to long ago for Texans in support of the Open Carry movement as well as for talk with the Conceal Handgun License. A place those to get answers and also share their experiences with the process.

http://www.texaschl.net

I posted two threads on the site. One which brings the visitor back to the Petition So they may read it, get educated on theprogramand sign it.

The other was a link to a thread directly here for the Operation Thunder in support of the fund raising for the billboards, taxi signs and of course the site itself OpenCarry.org

Thanks. Everyone have a good long weekend.

John (TexasCHL.net)

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I applaud your effort, but honestly, there are too many sites that simply repeat the same information.

As we can obviously see, many people here do not have much free time as it is. Just look at the capitol event.

People need to focus on one site and one site only.

I'm not exactly sure of your motives but I'll assume the best of intentions and not an idea driven by the possibility of personal income.

This is a very important issue and I see too many things in the way of getting people organized to make this happen.

Time is running out, lets do everything we can to make sure the right thing happens.

jdv

imported post

Thanks for reply and support to OpenCarry.org

Not sure how i could profit on being a part of the voice for the peoples desires on CHL and Open Carry in the state of Texas. Its just a forum site. No business. No worries. Rest assured i asked the site admin before I posted here.

I do agree we should all keep focus on the mission. Get Open Carry Into and Through The State Capital. Im on the team and fellow supporter. As you said, we need to focus on organizing events and educating the people and especially communicating with those in office that can assist us in this measure.

Enjoy the weekend. Its a bit nippy here in San Antonio today. Just got back from Arizona last night. Big weather difference.

John

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Too many gun sites have popped up in the past few years just to make a profit from membership fees, "donations" and advertising. So far opencarry.org is the only one I see actually taking donations and spending it on something I can see AND hear!

glocktalk.com is pretty good, they have drawings for prizes but they don't do much for 2A rights like this site does. That is more or less a site made for an individual to profit from. Which I am not downing at all, I've been a member there for a long time and financial supporter. But right now we don't need more entrepreneurs opening gun sites, let's get something accomplished, thats all I'm saying.

No disrespect to you or your effort.

Canyon Lake is a nice area, I was down there for Christmas to see my family.

jdv

imported post

I started my site in hopes of joining together Texas CHL Holders or those that are seeking it.

And yes, I am a very avid support of Open Carry in Texas and OpenCarry.org (anything i can do i will support). And I express that on mysite. Both the Open Carry and OpenCarry.org

Yup, Canyon Lake is awesome. I live right on the lake. Walk out the back door and bam... on the shore. Love it.

TexasGunPro

TexasCHL.net has a new owner

Not sure why John let the domain lapse, but he did and now Texas Gun Pros, Inc., a Firearms Training organization in the Dallas - Fort Worth area is using the domain to promote our Texas CHL classes. If you're in the area and looking for excellent CHL, NRA or Hunter's Ed training, check us out. Primary website is www.texasgunpros.com.

Thanks,

David