• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Meetup a Success

NAT

imported post

Call me Nat---I came to Morgan City in 1970 to Work in oilfied. I am from North Louisiana at That time you had better be able to take kidding orfight.I choose the kidding and have never regreated it. My close freinds still call me redneck. I have worked all over the States and always carried in my truck. When stopped and told LE that I had a weapon in the truck due to where I was going I have never had any trouble. Now I have a grandson and we will be traveling to Texas to Florida so I feel I need to get a carry license (DAUGTER COME PICK UP MY GRANSON BECAUSE I AM IN JAIL IN TEXAS BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE)

Have been reading all post for awhile---Was going to meeting early and set in cornner and questionthe group about open carryandsee how long it would take before someone would tell me wake up. But work called

WILL BE AT THE NEXT MEETING

NAT

turbodog

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Welcome to the group !! We were literally right down the road from you at the Hammond IHOP last Saturday.
Do you currently OC?

I was working last Saturday so couln't have come even if I had already known about the group. But hopefully next time...

I CC normally. I've posted a story about my attempt at open carry LOL.

Tdog

sraacke

imported post

The 10pm version is different than the video I linked to. Soundman33 has a DVD of the 10pm broadcast he recorded. I'm trying to get a copy and do my best to get it up somewhere that everyone else can see it.

sraacke

imported post

Soundman 33 dropped by this morning and brought dvd copies of the 6pm and 10pm broadcasts. After about 3 hours of recording the DVDs, converting them to AVI files, editing out all but the 2 minutes of our meetup and uploading them to my YouTube account we have them ready for your viewing pleasure.

First, the 6pm version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwIP0RbU8Gk

Next is the 10pm version....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkx4sOLuT0

Enjoy and thanks to Soundmann33 for getting these to me.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks yale and soundman33!

This one, while not overly negative, was a bit more so than the 6pm version, owing to the greater number of "man-on-the-street" quotes. It essentially said the same thing - that carrying is a right, but some people don't know that and get upset about it. That's exactly the attitude we're hoping to lessen by acclimatizing people to open carry.

I wonder what would have happened if we'd done a "hidden camera" thing with Rob - go to the same bookstore he went to and let him shoot tape of people reacting or not reacting. The people who said they might be fearful of seeing someone with a gun look like the kind of folks who usually take me for a cop. I'd almost bet on that reaction from them.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NAT wrote:
<SNIP>
Now I have a grandson and we will be traveling to Texas to Florida so I feel I need to get a carry license (DAUGTER COME PICK UP MY GRANSON BECAUSE I AM IN JAIL IN TEXAS BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE)
<SNIP

Welcome, Nat!

Since you'll be doing some interstate travelling, you can check out some of the various states' gun laws at the main page for this website by clicking on the "Maps" tab. Some other sites to check out include www.handgunlaw.us, www.nraila.org/GunLaws, and www.gunlaws.com.

Additionally, you should take a look at the BATFE FAQ site http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm