• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Roanoke/Salem

Jkingery

imported post

Today was the first time ive open carried with my pistol i first when down to thelittle store below my houseto getcigarettes with no problemwith a small stare from the cashier then, i met up with my Parents at Burlington Coat Factory in Roanoke, never had any problems and not even one person stared not even the employee's (Myfather was a little surprised but thought it was pretty cool especially after i showed him the e-mail i got from Virginia State Police that toldme that it was legal to OC). I then went to Salem to make my car payment at Commonwealth Finance on mainstreet, no problems there either, i was at first kinda scared to try OC but after today i have no problem and plan to do it more often till i find the time to get my CWP

If any fellow OCr's would like to do a little get together or something let me know and we can see about setting up a time and place to do so

Jkingery

imported post

My OC experience continues, the other day my friend and I went to the local Sheetz to get so food, my friend works for Loomis and Fargo and he OC's all the time, had no problems, there was even some local police officers there that came in, and all they did was nod their heads at usand stared but never asked any questions, then went to Lakeside Kroger to pick up a few groceries, no stares or questions, over heard an employee talking to a fellow employee saying you could carry one too if u had a license, i kinda smiled to myself and told them no license was required to OC, they were a lil surprised but thought it was pretty cool.

If you live in the Roanoke/Salemarea post your experience about places you've been i would like to see where anybody has had any problems or any other type of situations thanks

NLHopkins

imported post

I just posted about a bad experience at the Wendy's in Roanoke. It's the Wendy's right on 460 right before you hit the civic center.