• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Michigan-question

rugergirl

imported post

Since MI is an open carry state, what are the laws about carrying while on the water?

I'm referring specifically on Lake St Clair, in Michigan waters only. Can I legally open carry while on my boat?

I spend a lot of hours on the water in warmer weather when I am not likely to be wearing enough clothing to carry concealed and I've never seen this question addressed anywhere.

shad0wfax

imported post

rugergirl wrote:
Since MI is an open carry state, what are the laws about carrying while on the water?

I'm referring specifically on Lake St Clair, in Michigan waters only. Can I legally open carry while on my boat?

I spend a lot of hours on the water in warmer weather when I am not likely to be wearing enough clothing to carry concealed and I've never seen this question addressed anywhere.
Just a thought, but you might get a better response if you ask in the Michigan section of the forums. There are forums for each of the states and they get regular traffic. :)

rugergirl

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
rugergirl wrote:

Just a thought, but you might get a better response if you ask in the Michigan section of the forums. There are forums for each of the states and they get regular traffic. :)
Duh, I'm new here, can you tell. I'll give that a try, thanks:)