• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places to shoot spokane area

the3rdsam

imported post

I am looking for somewhere to go shooting in the Spokane area. I am aware this forum is against sharpshooters and I recently have had my own reasons for staying away from that business, but as a newer shooter I am not sure where I might be able to go. Any advice (and directions) are appreciated.

David.Car

imported post

Besides sharpshooters there seems to be 3 options.

Spokane Rifle Club... Check their website for what days and times they are open. I think it is $20.

Spokane Valley Rifle Club... Out in Mica, so a little drive. 1000+ Yard range. Open2pm until dusk. $5.

The other is fish lake or something... Never been there myself, some other member will come along and give you more info on it shortly ;)

Welcome to the forum.

shad0wfax

imported post

I'll second the Spokane Rifle Club. fetch quoted the wrong price though. Membership is $100 annually not $120, but there is an additional $80 administrative fee for the first year, and only the first year.

FILO

imported post

if you don't mind driving to Post Falls, Center Target Sports has a great indoor range. They offer several diffent classes for defensive shooting for pistol, shotgun and carbine. they also offer a Utah conceal carry class.

the3rdsam

imported post

fetch wrote:
the3rdsam,
You did not say what you shot. The Spokane Rifle Club is around $120/year for membership. $20 to shoot for the day. Check this site.

I have a glock 19 and I recently received a winchester 1300 so I can start doing some trap. I am also looking into getting either an ar15/ak/or ruger mini 14 down the road.

BobR

imported post

I go out to Fishtrap. It is BLM land about 30 miles west of Spokane. There are several places there that you can shoot. I will try to scan the maps I have of the area and get them posted.

bob

surfj9009

imported post

Bob, that would be great, as I have not been out there. I really like the rifle club, it's close to my house and there are a lot of great guys running the range. Center Target is #2, especially when it is freezing outside. I will not go to Sharp shooters ever again. I will not give my money to a company that will not respect my Constitutional rights.

Runningscared

imported post

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just moved to Spokane and thought I could add to this thread.

Through researching the BLM website I found this link.
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/site_info.php?siteid=272

It is a link to fishtrap recreation area and on that page there is a link to a map. It appears shooting is allowed on BLM land so long as you are not shooting towards where people are, shooting accross roads, or shooting accross water.

Im very interested in going out there. If anyone else is, let me know.

Jonathan

surfj9009

imported post

I am interested in going out there. I have never been there but I have heard about it. I will be back in town next week. Just send me a PM and maybe we canwork out a lunch and shooting day.

Runningscared wrote:
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just moved to Spokane and thought I could add to this thread.

Through researching the BLM website I found this link.
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/site_info.php?siteid=272

It is a link to fishtrap recreation area and on that page there is a link to a map. It appears shooting is allowed on BLM land so long as you are not shooting towards where people are, shooting accross roads, or shooting accross water.

Im very interested in going out there. If anyone else is, let me know.

Jonathan

just_a_car

imported post

Vandal wrote:
Whao, wait just a second. You're supposed to read the stickies before you post? When did this start? I want answers people!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
And excellent flash video and one I've seen at least once on every forum I've been on.

Unfortunately, rule 2 doesn't apply well to OCDO, as our search function sucks balls. A lot of times I'll search for something a few years old and use a word I know is part of the thread and it doesn't come up with anything.

tacmedic911

imported post

I would like to pose a question to you. If you had another choice for an indoor range in the northend of Spokane would you use it? I am currently researching the idea. I would love any feedback you might have. Some of you who don't know me I am a patriot in every sense of the word. I have served in our armed forces during wartime, I have also served as a medic in the civilian world for over fifteen years.

Like I said, I am researching this idea and also researching funding options. I look forward to hearing your responses.