• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Bellevue

Izzle

imported post

Got this back from Bellevue:

[align=left]I have been asked to respond to your email to the City regarding Bellevue code section 3.43.320. The City is aware of the provisions of the RCW regarding regulation of firearms, and the City code section is not intended to prohibit the lawful possession of firearms in parks, nor will the City cite or expel people from parks for the lawful possession of firearms. Understanding that the Bellevue code provision is causing confusion about the intent and application of the prohibition, we have added Section 3.43.320 to our list of code sections that need amendment in our next code clean-up effort. In addition, the wording on signs posted in parks will be refined to clarify that the lawful possession of firearms is not prohibited when those signs are replaced as part of the City's routine maintenance. Thank you for contacting the City with this concern.[/align] [align=left][/align] [align=left]Kate BerensDeputy City Attorney
City of Bellevue [/align]

Tawnos

imported post

Better than the reply I got a month and a half ago. After a few of us contacted them I think they got the point :)

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"]Mr. Hermann, We realize COB 3.43 cannot preempt RCW 9.41.290, the language on the signs is intended to create a safer environment by dissuading illegal possession of firearms in Parks. Thank you for brining this to our attention. Sincerely,[/font][font="Verdana, sans-serif"][font="Papyrus, cursive"]
Julie Cross
[/font]
[font="Book Antiqua, serif"]
Administrative Services Supervisor[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua, serif"]City of Bellevue Parks[/font] [font="Copperplate Gothic Light, sans-serif"]
425.452.6882[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]
[font="Copperplate Gothic Light, sans-serif"]jcross@bellevuewa.gov[/font][/font]
Before you print this email, please consider your commitment to environmental stewardship.
[/font]
[/font]

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Better than the reply I got a month and a half ago. After a few of us contacted them I think they got the point :)

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"]Mr. Hermann, We realize COB 3.43 cannot preempt RCW 9.41.290, the language on the signs is intended to create a safer environment by dissuading illegal possession of firearms in Parks. Thank you for brining this to our attention. Sincerely,[/font][font="Verdana, sans-serif"][font="Papyrus, cursive"]
Julie Cross
[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua, serif"]City of Bellevue Parks[/font] [font="Copperplate Gothic Light, sans-serif"]
425.452.6882[/font]
[font="Copperplate Gothic Light, sans-serif"]jcross@bellevuewa.gov[/font][/font]
Before you print this email, please consider your commitment to environmental stewardship.
[/font]
[/font]
Again this demonstrates our lawmakers ignorance though, criminals who unlawfully carry firearms won't care what kind of sign you put up. And I think I am going to print a thousand copies of her e-mail.....lol...j/k

shad0wfax

imported post

Tawnos wrote:

Julie Cross
[/font]

425.452.6882[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
Man, that's one of the best lines of BS I've ever heard from a politician before. Allow me to paraphrase for comedic effect:

Mr Hermann, We realize our legislation is unlawful, repealed, and pre-empted. We just left it in our lawbooks and kept the signs posted because we have no respect for the RCWs or the office of the Attorney General.In addition, we're just trying toguiltignorant citizensinto disarmingthemselves because we don't like guns.Althoughcriminals who illegally posess firearms won't be dissuaded by our posted signs, we'd like to go on living in our liberal fantasy-land utopia where criminals see no-weapons signs and sheepishly go home, lest they be spoken to harshly by our local police deputies, who only carry guns now because we haven't had a nation-wide gun-ban yet. (Only then will our utopia be complete.)

Sincerely,

blahblahblah