• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man open carrying gets robbed of his gun

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cbackous wrote:
obviously, since this story is bogus, the evidence is still in support of OC, as am I.

Even if this story was accurate, the evidence would still be in favor of OC. One story would not be sufficient in light of the thousands of people who OC every day across the US, to change the statistics from positive to negative.

When was the last time a BG stalked and attacked a LEO for his openly carried side arm? While LEOs often lose control of their weapons during scuffles with people they have detained, AFAIK, there are only a very few instances on record when any LEO was attacked out of the blue to get his weapon.

Why should any other person open carrying have any experience different from that? Believe me the uniform is not much of a deterrent. If it were people would not laugh so had at unarmed guards.

AbNo

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
This is old news and the story was found out to be false.
It is somewhere on this site.

Something, like the person reported his own gun stolen and it was found in his house, IIRC.
+1

This never happened, the "victim" was a liar with a criminal record who made the whole story up.

Best to use the "search" function before postings threads like this.
Good find, Agent.

My question is: Why hasn't FFC amended this to note it was a false report?

bohdi

imported post

The right to a swift and fair trial might have something to do with it. Not all trials are "swift" or "fair" though. Could be a continuing investigation, could be lots of things. Could be someone other than me should contact the Sullyfield PD and ask them if they really want to know.....