Thread: Solution for gun haters and gun control advocates

Post imported post

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

While your post is a nice little piece of tongue-in-cheek humor, here is something that might be interesting to consider under certain situations.

Say you have a neighbor who is vehemently opposed to private ownership of firearms.. but it doesn't stop there. At neighborhood get-togethers, he makes fun of you and your position and you know that he is actually quite serious because he has mentioned a number of times that he doesn't like the idea of you having so many guns right next door and has even contacted the HOA to see if something could be done about it.

If you have someone like that, put a sign in your own yard the points to his home, with his address, stating something to the effect that "To all burglars, robbers, and home invasion perps. The house next door has no firearms and the owner is strongly opposed to self-defense".

Wonder how he'd like that one?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    While your post is a nice little piece of tongue-in-cheek humor, here is something that might be interesting to consider under certain situations.

Say you have a neighbor who is vehemently opposed to private ownership of firearms.. but it doesn't stop there. At neighborhood get-togethers, he makes fun of you and your position and you know that he is actually quite serious because he has mentioned a number of times that he doesn't like the idea of you having so many guns right next door and has even contacted the HOA to see if something could be done about it.

If you have someone like that, put a sign in your own yard the points to his home, with his address, stating something to the effect that "To all burglars, robbers, and home invasion perps. The house next door has no firearms and the owner is strongly opposed to self-defense".

Wonder how he'd like that one?

Hmmmm, just wonder how the courts would see it if something did happen to him after you posted a sign like that? I can see any survivors filing a humongous lawsuit against you.

Other than that; I love it!!
    That may be possible though supposedly, truth is the perfect defense. I know of a case where some homeowners did a similar thing with a sign in a development to point out problems they were having with their builder. Sort of a buyer beware sign outlining numerous oversights and outright shoddy worksmanship. The builder got a court order forcing the sign to be removed from the front yard of the homeowner in question. The homeowner read the order carefully, then promptly put the sign in his back yard which faced the main entrance to the development. The order only addressed the front yard. The build crapped his pants but made the needed corrections.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

richlub wrote:
    SNIP ...the criminals eliminate the majority of the gun haters and gun control advocates...
    Is there a material difference between criminals and gun-haters and gun control advocates?

Its a crime against humanity to disarm a population.

Prior restraint works both ways, you know.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

How do you get sued?

Tell the bad guys that your neighbor is defenseless. When the bad guys goes there he finds out that your neighbor is not as anti firearm as he has told his liberal friends and the BG gets shot.

You get sued for send the BG to a house that was guarded by an armed owner, because based on your information he had a right to expect he would be safe breaking into your neighbors house.

Not that I don't like the idea. First ammendment and all. I used to give antis sign to hang on their front door that said "There are no guns in this house".

A few actually were dumb enough to hang the sign on their door.

But IANAL

"Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"