Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop on AR15.com lets you know he is the law!

Post imported post

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Vic Nitro by any other lusername stinks as sweetly.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

I agree there are many good, intelligent cops out there. The problem is that stupidity is contagious.

Post imported post

You know the score Dekker.....if you're not one of us - you're little people. - BladeRunner.

This philosophy is held by many police. They are a law unto themselves.

Banned

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    Thankfully, police officers like this are in a small minority.
    That's highly dependant on what area you're in.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:
    It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being. I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:
    It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being.* I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.
    Try being black in Oakland. :P

Post imported post

Can I get a little support from OCDO over there?

Post imported post

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    And there, my friends, is a LEO who is going to cost his employers, and hence the taxpayers, a large sum of money when someone sues the crap out of them for false arrest.

Oh, but it is, and he isn't the only one out there. Thankfully, police officers like this are in a small minority. I know too many good cops to think otherwise.

There are ******** in every profession. Here's a prime example. I hope he gets a chance to make that statement in a Federal Court someday. The Judge will not be amused.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Banned

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:
    It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being. I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.

Negative. When I deal with police I respond with as few words andin the most objective, non-expressive manner possible. I don't editorialize. I don't converse. I don't speak voluntarily. I respond, that's it.

Their attitudes are there already. If they werea result of the way I acted, I wouldn't be faulting them for it. I also wasn't speaking solely from my own experiences.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Someone over there claimed that they would not need their weapon as long as the LEO was there so they had no problem handing it over. You should post a link to the thread here about the LEO that was saved by a citizen.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

A friend of mine, regular church-goer (how I know him), is a member of an area police department. I had the chance to talk to him about being a police officer, and one question I asked regarded Texas open carry. He was more than a little uncomfortable with the idea. To clarify; he is a strong supporter of gun rights. He probably has the most inside information on the real stats of lawful gun owners using them to protect themselves, and he very strongly supports our CHL laws. Under LEOSA, he carries his backup G27 more often than not.

However, I mentioned open carry, and his very first thought was "if I see a person walking around carrying a gun in plain sight, I will want to stop and question him". He understands and said very quickly that this would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment rights of the person so stopped, and for that reason his opinion is that it is better not to have OC.

I explored that sentiment, and he further stated that the CHL holds licensees to the same standard of firearms handling skill that an officer is expected to show before graduating the academy and every 6 months thereafter (however a CHL only has to re-qualify once every four years). OC without that proof of competency, he felt, could lead to an increase in unintentional shootings.

This is all stuff I've heard before. I introduced the fact that more states do allow OC than prohibit it, and that the cops are (in gold star states) trained that a person carrying openly should not be questioned without reasonable suspicion that he has or is about to do something bad with that gun (a 911 MWAG call, unfortunately, must be followed up on). The justification is that a criminal does not wantthe publicto know he has a gun, and will therefore conceal it. A person carrying openly has nothing to hide, obviously. He was receptive to that argument, but still found fault with the lack of proof of training, to which I reiterated that concealed means concealed, and that applies to an unlawful carrier as well as a lawful one; the average joe on the street may be packing or not, and the ones packing may or may not have valid CHLs. There is simply no way to tell. He conceded that point as well.

The last point, which is totally true and thatwe OC supporters can only tackle head-on, is that a CHL holder carrying concealed appears normal. An OCer does not. To OC is to risk a disturbance of the peace every second of every day. That makes police officers' jobs very difficult; they will be called to many more "MWAG" situations, and given that guns are involved cannot do anything but act as if the situation is or could quickly turn violent. That's how it is. We all know that's not how it should be, but unfortunately a cop knows all too well that the world is not how it "should be". If a lawful gun owner carries openly and someone else is scared enough by the sight to call police, they HAVE to respond, they WILL detain and question you (a 911 MWAG call is reasonable suspicion just like a burglary call on a man breaking into his own house because he locked himself out), and it MAY result in a ride in the back of a squad car (I was in a car accident recently and spent some time keeping warm in just such a back seat; I'll tell you they are not comfortable). The only way past that is education; unfortunately there's a vicious cycle here of OC being illegal, so nobody sees an OCer without a badge, so most think it should be illegal.

Post imported post

Liko81 wrote:
    A friend of mine, ...SNIP...
    , so nobody sees an OCer without a badge, so most think it should be illegal.
    Not criticizing, but there is nothing new here. This is the same argument that most LE people make against OC. This is all about not letting people see guns. What has to happen is more people carrying in more places and expanding the normalcy of this form of carry, by having people see the guns.

Right now OCers are activists. The goal is to reach a time when they are just normal citizens going about every day life.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yeah, well, read "vicious cycle". In most states it is legal but that fact isnot widely known. An OCer is not committing a crime in those states, and so can very easily result in the education of officers and the general public simply by OCing. However, it's illegal in Texas to OC in public. That makes it very difficult to educate.

Post imported post

Check out the thread now. The cop backed up and said that he was kidding when he wrote those words. He then went on to claim that people on the forum "know" him and that I should ask their thoughts. And that relates on his being a power wielding ***** how

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...174&page=3

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Right now OCers are activists. The goal is to reach a time when they are just normal citizens going about every day life.

I have a dream that someday All children, little CC children and little OC children will walk together freely.

Post imported post

What do you expect? It's ar-15.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    have a foolproof verification process
    But for a useful fool.

Post imported post

he sure is a cocky son of a bitch isnt he

its unlikely he would claim to know alot of people on the board AND claim to be a LEO if he really wasnt

Post imported post

He is. He goes to the forum meetups at the outdoor range not far from Charlotte. Even though some of the guys know him, it doesn't mean they have had to be on the business end of one of his "feelings".

Post imported post

im not one for f***ing over LEOs since i work very close to them and have only had one negative argument with a cop, but i would be more then happy to get that guy thrown off the force if he ever conducted an unlawful arrest. hopefully karma will swing around and knock him off his high horse.

Banned

Post imported post

he is so brave, when i can get my hypoglycemic problems under control i'm going to apply where he is.

can someone please ask him if they have a reasonably priced candy machine in the station

Post imported post

Liko81 wrote:
    "he is a strong supporter of gun rights."
    "if I see a person walking around carrying a gun in plain sight, I will want to stop and question him". He understands and said very quickly that this would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment rights of the person so stopped"
    The second quote seems to contradict the first one.

I'm a big supporter of the 1st ammendment, as long as others don'tsay something stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast