• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop on AR15.com lets you know he is the law!

r6-rider

imported post

he sure is a cocky son of a bitch isnt he

its unlikely he would claim to know alot of people on the board AND claim to be a LEO if he really wasnt

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

He is. He goes to the forum meetups at the outdoor range not far from Charlotte. Even though some of the guys know him, it doesn't mean they have had to be on the business end of one of his "feelings".

r6-rider

imported post

im not one for f***ing over LEOs since i work very close to them and have only had one negative argument with a cop, but i would be more then happy to get that guy thrown off the force if he ever conducted an unlawful arrest. hopefully karma will swing around and knock him off his high horse.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

he is so brave, when i can get my hypoglycemic problems under control i'm going to apply where he is.

can someone please ask him if they have a reasonably priced candy machine in the station

buster81

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
"he is a strong supporter of gun rights."
"if I see a person walking around carrying a gun in plain sight, I will want to stop and question him". He understands and said very quickly that this would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment rights of the person so stopped"
The second quote seems to contradict the first one.

I'm a big supporter of the 1st ammendment, as long as others don'tsay something stupid.

sraacke

imported post

buster81 wrote:
Liko81 wrote:
"if I see a person walking around carrying a gun in plain sight, I will want to stop and question him". He understands and said very quickly that this would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment rights of the person so stopped"

I'm a big supporter of the 1st ammendment, as long as others don'tsay something stupid.
Comments like his bring back memories of when pagers and cellphones were first coming on the streets. Some cops saw citizens with pagers and thought that if they didn't look like doctors or lawers then they were probably drug dealers and the pager was enough probable cause to stop and search someone on the street. Now we have replaced pagers with holstered firearms and we have the same mentality to deal with. If we are carrying a gun and don't have a badge displayed then we must be up to no good. Well, that's a load... wait...my pager's going off....let's see...Oh...I have to return this call.....back later.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yale wrote:
buster81 wrote:
Liko81 wrote:

Comments like his bring back memories of when pagers and cellphones were first coming on the streets. Some cops saw citizens with pagers and thought that if they didn't look like doctors or lawers then they were probably drug dealers and the pager was enough probable cause to stop and search someone on the street. Now we have replaced pagers with holstered firearms and we have the same mentality to deal with. If we are carrying a gun and don't have a badge displayed then we must be up to no good. Well, that's a load... wait...my pager's going off....let's see...Oh...I have to return this call.....back later.
Oh, yale, then I am screwed! If you'll recall from our meet-up, I wear a pager, a cellphone AND a pistol.

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
Thankfully, police officers like this are in a small minority.
That's highly dependant on what area you're in.
It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being. I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.
when i approach a civilian... my training kicks in... i become a machine... i don't recognize attitudes... i recognize THE LAW. and the law says don't be suspicious.

funny the first thing we learned at I Take Child Molesters Off The Street Forensics Academy was to spell dependent.

DETECT DETER OBSERVE REPORT

ODA 226

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I've said it once, I will say it again. Just because a person enters a forum and says they are a cop.... doesn't mean they are one. On the Internet a person can be anything they choose to be.

Furthermore, when identification and verification is required to enter certain areas of "cop" forums, everybody has a friend who will join up and provide credentials for identification to the web site. It still doesn't mean the person who eventually uses the account is a real cop. (Tickles me to death that one cop forum claims to have a foolproof verification process :lol: )
On a Special Forces website that I and a few others here belong to, we DO have a 100% foolproof verification process.

Sheriff

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
On a Special Forces website that I and a few others here belong to, we DO have a 100% foolproof verification process.
So if one of these "others" you speak of let me use their sign in and password, it would still be foolproof? :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PaulBlart wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being. I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.
when i approach a civilian... my training kicks in... i become a machine... i don't recognize attitudes... i recognize THE LAW. and the law says don't be suspicious.

funny the first thing we learned at I Take Child Molesters Off The Street Forensics Academy was to spell dependent.

(Buzzer)

'tis unseemly for the satirist to stoop to mere arguing and sarcasm.

Suggested edit:

"The one place we LEOs seem to have trouble is spelling. I admit it. Its a wide-spread failing in the profession. I could only spell dependent correctly because I had to look it up. (It took a little longer than usual because I came across doughnut on the way--notice I spelled that one correctly, to. :))"

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
PaulBlart wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
It is more dependant on weather you take an attitude or just treat the guy like another human being.  I can guess that your encounters may not be very good.

(Buzzer)

Suggested edit:

"The one place we LEOs seem to have trouble is spelling.  I admit it.  Its a wide-spread failing in the profession.  I could only spell dependent correctly because I had to look it up.  (It took a little longer than usual because I came across doughnut on the way--notice I spelled that one correctly, to.  :))"
Citizen makes a very astute observation and suggestion here, Paul. :)

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

Yes I did have to look it up, in the dictionary... i would use the spell checker we have here at head quarters but it changes every underlined word to "STOP RESISTING, TAZE HIM".

not very practical for me at the moment considering these forums have logs, and another tazer related incident be a disaster. not so much for myself, but LE is so respected it would damage the community to hear it.

DocV

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
"What is the combination of the boathouse at Hereford?";)

40s-and-wfan

imported post

(Buzzer)

Suggested edit:

"The one place we LEOs seem to have trouble is spelling. I admit it. Its a wide-spread failing in the profession. I could only spell dependent correctly because I had to look it up. (It took a little longer than usual because I came across doughnut on the way--notice I spelled that one correctly, to. :))"
I want to know what dictionary displays the word 'doughnut' beforre 'dependent' or were you reading it backwards?