Thread: So Here's one...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So I had my first OC Interaction with the police tonight. (see here)

I'm wondering... Will things like this affect my chances of getting my CPL? I know I'm not breaking the law, but does the gun board have any discretion, or will they even see this?

I'm a bit worried. Should I just hold of on OCing until my CPL app goes through?

Post imported post

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are polite... this does not mean that you agree with anything they ask you to do, just be polite when you deal with them. Had a good friend who always said "Argue in court, not on the street"

The interaction of the incident seems polite enough, so I don't see any problem.

BTW PM sent
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Since we live in a "Shall Issue" state, they need proof of laws being broken to deny your application. If you handle other encounters as smooth and calm as this one, you have nothing to worry about.

Great job.

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
    Since we live in a "Shall Issue" state, they need proof of laws being broken to deny your application. If you handle other encounters as smooth and calm as this one, you have nothing to worry about.

Great job.
    +1
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

You can only hope they try to deny you a CPL based on that, or any other non law violation. That's what you call lawsuit fodder.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
    Since we live in a "Shall Issue" state, they need proof of laws being broken to deny your application. ...

Great job.
    Exactly.

See the rules in your application packet. There is a list of specific conditions that bar the approval of your license. Given that none of these conditions are present, see above.

By the way, if you OR ANYONE ELSE APPLYING has one of the black marks described, do not waste your time. See a lawyer first and try to have the conviction set-aside!
    United we STAND!