• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felony Stop while OC'ing

Hef

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
Why do you all bitch on here when you freakin' get harassed for OCing? Whether it's your right or not, people freak out when you openly carry a gun, unless your a cop, military, federal agent...blah blah...I empathize with you in regards to the security douche bag who completely blew everything out of proportion. He obviously had a stick up his ass, if you say what you said to be true, and I have no reason to doubt you then maybe you should look into doing something about him falsely accusing you...But, then it's his world against yours and all the other happy horse @#$%...I'm not trying to start a war here, cuz it never gets anywhere...But it just amazes me, when people rant and rave about being harassed while OCing...You have a CCW. Would this have happened if you CC'd? I don't know, but damn, expect harassment, your carrying a freakin' gun...For the world to see...This isn't the wild west anymore.
WRONG ANSWER. Try again.

JBURGII

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
Why do you all bitch on here when you freakin' get harassed for OCing? Whether it's your right or not, people freak out when you openly carry a gun, unless your a cop, military, federal agent...blah blah...I empathize with you in regards to the security douche bag who completely blew everything out of proportion. He obviously had a stick up his ass, if you say what you said to be true, and I have no reason to doubt you then maybe you should look into doing something about him falsely accusing you...But, then it's his world against yours and all the other happy horse @#$%...I'm not trying to start a war here, cuz it never gets anywhere...But it just amazes me, when people rant and rave about being harassed while OCing...You have a CCW. Would this have happened if you CC'd? I don't know, but damn, expect harassment, your carrying a freakin' gun...For the world to see...This isn't the wild west anymore.

Sure I expect some 'harassment' from citizens as well as some LEO.. that doesn't make it right. I don't let it worry me that much.. but when a persons civil rights are violated, it is perfectly acceptable to upset.

Just bowing down before even small violations leads to more and more of this kind of bad behavior on the part of antis.. I do not have a CHL so OC is my ONLY option, so what should I do then to protect the fragile sensibilities of the anti gun crowd then?

J

glock10mm

imported post

lockman wrote:
To: glock10mm

So political correctness to the point of suppressing constitutional rights is just fine with you.

If the moderator applied the same standard to your post that you apply to the original poster's actions then your post would be deleted and you would be banned.
Dude, your too easy on that one, so I'm gonna ignore you...LOL...Protected by 9mm I agree with you, again, this is starting to scare me...To all you bitching at me about your rights...I'm not questioning your rights nor saying having them taken away is right. I advocate the 2nd Amend. I fight for it. But what I can't stand, is constantly hearing you all bitch on here about being harassed. Your gonna get harassed. By the public, by business owners, and yes, right or wrong, by the cops. Because you openly carry. Protected is right, you all do bitch, do something about it. Organized a freakin' city counsel meeting, send a letter to the Slc Trib editior, be proactive, not complacent and bitch about being kicked out of the movies, wal-mart, or the one man diner or boondocks...Your carrying something people are afraid of, for them to see, expect harassment, especially when your lurking around an apt complex, armed, at 1am....Jesus...Is it right Gunsfreak was arrested? I wasn't there, but have you ever heard you meet a serial killer half way, before? You openly carry a weapon, your right, I'm not denying that, but people are afraid of what they don't understand, so expect it...If you walk down a bad section in a big city where you have no business being, are you gonna bitch when you get mugged? And post a blog about it on the internet?

scorpioajr

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
lockman wrote:

So political correctness to the point of suppressing constitutional rights is just fine with you.

If the moderator applied the same standard to your post that you apply to the original poster's actions then your post would be deleted and you would be banned.
....Protected by 9mm I agree with you...
Yay!! i KNEW there was a reason i posted sober. :lol::celebrate

glock10mm wrote:
..If you walk down a bad section in a big city where you have no business being, are you gonna bitch when you get mugged? And post a blog about it on the internet?
That one was funny bro. :lol:

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

glock10mm wrote:
lockman wrote:

Dude, your too easy on that one, so I'm gonna ignore you...LOL...Protected by 9mm I agree with you, again, this is starting to scare me...To all you bitching at me about your rights...I'm not questioning your rights nor saying having them taken away is right. I advocate the 2nd Amend. I fight for it. But what I can't stand, is constantly hearing you all bitch on here about being harassed. Your gonna get harassed. By the public, by business owners, and yes, right or wrong, by the cops. Because you openly carry. Protected is right, you all do bitch, do something about it. Organized a freakin' city counsel meeting, send a letter to the Slc Trib editior, be proactive, not complacent and bitch about being kicked out of the movies, wal-mart, or the one man diner or boondocks...Your carrying something people are afraid of, for them to see, expect harassment, especially when your lurking around an apt complex, armed, at 1am....Jesus...Is it right Gunsfreak was arrested? I wasn't there, but have you ever heard you meet a serial killer half way, before? You openly carry a weapon, your right, I'm not denying that, but people are afraid of what they don't understand, so expect it...If you walk down a bad section in a big city where you have no business being, are you gonna bitch when you get mugged? And post a blog about it on the internet?
Dude.........seriously.........why are you here? Go to a CC forum if you have nothing to contribute. :?

glock10mm

imported post

SP101 wrote:
glock10mm wrote:
lockman wrote:

Dude.........seriously.........why are you here? Go to a CC forum if you have nothing to contribute. :?
waaaaaaahhhh!!! I thought we are afforded the right to free speech...Or does it only apply when if benefits you...lol.:celebrate

suntzu

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
utbagpiper wrote:
glock10mm wrote:

Why would anyone join and contribute to a comment board that is dedicated to OC if he is so opposed to people being able to go about their legal business in peace?

If YOU were to get harassed just for walking down the street with a tattoo visible, or drinking a soda, or holding hands with someone of a different race, or doing ANYTHING else that is perfectly legal would you tolerate it?

Now, frankly, I think the proper thing to do when confronted by a security guard on private property at 0100 is to explain your presence and conduct. I happen to think there are FAR better times to show up unannounced to do inspections.

But that is besides the point and if the guard made any false statements to the police, he ought to be held to account legally. If he did not make any false statements, but the police assumed that OC was equal to brandishing then they need to be held to account, legally.

But a man legally OCing should not expect to have to tolerate any more BS from society or cops or anyone else than should a man legally holding hands with his girlfriend or wife of a different race, or even a couple of homosexuals holding hands. Don't like it, don't look. But don't arrest for it.

Charles
so what your saying is if I were to walk down the street in full KKK uniform, which is my right to do so, I shouldn't expect to get harassed? LOL, dude your a @#$%in' idiot. It's your right to Oc, no @#$%, we all get that...But I'm sick of all the @#$%ing threads in here about you all bitching while, getting kicked out of here or there or being stopped here or there, I can pull up about 8 threads right now...You openly carry, whether it's legal or not, your GONNA GET HARASSED. WHY? CUZ YOUR @#$%ING CARRYING A GUN FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE...AND GUNS SCARE PEOPLE, EDUCATED OR UNEDUCATED ABOUT THE LAWS...CARRY OPEN, IT IS YOUR RIGHT, JUST STOP WHINING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL WHEN YOU GET HARASSED....JESUS...
fear of guns is IRRATIONAL. To cower in fear at the sight of a gun is just crazy--you respect them, you treat them as if they are loaded at all times, but you should not cower at sight of one. if you are sick of the threads where people are talking about their rights being violated--then WHY are you here? Are you here only to try and look down your nose at people who choose to OC their firearms? Harassment is simply wrong and we should not have to tolerate it....why should we stand idly by while our rights are violated at every whim of a government that sees the Constitution as something to be got around at their leisure? IF this government or its agents do not want us to file lawsuits against them-then the formula is simple DON'T violate our rights, because if THEY respect our rights--we have no reason to file a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C 1983 and we would have no cause to try and have them arrested and charged with a crime either...Respect our rights and we will respect them, mistreat us, or try and deprive us of our rights or liberties then they should be prepared for a lawsuit and for charges to be filed against them. This is why you should ALWAYS get everything on audio/video when possible so you can use it as evidence against them.

The people are afraid of guns because of all of the anti-gun sentiment put forth by this government, and by the liberals not unlike yourself who think that people who carry a gun pose a threat to society...I would MUCH rather be around a citizen carrying a gun than I would an agent of this government...I feel MUCH safer around a citizen with a gun than I do around an agent of this government.

Now let's address "fear"--contrary to what you may have heard-the people of this country do NOT have a right to be afraid. They have a RIGHT to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, they have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, they have the RIGHT to not be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law, they have the RIGHT to not be subjected to cruel or inhumane punishments, and they have many other such RIGHTS, but no where in the Constitution will you find that the people of this country have any "right" to be afraid....if they live in fear--they do so because that is their choice, but they certainly don't have any right to be afraid--and certainly to not be afraid of other citizens who are exercising our own Constitutionally protected rights...which rights also pertain to YOU....but obvioulsy you don't care about those pesky rights do you?

what is an INALIENABLE RIGHT if you are a gun owner? Taken further--what is an inalienable right if you are afraid to exercise it because agents of the government may/may not agree with you and may then choose to HARASS you, unlawfully detain you, violate numerous Constitutionally protected rights, and then even lie to cover up their mistreatment of you? Where do we live-Communist China? Will we hear next "no comrade, your papers are not in order...."

xmirage2kx

imported post

suntzu wrote:
fear of guns is IRRATIONAL. To cower in fear at the sight of a gun is just crazy--you respect them, you treat them as if they are loaded at all times, but you should not cower at sight of one. if you are sick of the threads where people are talking about their rights being violated--then WHY are you here? Are you here only to try and look down your nose at people who choose to OC their firearms? Harassment is simply wrong and we should not have to tolerate it....why should we stand idly by while our rights are violated at every whim of a government that sees the Constitution as something to be got around at their leisure? IF this government or its agents do not want us to file lawsuits against them-then the formula is simple DON'T violate our rights, because if THEY respect our rights--we have no reason to file a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C 1983 and we would have no cause to try and have them arrested and charged with a crime either...Respect our rights and we will respect them, mistreat us, or try and deprive us of our rights or liberties then they should be prepared for a lawsuit and for charges to be filed against them. This is why you should ALWAYS get everything on audio/video when possible so you can use it as evidence against them.

The people are afraid of guns because of all of the anti-gun sentiment put forth by this government, and by the liberals not unlike yourself who think that people who carry a gun pose a threat to society...I would MUCH rather be around a citizen carrying a gun than I would an agent of this government...I feel MUCH safer around a citizen with a gun than I do around an agent of this government.

Now let's address "fear"--contrary to what you may have heard-the people of this country do NOT have a right to be afraid. They have a RIGHT to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, they have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, they have the RIGHT to not be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law, they have the RIGHT to not be subjected to cruel or inhumane punishments, and they have many other such RIGHTS, but no where in the Constitution will you find that the people of this country have any "right" to be afraid....if they live in fear--they do so because that is their choice, but they certainly don't have any right to be afraid--and certainly to not be afraid of other citizens who are exercising our own Constitutionally protected rights...which rights also pertain to YOU....but obvioulsy you don't care about those pesky rights do you?

what is an INALIENABLE RIGHT if you are a gun owner? Taken further--what is an inalienable right if you are afraid to exercise it because agents of the government may/may not agree with you and may then choose to HARASS you, unlawfully detain you, violate numerous Constitutionally protected rights, and then even lie to cover up their mistreatment of you? Where do we live-Communist China? Will we hear next "no comrade, your papers are not in order...."
:celebrate:monkey

CCarry

imported post

Here is my .02 on the issue. If it happened as gunsfreak says he was 100% legal. That being said was it the best idea to walk around an apt complex at 1:00 am unannounced to put a bid together for security, absolutely not!! With all of the recent home invasions, murders, etc. I believe any security guard doing his job would have notified LEO about a suspicious person walking around the complexwith a gun. Also, I believe if the security guard had actually told the police that you threatened him with a gun no matter what you said you would of had a free ride to county.

IMO - the responding LEO had the right to felony stop you based on the circumstances.

glock10mm

imported post

blah blah blah...thats all I hear from you people. Open carry, I don't care. It is your right. Is it right to get harrased? No, I never said it was. Open your ******* eyes and read. People ARE afraid of guns. Especially now a days. Especially when you open carry it. Be prepared for harassment. You all can't be that ******* stupid to not understand that? And if you are, maybe you shouldn't carry at all, right or not. You are afforded the right to bear arms without harassment, yes. I agree. And maybe if you all just continue to bitch on here and not take actions and just yell at me for stating a truth, maybe the powers that be will completely take away your right to OC then you'll have a real reason to bitch...This is like talking to a 2 year old about quantum physics...You guys are all talking in circles saying I don't care about your rights, I shouldn't be on here, this is a private forum...If it's so private and I can't say what I want, why am I still here? Why are my threads still up? You ******* douche bags, get me kicked off, report me like a little middle school kid to the teacher, or ******* open your eyes and realize just because something is your right, doesn't mean you won't be harassed....Jesus! Morons...

wrightme

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
blah blah blah...thats all I hear from you people. Open carry, I don't care. It is your right. Is it right to get harrased? No, I never said it was. Open your @#$%ing eyes and read. People ARE afraid of guns. Especially now a days. Especially when you open carry it. Be prepared for harassment. You all can't be that @#$%ing stupid to not understand that? And if you are, maybe you shouldn't carry at all, right or not. You are afforded the right to bear arms without harassment, yes. I agree. And maybe if you all just continue to bitch on here and not take actions and just yell at me for stating a truth, maybe the powers that be will completely take away your right to OC then you'll have a real reason to bitch...This is like talking to a 2 year old about quantum physics...You guys are all talking in circles saying I don't care about your rights, I shouldn't be on here, this is a private forum...If it's so private and I can't say what I want, why am I still here? Why are my threads still up? You @#$%ing douche bags, get me kicked off, report me like a little middle school kid to the teacher, or @#$%ing open your eyes and realize just because something is your right, doesn't mean you won't be harassed....Jesus! Morons...
You claim that others are acting like middle school children, then you post this?
And your argument is if people OC, get harassed, and complain, the Right might get taken away? :shock:
You are missing the FACT that a great number of persons on here who get harassed and post on here do do something about it other than post on here. Calling this thread one about "complaining" sure missed the point of the OP. If you wish others here to even accept that you have a point other than we are all a bunch of morons, you really should change the tone of your posts. That is exactly the message your tone conveys.
OC is not grounds for harassment by the police. Do you feel that it is?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm a little suspicious.

The charges were dropped the next day? Why?

A witness (security guard) who wouldn't testify? A witness who knew there was a security tape that showed the allegations didn't occur?

Police lied or exaggerated to the OCer what they were told by the complaintant? Or, policeover-reacted to the guard's complaint, then, after thecitation got the full story and realized they couldn't prosecute?

If your state has a FOIA/Sunshine Law/Open Government law, request copies of the 911 call recording, radio traffic, in-car text messages, dispatch log, and any and all police reports connected to the incident.Including any e-mails telling the officerwho called you that charges were being dropped.

You want to find out what the police knew and when they knew it. Once you have that information, you can have a better idea how to proceed.

I'm not sure how you would go about it, but maybe an attorney can get security camera tapes if they exist.

Edited to Add: This quote from the OP, which I overlooked earlier, is interesting:

Also TVPD needs to be briefed on Open Carry laws he did not know it was legal.

It makes me more suspicious that maybe the police over-reactedor gave an exaggerated account of what the security guard reported.

Darylvb

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
blah blah blah...thats all I hear from you people. Open carry, I don't care. It is your right. Is it right to get harrased? No, I never said it was. Open your @#$%ing eyes and read. People ARE afraid of guns. Especially now a days. Especially when you open carry it. Be prepared for harassment. You all can't be that @#$%ing stupid to not understand that? And if you are, maybe you shouldn't carry at all, right or not. You are afforded the right to bear arms without harassment, yes. I agree. And maybe if you all just continue to bitch on here and not take actions and just yell at me for stating a truth, maybe the powers that be will completely take away your right to OC then you'll have a real reason to bitch...This is like talking to a 2 year old about quantum physics...You guys are all talking in circles saying I don't care about your rights, I shouldn't be on here, this is a private forum...If it's so private and I can't say what I want, why am I still here? Why are my threads still up? You @#$%ing douche bags, get me kicked off, report me like a little middle school kid to the teacher, or @#$%ing open your eyes and realize just because something is your right, doesn't mean you won't be harassed....Jesus! Morons...
Potty mouth.

glock10mm

imported post

wrightme wrote:

You claim that others are acting like middle school children, then you post this?
And your argument is if people OC, get harassed, and complain, the Right might get taken away? :shock:
You are missing the FACT that a great number of persons on here who get harassed and post on here do do something about it other than post on here. Calling this thread one about "complaining" sure missed the point of the OP. If you wish others here to even accept that you have a point other than we are all a bunch of morons, you really should change the tone of your posts. That is exactly the message your tone conveys.
OC is not grounds for harassment by the police. Do you feel that it is?
if you all are really getting harassed and having your rights violated, where are the lawsuits?...exactly. thanks.

wrightme

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
if you all are really getting harassed and having your rights violated, where are the lawsuits?...exactly. thanks.
Where do you expect them to be? Many of them are mentioned in threads on this very website. Maybe you haven't perused enough yet.

Any supposition you make concerning some number count is irrelevant. Also, your argument in this quoted post is a non-starter, and really deserves no response, as it shows no content.

Do you have any intent here other than to attempt to get others reading your posts upset? Do you actually have anything constructive to add beyond petty badmouthing and insulting speech?

Now back to the discussion:

"OC is not grounds for harassment by the police. Do you feel that it is?"

scorpioajr

imported post

glock10mm wrote:
Now, now -

you said yourself in an earlier post that just because charges weren't filed doesn't mean a crime hasn't taken place. Perhaps the time, energy and money it would take to "take-on" a local authority is intimidating? Perhaps it has been tried and silence so often that we know the only avenue is to express ourselves to others that feel the same way.

In either event, I think what GLOCK10MM is trying to convey, unsuccessfully, is that OC is fine, but expect cops to detain you for carrying, its their job to assess threats etc etc. Is that how it is. Period. It sucks, but its true.

glock10mm

imported post

Most of you on here are so closed minded to the fact that your creating your own problems...right or wrong. But I digress, I'm outta here...Protected by 9mm good luck with your fight....

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
In either event, I think what GLOCK10MM is trying to convey, unsuccessfully, is that OC is fine, but expect cops to detain you for carrying, its their job to assess threats etc etc. Is that how it is. Period. It sucks, but its true.
Everyone that I have met acknowledges that. Perhaps that is why many of us carry audio/video recorders?

That mindset has nothing to do with posting incidents on OCDO which was GLOCK10MM initial grief.