Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Places to shoot spokane area

Post imported post

I am looking for somewhere to go shooting in the Spokane area. I am aware this forum is against sharpshooters and I recently have had my own reasons for staying away from that business, but as a newer shooter I am not sure where I might be able to go. Any advice (and directions) are appreciated.

Post imported post

Besides sharpshooters there seems to be 3 options.

Spokane Rifle Club... Check their website for what days and times they are open. I think it is $20.

Spokane Valley Rifle Club... Out in Mica, so a little drive. 1000+ Yard range. Open2pm until dusk. $5.

The other is fish lake or something... Never been there myself, some other member will come along and give you more info on it shortly

Welcome to the forum.

Post imported post

the3rdsam,
    You did not say what you shot. The Spokane Rifle Club is around $120/year for membership. $20 to shoot for the day. Check this site.

http://www.spokanerifleclub.com/

Check this web site at Mica. Mica has lots of different shooting areas.

http://www.inas.us/svrpc.html

If you also shoot blackpowder get in touch with me.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Besides sharpshooters there seems to be 3 options.
    I turn your attention to (currently) the bottom of the DNP List: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630.html
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'll second the Spokane Rifle Club. fetch quoted the wrong price though. Membership is $100 annually not $120, but there is an additional $80 administrative fee for the first year, and only the first year.

Post imported post

if you don't mind driving to Post Falls, Center Target Sports has a great indoor range. They offer several diffent classes for defensive shooting for pistol, shotgun and carbine. they also offer a Utah conceal carry class.

Post imported post

fetch wrote:
    the3rdsam,
    You did not say what you shot. The Spokane Rifle Club is around $120/year for membership. $20 to shoot for the day. Check this site.
    I have a glock 19 and I recently received a winchester 1300 so I can start doing some trap. I am also looking into getting either an ar15/ak/or ruger mini 14 down the road.

Post imported post

I go out to Fishtrap. It is BLM land about 30 miles west of Spokane. There are several places there that you can shoot. I will try to scan the maps I have of the area and get them posted.

bob

Post imported post

Bob, that would be great, as I have not been out there. I really like the rifle club, it's close to my house and there are a lot of great guys running the range. Center Target is #2, especially when it is freezing outside. I will not go to Sharp shooters ever again. I will not give my money to a company that will not respect my Constitutional rights.

Post imported post

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just moved to Spokane and thought I could add to this thread.

Through researching the BLM website I found this link.
    http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr...php?siteid=272

It is a link to fishtrap recreation area and on that page there is a link to a map. It appears shooting is allowed on BLM land so long as you are not shooting towards where people are, shooting accross roads, or shooting accross water.

Im very interested in going out there. If anyone else is, let me know.

Jonathan

Post imported post

I will add to your bump and remind all readers to avoid Sharpshooting at al costs.

Post imported post

I am interested in going out there. I have never been there but I have heard about it. I will be back in town next week. Just send me a PM and maybe we canwork out a lunch and shooting day.

Runningscared wrote:
    Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just moved to Spokane and thought I could add to this thread.

Through researching the BLM website I found this link.
    http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr...php?siteid=272

It is a link to fishtrap recreation area and on that page there is a link to a map. It appears shooting is allowed on BLM land so long as you are not shooting towards where people are, shooting accross roads, or shooting accross water.

Im very interested in going out there. If anyone else is, let me know.

Jonathan

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    I will add to your bump and remind all readers to avoid Sharpshooting at al costs.
    They are on the WA DNP List: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630.html
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I know, I helped put them on there. Just passing on the reminder.

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    I know, I helped put them on there. Just passing on the reminder.
    Just adding that in for the new members that might not have read our stickies... I know, unthinkable, but I'm sure it happens. :P
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Whao, wait just a second. You're supposed to read the stickies before you post? When did this start? I want answers people!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    Whao, wait just a second. You're supposed to read the stickies before you post? When did this start? I want answers people!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
    And excellent flash video and one I've seen at least once on every forum I've been on.

Unfortunately, rule 2 doesn't apply well to OCDO, as our search function sucks balls. A lot of times I'll search for something a few years old and use a word I know is part of the thread and it doesn't come up with anything.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Runningscared,

Try this link:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...light=fishtrap

bob

Post imported post

Thanks alot Bob.

I plan on going out there for a nice walk, some shooting, and an over night tent stay.

Jon

Post imported post

I would like to pose a question to you. If you had another choice for an indoor range in the northend of Spokane would you use it? I am currently researching the idea. I would love any feedback you might have. Some of you who don't know me I am a patriot in every sense of the word. I have served in our armed forces during wartime, I have also served as a medic in the civilian world for over fifteen years.

Like I said, I am researching this idea and also researching funding options. I look forward to hearing your responses.

Post imported post

tacmedic911 wrote:
    I would like to pose a question to you. If you had another choice for an indoor range in the northend of Spokane would you use it? I am currently researching the idea. I would love any feedback you might have. Some of you who don't know me I am a patriot in every sense of the word. I have served in our armed forces during wartime, I have also served as a medic in the civilian world for over fifteen years.

Like I said, I am researching this idea and also researching funding options. I look forward to hearing your responses.
    Tacmedic,

I would like to see another option on the north side. I am not particularly happy about some of the rules at the Spokane Rifle Club. ( No OC, 1 second between shots)

Do you have a decent piece of property out there in Deer Park that you could use as an outdoor range? Anything from a 25 meter line to 100 yards?

Post imported post

Surf. Check and see if The Spokane Rifle club receive any funding from the Pittman/ Robertson act. Or, if they receive funding for range upgrades from the state.

If they do I believe that they would fall under premption for the OC.

Post imported post

TriggerDr

Could you elaborate more on this point, or provide a source for some reading on how this specifically applies to gun clubs? I had not thought or heard about this.

Thanks

Post imported post

Just speculation on my part, but the Pittman/Robertson act provides funding for range upgrades, Hunter Education, etc. One of the required conditions is the range must be open to public use for a fee. Since this is federal funding and state matching funds, I think it could be said the government is participating inoperating the range.
    One of the penalties for non compliance is repayment IN FULL of all monies received under this act.
    I may be completely wrong, but it is worth looking into.

Sharpshooters

I had little problems with the rules at Sharpshooters until the boys barred by daughter from shooting due to lack of ID. She had been through their handgun class but the boys said rules are rules. So I haven't been back and now buy my guns at Deer Park.

Now I just shoot in the country. Would love to hear where a "legal" area is for plinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast