• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County Sheriff Department Training Bulletin

caluop

imported post

Anyone else detect an attitude with this bulletin or is it just me? Second paragraph says:

"It is believed that these individuals are attempting to provoke a law enforcement response in order to test whether responding officers will take inappropriate action in the face of ostensibly lawful exercise of the right to bear arms."

I suppose in their minds that there can't be a true intent to lawfully exercise of our 2nd amendment right and that if we dare to do this in their county, then we must be trying to taunt them.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caluop wrote:
Anyone else detect an attitude with this bulletin or is it just me? Second paragraph says:

"It is believed that these individuals are attempting to provoke a law enforcement response in order to test whether responding officers will take inappropriate action in the face of ostensibly lawful exercise of the right to bear arms."
This is just because all of these memos are modified copies of the original SPD memo that mistakenly guessed this was our intent.

I've included links to all the previous LEA OC memos on http://www.californiaopencarry.org/

caluop

imported post

I see now. Thanks for pointing that out. At least Lee Baca rewrote his training bulletin to take a more objective stance. Hutchens should take note from her former boss.

cato2

imported post

caluop wrote:
I see now. Thanks for pointing that out. At least Lee Baca rewrote his training bulletin to take a more objective stance. Hutchens should take note from her former boss.
How did you come to find the OC OC memo?

caluop

imported post

From a deputy who's a citizen before he's a cop. There aren't many, but they do exist.

cato

imported post

caluop wrote:
From a deputy who's a citizen before he's a cop. There aren't many, but they do exist.
Give him a heart felt thanks from a fellow Citizen Peace Officer! We need more Citizen Cops/Deputies! And buy that deputy a beer! (I'll pay you back later :lol:)