• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not local maybe off topic

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The dude takes two things he obviously dislikes guns and and confederate flagand tries to lump them together as something bad......insinuating that they are both something to be detested....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The dude takes two things he obviously dislikes guns and and confederate flagand tries to lump them together as something bad......insinuating that they are both something to be detested....
Got that and of course it is nothing new but where is the OP? I only see the title to the thread. Deleted?

Yata hey

hunter45

imported post

I'm getting the F-150 Harley Davidson truck in a few weeks. I'm definitely going to put a gun rack in it, and I will probably have a confederate flag decal on the back. Maybe I'll drape my rebel flag over the back seat or something. And, yes, I am from Fairfax County. :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I'm getting the F-150 Harley Davidson truck in a few weeks. I'm definitely going to put a gun rack in it, and I will probably have a confederate flag decal on the back. Maybe I'll drape my rebel flag over the back seat or something. And, yes, I am from Fairfax County. :)
And I bet you are a racist........ignorant red neck.......clinging to guns and your God.........(dripping with sarcasm).....I'm jealous I want that truck....

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Got that and of course it is nothing new but where is the OP? I only see the title to the thread. Deleted?

Yata hey
I'm not sure what happened I pasted there......I'll try to fix it

sudden valley gunner

imported post

LOL.....I fixed it....this Yankee....doesn't agree with all the yankee propaganda...and that dead cat hurt...next hit me with one that doesn't have rigamortis.

hunter45

imported post

He says the confederate flag is "a little scary." How the hell is the confederate flag scary!?! I get really pissed off when people say the flag is racist and has to do with slavery. The flag had NOTHING to do with slavery at all. It was about heritage and southern pride. The southern states seceded because of UNFAIR TAXES, NOT SLAVERY! 75% or more of the people living in the south didn't even own slaves for goodness sakes!!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

And people omit the fact that Many free people of "color" volunteered and fought under and proudly carried the confederate flag. The former president of the NAACP still does that now wearing a confederate uniform. But this goes to show ignorance of people, they do the same thing with a symbol of southern pride, that they do with guns. Guns become a symbol of violence so they demonize them not the violent people who use them wrongly and unlawfully.

essayons

imported post

<----- Not to mention that this is NOT the confederate flag. It is the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.

This was/is the Confederate Flag for most of the war.

SBVicks.gif

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OK sudden valley gunner - got the link now and it makes better sense.

I like essayons' avatar better for a battle flag. Good symbolism.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP Jeez you can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a Yankee.

[align=center]LOCAL MANRECOMMENDS ABUSINGPETS[/align]
Dissassociated Press

The Daughters of the ConfederacyCat Club arehaving a furball over a local man's advocacy of swinging dead cats at Yankees.

"That's outrageous! Why the very thought of mistreating yourcat that way! After all the warm and loving companionshipits given you?! The very idea of sullying your dear departedby swinging it at a despicable Yankee!" said Mrs.EmogeneForrest Jackson-Lee, president of the club. Club members consider that catsembody theindependent-mindednessofthe former Confederacy.

Mr.Beauregard, local retired moonshiner, responded, "Cats d'serve better. Why, ah wouldn't treat enny a mah cats that way. They do...ahem...did such a good job keepin' rats an' mice away from the corn. Although, I got a wuthless cousin over in Wes' Virginia might prove useful for such."

Localanimal rights militants refused comment but asked our reporter how to obtain detonators.

:)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well that thread is just more bashing of southerners by Northerners. That guy does not have a clue what the Confederate flag even looks like. Very few Northerners do. I can see that a few of my southern brethren have posted above trying to educate those of less fortunate birthright, in what the difference is among our flags.

The fact is that many northerners are very jealous of southerners because we in the south HAVE a heritage. Maybe someone will explain what heritage the north has? I am at a lose in that area. Most southern heritage is based on knowing who your father is, and a lot of northerners are not able to start from the position (the OP is excused from this deficiency).:lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP Jeez you can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a Yankee.

[align=center]LOCAL MANRECOMMENDS ABUSINGPETS[/align]
Dissassociated Press

The Daughters of the ConfederacyCat Club arehaving a furball over a local man's advocacy of swinging dead cats at Yankees.

"That's outrageous! Why the very thought of mistreating yourcat that way! After all the warm and loving companionshipits given you?! The very idea of sullying your dear departedby swinging it at a despicable Yankee!" said Mrs.EmogeneForrest Jackson-Lee, president of the club. Club members consider that catsembody theindependent-mindednessofthe former Confederacy.

Mr.Beauregard, local retired moonshiner, responded, "Cats d'serve better. Why, ah wouldn't treat enny a mah cats that way. They do...ahem...did such a good job keepin' rats an' mice away from the corn. Although, I got a wuthless cousin over in Wes' Virginia might prove useful for such."

Localanimal rights militants refused comment but asked our reporter how to obtain detonators.

:)

Well, the cat has been dead for some time. I did not do it in myself, I found it in the road under my car. It had apparently managed to anger my SUV and we all know how dangerous SUVs can be.

It was carefully mounted lying on its back with all four feet sticking straight up. We have been using it as a napkin holder for some time now. As the OP points out it is quite stiff. If I had ANY idea that the cat would cause such a fuss, I would have left it in the road, or brought it down to play in the river with the other cats.:what:

savery

imported post

Factoid for all the South haters...

Everyone associates the battle flag with "racism."

But I bet nobody that spews hate for the Confederate flag even realizes that two state flags - Virginia and South Carolina - are the oldest state flags, both adopted in...

1861... when they seceded from the union.

So technically, the flags of South Carolina and Virginia are just as "guilty" as the battle flag.

Who's the ignorant party here? The Southerners or the South Haters?

:celebrate

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Most southern heritage is based on knowing who your father is, and a lot of northerners are not able to start from the position (the OP is excused from this deficiency).:lol:
ROFLMAO!!!! Speaking as someone who's family had been in VA at least 7 generations before fighting in the Revolutionary War I certainly relate to the idea of southern heritage and knowing who your father (and forefathers) are.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ROFLMAO!!!! Speaking as someone who's family had been in VA at least 7 generations before fighting in the Revolutionary War I certainly relate to the idea of southern heritage and knowing who your father (and forefathers) are.
That would make you a Native American would it not? Unless you forefathers landed at Jamestown (1607) or there about. Revolutionary War started 1775. With an average generation of 24 years that is exactly 7 generations - wow.

That would seem to make your great x5 grandfather a true founding father. :D

Yata hey