• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Oppression Statute

AZkopper

imported post

AZ has state preemption of all gun laws, however, statute allows subdivisions (towns, cities, counties) of parks under 1 sq mile (If I remember the size correctly) to limit firearms to CCW holders. Some parks are posted as such, others are not. If it is not posted, firearms are allowed without a CCW. Most parks I know of just have a sign saying 'no shooting' or such.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not exactly what I was talking about. Pennsylvania has a statute that makes it illegal for those in authority to 'voice their opinion' when that opinion is counter to rights. The example given was that "county park rangers will try to discourage people from openly carrying guns.", even though that is a perfectly legal activity. It sounds like that statute is exactly what's neededif LE tries toget someone to followtheir opinion and not just enforce the law.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

That's misconduct under color of law (the badge). It is the duty of LEO's to enforce the 'law'... not bully citizens with their opinion(s). Most of what we've observed (here on this forum) relative to OC, are individual LEO's and some Departments in denial of this basic civil right.Fortunately, this is rare in Arizona.

I only recall one 'park' that I entered (in Marana) for a car show (Founders Day) that was posted 'no firearms'. Having entered from the opposite side of the park, as apartcipant / contestant... I never passed the signage on the walkway. I parked the hot rod for the show and went wandering OC. Encountered several Deputies and Marana Police etc... and passed w/o incident. MAYBE... 'cause I was in 1880's 'period dress', which was also a judged event. I carried a loaded SAA .45 tho. This was in 2007.

As for the outcome... 'won $50. for the 1880's 'rig'and 'Best Custom Truck After 1980' class. For some reason, there was no car show in 2008. (I'd won the same in 2006.)

I'm real close to the Ironwood State Park... 'n have never seen any posting on the sign at the gate there. I traverse the Saguero National Park daily and have never even heard of anyone having a 'carry' problem with the Rangers... regardless of the previous restrictions.

There's a pre-disposition to paint all areas with a broad brush... This isn't Pennslyvania. This isn't the'east coast', west coast or middle America... this is Arizona. The Rangers and Deputies live here... some grew up here... It'sthe cultural ATTITUDE toward firearms of the region. That makes all the difference in the world.