Thread: Open carry in Michigan-question

Post imported post

Since MI is an open carry state, what are the laws about carrying while on the water?

I'm referring specifically on Lake St Clair, in Michigan waters only. Can I legally open carry while on my boat?

I spend a lot of hours on the water in warmer weather when I am not likely to be wearing enough clothing to carry concealed and I've never seen this question addressed anywhere.

Post imported post

rugergirl wrote:
    Since MI is an open carry state, what are the laws about carrying while on the water?

I'm referring specifically on Lake St Clair, in Michigan waters only. Can I legally open carry while on my boat?

I spend a lot of hours on the water in warmer weather when I am not likely to be wearing enough clothing to carry concealed and I've never seen this question addressed anywhere.
    Just a thought, but you might get a better response if you ask in the Michigan section of the forums. There are forums for each of the states and they get regular traffic.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    rugergirl wrote:

Just a thought, but you might get a better response if you ask in the Michigan section of the forums. There are forums for each of the states and they get regular traffic.
    Duh, I'm new here, can you tell. I'll give that a try, thanks

Post imported post

rugergirl wrote:
    Duh, I'm new here, can you tell. I'll give that a try, thanks
    No worries,and welcome to the boards.