• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some pictures for my fellow OpenCarry.org members

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Some pics for all of you that I took with my Nikon D90 yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

And the grand finale, me practicing my "serious face"....

DSC_0048.jpg

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

He's almost pretty enough to ...

I'd rather see pictures of your MB 190 -- but that's almost as OT as pictures of

The magazine will drop faster and you will recover the sight picture faster if the pistol is kept pointed down range and at eye level.

The left thumb changes from the first image to the last.

Ditch the Foster-Grants. Your pupil will be smaller, giving you a greater depth of field. They won't be available when you fight as you train.

Ditch the muffs lest you flinch without them. Fight as you train.

Relax your face. Tension anywhere is distracting and tiring.

Your right foot may be too far forward for a Weaver Stance. As you draw, take a half step forward with your left foot/weak side.

Gordie

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Ditch the Foster-Grants. Your pupil will be smaller, giving you a greater depth of field. They won't be available when you fight as you train.

Eye protection is important, you won't get much depth perception if you lose an eye in practice.:uhoh:

Why wouldrolex not be wearing sun glasses in bright sunlight any other time? Ifrolex normally wears sunglasses in bright light then he should have them on when trouble arises.

Ditch the muffs lest you flinch without them. Fight as you train.

Yeah, deafness is definitely the preferred way to go.:shock:

Realistic training only goes so far until it becomes stupid training. No center fire handgun should be fired without taking measures to protect yourself from the noise. Suggesting that someone fire a gun in practicewithout hearing protection makes as much sense as having someone stand next to a target (within 2 feet)while it is beingfired at so that they can become familiar with what it is like to have bullets passing close by (yes, this was done in a "tactical training" class).

What next, use loaded weapons duringweapons retentiontraining?:what:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

That car is clean as @#$%. I hope you don't daily it. How many miles?

The guys on the Benz boards would bust a nut if you posted those pictures.

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Thanks Gordie! I completely agree with you. I was just waiting for someone else to say it. You spoke my mind :)

I always wear sunglasses when it's bright outside. I also always wear eye protection when I'm shooting as well as ear protection. I wouldn't want anything happening to any of my senses if something wrong happened during practice. I know people who have lost a majority of their hearing because they haven't worn ear protection while shooting. People loose their sight as well from unanticipated ricoches (sp?) and fragments. I like to always practice safety precautions while I'm doing something that has the potential to cause harm or injury (aka shooting). It greatly reduces the risks if you always practice proper safety.

I wasn't about to tell that to some one who nearly has 5,000 posts on a firearm forum... I would only assume that he already knew it.

Thanks Gordie for backing me up. I don't mind constructive critisism as long as it's sensable critisism.

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Thanks AWDstyles! I'm not sure of the actual milage because after the engine/tranny transplant the odometer started turning 15x's faster. I put the m104 engine from an e320 in it, so it's pretty fast. I don't daily it. I daily my Range Rover. The engine had about 30k miles on it when I put it in. The chassis has about 120k total miles, but everything is pretty mug all new/upraded anyways (electronics, suspension, mechanics, etc).

As for you Doug... I don't even have a K&N Or MAF filter. Besides, my Mercedes isn't even a diesel. Just cause you see a box benz doesn't mean its automatically a diesel. It's a 3.2-24v gas (ethanol) engine.

Last edited:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool because no one can be against safety. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Every successive post you make gets more and more out there. You're telling him to not wear ear protection because safety is a tyrant's tool? I hope you clean your gun loaded and look down the barrel with your finger on the trigger. Common sense and safety say not to, but those are tyrant's tools and part of the "conspiracy of ignorance".

safety-who-needs-that.jpg

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
K&N filters and MAFs aren't always compatible. It is recommended that TDIs that use a MAF not use a K&N.

Oh and as for "K&N" and MAF's. K&N is a brand, not a filter style. Whoever you heard that from was anidiot anyway (or you are if you just made it up). The issue is with removing the stock airbox and piping, not the type or brand of filter. If the MAF is located close to the throttle (which is ISN'T on his car anyway), there can be issues with intake pulses/reversionscrewing with the signal at lower RPM. These issues are rare-to-non-existent on most cars and are usually a result of aftermarket intake pipesmoving the MAF too close to the throttle body, NOTbecause of some particular brand or style of filter.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

i put a "k&n" on mah hemi and it mezzed up all my signals.

but the extra 80hp and 150tq was worth it

rolexbenz190e

imported post

AWDstylez: Holy crap those are funny images you posted! Did you make them? If you did, you are a genius! If you didnt, you are still a genius for finding them lol.

Gordie: I bought the trunk accessories for you and made that styrofoam cutout so it would so you would like it even more :D

Insane.kangaroo: I'm using a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor VR 55-105mm lens. Wow, D700? Can we say high roller? hehe. I bet that takes awesome pics! Dont hesitate to post some :)

Sherrif: Haha, no the handcuffs arent for the girlfriend..... not at that particular time at least ;) U was just trying to find stuff to fill the empty spots, so I put handcuffs there, a pager, handcuff keys, extra mags, etc.

PaulBlart: Sorry, I forgot to add in a letter... its supposed to be "rolexbenz190e" with the "e" at the end. thats my user name. so just do a search for that on youtube and you will find all my videos :) Let me know what you think!

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

pretty cool car. looks like you need to find some people to race that can break out of the 15s

i'd take you on my segway after i get turbo nos and body kit for downforce

:celebrate

Sheriff

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
......"rolexbenz190e" with the "e" at the end. thats my user name. so just do a search for that on youtube and you will find all my videos :) Let me know what you think!

I think you're crazy for drag racing on a public highway.

It will catch up with you sooner or later. :banghead: