• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in National Parks

deircrfan

imported post

I live in Virginia, but spend a lot of time on the Outer Banks (family has a home there). I have a resident CCW permit from Virginia and a non-resident CCW permit from Utah. My wife and I love going to Hatteras and Ocracoke. Can we carry on Hatteras and Ocracoke? My wife has the same CCW permits.

murf26

imported post

If the VA and UT permit's are valid in NC, you canCC @ Outer Banks; you just can't CC in any of the buildings or facilities, because they are federal. You can Concealed-Carryoutside, just not inside.