Thread: City of Bellevue

Post imported post

Got this back from Bellevue:

I have been asked to respond to your email to the City regarding Bellevue code section 3.43.320. The City is aware of the provisions of the RCW regarding regulation of firearms, and the City code section is not intended to prohibit the lawful possession of firearms in parks, nor will the City cite or expel people from parks for the lawful possession of firearms. Understanding that the Bellevue code provision is causing confusion about the intent and application of the prohibition, we have added Section 3.43.320 to our list of code sections that need amendment in our next code clean-up effort. In addition, the wording on signs posted in parks will be refined to clarify that the lawful possession of firearms is not prohibited when those signs are replaced as part of the City's routine maintenance. Thank you for contacting the City with this concern.
    Kate BerensDeputy City Attorney
    City of Bellevue

Post imported post

Better than the reply I got a month and a half ago. After a few of us contacted them I think they got the point

Mr. Hermann, We realize COB 3.43 cannot preempt RCW 9.41.290, the language on the signs is intended to create a safer environment by dissuading illegal possession of firearms in Parks. Thank you for brining this to our attention. Sincerely,
    Julie Cross

Administrative Services Supervisor

City of Bellevue Parks

jcross@bellevuewa.gov

Before you print this email, please consider your commitment to environmental stewardship.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Better than the reply I got a month and a half ago. After a few of us contacted them I think they got the point

Mr. Hermann, We realize COB 3.43 cannot preempt RCW 9.41.290, the language on the signs is intended to create a safer environment by dissuading illegal possession of firearms in Parks. Thank you for brining this to our attention. Sincerely,
    Julie Cross

City of Bellevue Parks

jcross@bellevuewa.gov

Before you print this email, please consider your commitment to environmental stewardship.
    Again this demonstrates our lawmakers ignorance though, criminals who unlawfully carry firearms won't care what kind of sign you put up. And I think I am going to print a thousand copies of her e-mail.....lol...j/k
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good work IZZLE

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:

Julie Cross

City of Bellevue Parks

jcross@bellevuewa.gov

Man, that's one of the best lines of BS I've ever heard from a politician before. Allow me to paraphrase for comedic effect:

Mr Hermann, We realize our legislation is unlawful, repealed, and pre-empted. We just left it in our lawbooks and kept the signs posted because we have no respect for the RCWs or the office of the Attorney General.In addition, we're just trying toguiltignorant citizensinto disarmingthemselves because we don't like guns.Althoughcriminals who illegally posess firearms won't be dissuaded by our posted signs, we'd like to go on living in our liberal fantasy-land utopia where criminals see no-weapons signs and sheepishly go home, lest they be spoken to harshly by our local police deputies, who only carry guns now because we haven't had a nation-wide gun-ban yet. (Only then will our utopia be complete.)

Sincerely,

blahblahblah