• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some pictures for my fellow OpenCarry.org members

hp-hobo

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
K&N filters and MAFs aren't always compatible. It is recommended that TDIs that use a MAF not use a K&N.

Oh and as for "K&N" and MAF's. K&N is a brand, not a filter style. Whoever you heard that from was anidiot anyway (or you are if you just made it up). The issue is with removing the stock airbox and piping, not the type or brand of filter. If the MAF is located close to the throttle (which is ISN'T on his car anyway), there can be issues with intake pulses/reversionscrewing with the signal at lower RPM. These issues are rare-to-non-existent on most cars and are usually a result of aftermarket intake pipesmoving the MAF too close to the throttle body, NOTbecause of some particular brand or style of filter.

Well actually, and it pains me greatly to say this, Doug is correct in his general assertion, which would leave you as the idiot who made up something to say.

Although you are correct in that K&N is a brand and not a style of filter, after that you display nothing more than your vast internet automotive expertise, which is to say none at all. Intake flow reversion is not a problem with any MAF on a stock or near stock engine. Not until you start running huge duration numbers, extremely tight LSA's or a combination of the two. Even then, the MAF isn't the problem, the problem is the the ECU/ECM/PCM being confused by unexpected inputs. But I digress.

No Skippy, what Doug is talking about is how reusable/cleanable/oiled cotton gauze filters are notorious (some brands more than others) for contaminating the hot wire in the MAF, causing drivability issues and DTCs to mysteriously appear. That is why they're not recommended by several OE's and are covered in a lot of TSB's from most manufacturers. Anyone with the slightest hands on experience knows that. Leave the technical stuff to those who know. You can busy yourself with "stylez".

Have a nice day.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
That WRX i raced in one of the videos put down a 14.2 the weekend before I raced him :) I'm afraid of the segway man.... :shock: lol your funny Paul... you did a great job in the movie by the way, I just saw it yesterday
yea 14.2 sucks though :(

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Intake flow reversion is not a problem with any MAF on a stock or near stock engine. Not until you start running huge duration numbers, extremely tight LSA's or a combination of the two. Even then, the MAF isn't the problem, the problem is the the ECU/ECM/PCM being confused by unexpected inputs. But I digress.

No Skippy, what Doug is talking about is how reusable/cleanable/oiled cotton gauze filters are notorious (some brands more than others) for contaminating the hot wire in the MAF, causing drivability issues and DTCs to mysteriously appear. That is why they're not recommended by several OE's and are covered in a lot of TSB's from most manufacturers. Anyone with the slightest hands on experience knows that. Leave the technical stuff to those who know. You can busy yourself with "stylez".

Have a nice day.

O rly?

Intake flow reversion, which is exactly what intake pulse harmonics cause, IS an issue when a MAF is located too closely to the throttle body. Stock cams or not, intake pulses are a fact of automotive life. How do you think intake manifolds are pulse tuned if there are no pulses with stock cams? Maybe take the time to look at the MAF reading on a car with the MAF too close to the TB, then come back and talk with me.

What do you think causes those "unexpected inputs"? The MAF. Therefore, the MAF causes the problem. ECU's don't cause problems, they just react to the information given. Give it the wrong information, it won't have the correct response. That makes the MAF the problem. But that's just a sematics argument.

As far the oil on the MAF problem, that's you showing your internet-only knowledge. In the real world that only becomes an issue when people clean and re-oil (i.e. OVER oil) the filter.

I'm guessing you're probably a mechanic or something. You probably had massive amounts of"technical" training. Don't make me lol at you.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
we should start a car thread

You just want to see him get owned. I'll tell you what. You start a car thread so I can make him look stupid on any subject he wants, but the one rule is NO import vs. dumbestic debates. I don't want to bring out your stupidity too. :p

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Safety is only a tyrants tool when it is used to justify taking away your freedoms. When one makes a conscious decision on their own to be safe it is totally unrelated to tyranny.

In my opinion, not wearing hearing protection is stupid, unless you aspire to become deaf.Sure, you may be able to firemany shots beforeyou become deaf, but permanent hearing damage is gauranteed with every shot unlessyou are firing a supressed .22. Deafness is not good in a tactical situation. Further, if you tried to practice that way you probably wouldn't want to shoot as often because it wouldn't be much fun, and, I'd say you are more likely to develop a flinch by not wearing protection than you would by wearing it. People usuallycure the tendency to flinch with snap caps and .22s, not by shooting high impulse rounds without hearing protection.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Sweet looking car. NICE!

What's with the arsenal in the trunk? Are you ready or what?;)

Clearly it's to protect the car. There's a lot of guido broskis out there that would love to steal that thing. :lol:

bordsnbikes

imported post

I'll go ahead and plus a zillion on the hearing protection.

I'm half deaf because of my time in Iraq. Too many rounds downrange without ear pro and too many things blowing up next to my head. In Iraq though it wasn't realistic to wear ear pro. Very different from the range, where I always wear it. I've fought the Army to give me money for my ears but they don't want to. I have a hard time hearing my fiance when she talks, and I like her voice so it hurts not to. I will have a very hard time with kids in the future and I don't think I'll ever hear my grandchildren. That hurts a lot too. If you train with out your muffs you'll just be deaf and at a serious disadvantage in a defensive situation and just life in general. So the moral of the story, from someone who knows, where your ear pro when your putting rounds down range, you'll be glad you did.

Cool car dude.

Edited to add, eye pro is probably a good idea too, I bet being blind isn't any more fun than being deaf. I would try bright sun with clear lenses though, just to change things up a bit and get practice with other conditions.

shad0wfax

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
Trunk1.jpg

Forget the car.

I like the iron in the trunk.

shad0wfax

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
It likes you too lol.... unfortunately I dont have the handcuffs anymore :( i lent them to a friend, but she moved and took them with her... And yes, that is what she used the cuffs for :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh I didn't mean the cuffs. I'm talking about the MP5 and the M203 attachment on the M4. Heck, the M4's fun too.

My state won't let me own those.

They're ok with collecting cans, but we have to go elsewhere to play with them.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
It likes you too lol.... unfortunately I dont have the handcuffs anymore :( i lent them to a friend, but she moved and took them with her... And yes, that is what she used the cuffs for :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PM me her number.

KansasMustang

imported post

Nice car, nice weapons, hope none are classIII ? or if they are that you have all the tax stamps and such,,,arrrgh damn laws anyhow. But Dude,,you showed your license plate,,Faux Pas. Anyhow nice goods.

Sheriff

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
I'm not worried about my license plate, the local police definatly know who I am and what i have :) though they found out because they raided my house :banghead: No charges were filed though, I seemed to have everything I needed.
I guess this involved a search warrant? What reason(s) was in the affadavit for the search warrant and what did the search warrant seek?

shad0wfax

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
rolexbenz190e wrote:
I'm not worried about my license plate, the local police definatly know who I am and what i have :) though they found out because they raided my house :banghead: No charges were filed though, I seemed to have everything I needed.
I guess this involved a search warrant? What reason(s) was in the affadavit for the search warrant and what did the search warrant seek?

Good question. As off-topic as it's getting, I'd love to hear the detailed answer to this, if it's something rolexbens190e is willing to share publicly.

As for showing your license plate and such, I'd be a bit afraid of doing that too, especially if I had Title II weapons and the appropriate tax-stamps for them. I'd hate to think some moronic net-ninja will think he's tacticool while I'm at work and mess up my doors/windows/gun-safe trying (unsuccessfully) to get to stuff. Even worse would be if he succeeded and actually stole some Title II weapons... Good luck explaining that to the authorities and good luck getting tax-stamps approved for replacements...

shad0wfax

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
......"rolexbenz190e" with the "e" at the end. thats my user name. so just do a search for that on youtube and you will find all my videos :) Let me know what you think!

So you beat up a mall-cop and then streaked naked through the mall for vengence. In another video you're waving your pistol around on new year's eve in PI. Smart.

EDIT: After watching all of your videos on youtube, I've come to the conclusion that daddy spends too much money on you. :banghead: