Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some pictures for my fellow OpenCarry.org members

Post imported post

Some pics for all of you that I took with my Nikon D90 yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

And the grand finale, me practicing my "serious face"....

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

He's almost pretty enough to ...

I'd rather see pictures of your MB 190 -- but that's almost as OT as pictures of

The magazine will drop faster and you will recover the sight picture faster if the pistol is kept pointed down range and at eye level.

The left thumb changes from the first image to the last.

Ditch the Foster-Grants. Your pupil will be smaller, giving you a greater depth of field. They won't be available when you fight as you train.

Ditch the muffs lest you flinch without them. Fight as you train.

Relax your face. Tension anywhere is distracting and tiring.

Your right foot may be too far forward for a Weaver Stance. As you draw, take a half step forward with your left foot/weak side.

Post imported post

Yes sir. As requested, pics of my MB190 :-)

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Ditch the Foster-Grants. Your pupil will be smaller, giving you a greater depth of field. They won't be available when you fight as you train.

Eye protection is important, you won't get much depth perception if you lose an eye in practice.

Why wouldrolex not be wearing sun glasses in bright sunlight any other time? Ifrolex normally wears sunglasses in bright light then he should have them on when trouble arises.

Ditch the muffs lest you flinch without them. Fight as you train.
    Yeah, deafness is definitely the preferred way to go.:shock:

Realistic training only goes so far until it becomes stupid training. No center fire handgun should be fired without taking measures to protect yourself from the noise. Suggesting that someone fire a gun in practicewithout hearing protection makes as much sense as having someone stand next to a target (within 2 feet)while it is beingfired at so that they can become familiar with what it is like to have bullets passing close by (yes, this was done in a "tactical training" class).

What next, use loaded weapons duringweapons retentiontraining?:what:

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

K&N filters and MAFs aren't always compatible. It is recommended that TDIs that use a MAF not use a K&N.

Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Banned

Post imported post

That car is clean as @#$%. I hope you don't daily it. How many miles?

The guys on the Benz boards would bust a nut if you posted those pictures.

Post imported post

Thanks Gordie! I completely agree with you. I was just waiting for someone else to say it. You spoke my mind

I always wear sunglasses when it's bright outside. I also always wear eye protection when I'm shooting as well as ear protection. I wouldn't want anything happening to any of my senses if something wrong happened during practice. I know people who have lost a majority of their hearing because they haven't worn ear protection while shooting. People loose their sight as well from unanticipated ricoches (sp?) and fragments. I like to always practice safety precautions while I'm doing something that has the potential to cause harm or injury (aka shooting). It greatly reduces the risks if you always practice proper safety.

I wasn't about to tell that to some one who nearly has 5,000 posts on a firearm forum... I would only assume that he already knew it.

Thanks Gordie for backing me up. I don't mind constructive critisism as long as it's sensable critisism.

Post imported post

Thanks AWDstyles! I'm not sure of the actual milage because after the engine/tranny transplant the odometer started turning 15x's faster. I put the m104 engine from an e320 in it, so it's pretty fast. I don't daily it. I daily my Range Rover. The engine had about 30k miles on it when I put it in. The chassis has about 120k total miles, but everything is pretty mug all new/upraded anyways (electronics, suspension, mechanics, etc).

As for you Doug... I don't even have a K&N Or MAF filter. Besides, my Mercedes isn't even a diesel. Just cause you see a box benz doesn't mean its automatically a diesel. It's a 3.2-24v gas (ethanol) engine.
    Last edited by rolexbenz190e; 04-04-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
    Every successive post you make gets more and more out there. You're telling him to not wear ear protection because safety is a tyrant's tool? I hope you clean your gun loaded and look down the barrel with your finger on the trigger. Common sense and safety say not to, but those are tyrant's tools and part of the "conspiracy of ignorance".

Banned

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    K&N filters and MAFs aren't always compatible. It is recommended that TDIs that use a MAF not use a K&N.

Oh and as for "K&N" and MAF's. K&N is a brand, not a filter style. Whoever you heard that from was anidiot anyway (or you are if you just made it up). The issue is with removing the stock airbox and piping, not the type or brand of filter. If the MAF is located close to the throttle (which is ISN'T on his car anyway), there can be issues with intake pulses/reversionscrewing with the signal at lower RPM. These issues are rare-to-non-existent on most cars and are usually a result of aftermarket intake pipesmoving the MAF too close to the throttle body, NOTbecause of some particular brand or style of filter.

Post imported post

By the way, NICE CAR! I especially like the trunk accessories.

Post imported post

Nice pictures, which lens are you using?

Personally, I've a D700 with several lenses.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Banned

Post imported post

i put a "k&n" on mah hemi and it mezzed up all my signals.

but the extra 80hp and 150tq was worth it

Banned

Post imported post

User rolexbenz190 not found!

can't find your sweet videos

Post imported post

AWDstylez: Holy crap those are funny images you posted! Did you make them? If you did, you are a genius! If you didnt, you are still a genius for finding them lol.

Gordie: I bought the trunk accessories for you and made that styrofoam cutout so it would so you would like it even more

Insane.kangaroo: I'm using a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor VR 55-105mm lens. Wow, D700? Can we say high roller? hehe. I bet that takes awesome pics! Dont hesitate to post some :-)

Sherrif: Haha, no the handcuffs arent for the girlfriend..... not at that particular time at least U was just trying to find stuff to fill the empty spots, so I put handcuffs there, a pager, handcuff keys, extra mags, etc.

PaulBlart: Sorry, I forgot to add in a letter... its supposed to be "rolexbenz190e" with the "e" at the end. thats my user name. so just do a search for that on youtube and you will find all my videos :-) Let me know what you think!

Banned

Post imported post

pretty cool car. looks like you need to find some people to race that can break out of the 15s

i'd take you on my segway after i get turbo nos and body kit for downforce

:celebrate

Post imported post

I'm afraid of the segway man.... :shock: lol your funny Paul... you did a great job in the movie by the way, I just saw it yesterday
    Last edited by rolexbenz190e; 04-04-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Post imported post

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:

Oh and as for "K&N" and MAF's. K&N is a brand, not a filter style. Whoever you heard that from was anidiot anyway (or you are if you just made it up). The issue is with removing the stock airbox and piping, not the type or brand of filter. If the MAF is located close to the throttle (which is ISN'T on his car anyway), there can be issues with intake pulses/reversionscrewing with the signal at lower RPM. These issues are rare-to-non-existent on most cars and are usually a result of aftermarket intake pipesmoving the MAF too close to the throttle body, NOTbecause of some particular brand or style of filter.
    Well actually, and it pains me greatly to say this, Doug is correct in his general assertion, which would leave you as the idiot who made up something to say.

Although you are correct in that K&N is a brand and not a style of filter, after that you display nothing more than your vast internet automotive expertise, which is to say none at all. Intake flow reversion is not a problem with any MAF on a stock or near stock engine. Not until you start running huge duration numbers, extremely tight LSA's or a combination of the two. Even then, the MAF isn't the problem, the problem is the the ECU/ECM/PCM being confused by unexpected inputs. But I digress.

No Skippy, what Doug is talking about is how reusable/cleanable/oiled cotton gauze filters are notorious (some brands more than others) for contaminating the hot wire in the MAF, causing drivability issues and DTCs to mysteriously appear. That is why they're not recommended by several OE's and are covered in a lot of TSB's from most manufacturers. Anyone with the slightest hands on experience knows that. Leave the technical stuff to those who know. You can busy yourself with "stylez".

Have a nice day.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Banned

Post imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
    That WRX i raced in one of the videos put down a 14.2 the weekend before I raced him :-) I'm afraid of the segway man.... :shock: lol your funny Paul... you did a great job in the movie by the way, I just saw it yesterday
    yea 14.2 sucks though

Banned

Post imported post

we should start a car thread

Post imported post

Go start a car thread and I'll post there too

Banned

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    Intake flow reversion is not a problem with any MAF on a stock or near stock engine. Not until you start running huge duration numbers, extremely tight LSA's or a combination of the two. Even then, the MAF isn't the problem, the problem is the the ECU/ECM/PCM being confused by unexpected inputs. But I digress.

No Skippy, what Doug is talking about is how reusable/cleanable/oiled cotton gauze filters are notorious (some brands more than others) for contaminating the hot wire in the MAF, causing drivability issues and DTCs to mysteriously appear. That is why they're not recommended by several OE's and are covered in a lot of TSB's from most manufacturers. Anyone with the slightest hands on experience knows that. Leave the technical stuff to those who know. You can busy yourself with "stylez".

Have a nice day.
    O rly?

Intake flow reversion, which is exactly what intake pulse harmonics cause, IS an issue when a MAF is located too closely to the throttle body. Stock cams or not, intake pulses are a fact of automotive life. How do you think intake manifolds are pulse tuned if there are no pulses with stock cams? Maybe take the time to look at the MAF reading on a car with the MAF too close to the TB, then come back and talk with me.

What do you think causes those "unexpected inputs"? The MAF. Therefore, the MAF causes the problem. ECU's don't cause problems, they just react to the information given. Give it the wrong information, it won't have the correct response. That makes the MAF the problem. But that's just a sematics argument.

As far the oil on the MAF problem, that's you showing your internet-only knowledge. In the real world that only becomes an issue when people clean and re-oil (i.e. OVER oil) the filter.

I'm guessing you're probably a mechanic or something. You probably had massive amounts of"technical" training. Don't make me lol at you.

Banned

Post imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
    we should start a car thread

You just want to see him get owned. I'll tell you what. You start a car thread so I can make him look stupid on any subject he wants, but the one rule is NO import vs. dumbestic debates. I don't want to bring out your stupidity too. :P

Activist Member

Post imported post

Safety is only a tyrants tool when it is used to justify taking away your freedoms. When one makes a conscious decision on their own to be safe it is totally unrelated to tyranny.

In my opinion, not wearing hearing protection is stupid, unless you aspire to become deaf.Sure, you may be able to firemany shots beforeyou become deaf, but permanent hearing damage is gauranteed with every shot unlessyou are firing a supressed .22. Deafness is not good in a tactical situation. Further, if you tried to practice that way you probably wouldn't want to shoot as often because it wouldn't be much fun, and, I'd say you are more likely to develop a flinch by not wearing protection than you would by wearing it. People usuallycure the tendency to flinch with snap caps and .22s, not by shooting high impulse rounds without hearing protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast