• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

response from state representative

kevinld

imported post

here is the only response ive received so far::

[size=Thank you for contacting me to express your support for "open carry" legislation in Texas which would remove the requirement for concealing holstered handguns. I appreciate the information you included.][/size]
[size=][/size]
[size=As a citizen and legislator, I have always been a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I have my concealed handgun license and am a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association(NRA) and Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA). My legislative voting record has earned me the consistent endorsement of these groups with an A rating. When it comes to the evaluation of specific bills, I tend to rely on these organizations to provide expert analysis as I weigh my decision.][/size]
[size=][/size]
[size=In response to your request, my staff and I will watch for this legislation and give it careful consideration. I value the input of constituents, so keep me informed if new information develops or you have additional comments. ][/size]
[size=][/size]
[size=Sincerely,][/size]
[size=][/size]
[size=Wayne Christian][/size]
[size=State Representative][/size]
[size=District 9][/size]

tju1973

imported post

Not an endorsment--

The TSRA is pretty much against (or doesn't support) OC-- The NRA is sort of the same--- Good though to write our reps and let them know how we feel--

Good work!!

:)