Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: open carry t shirt idea

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hello everyone,

I dont post here often (if ever, I can't remember) but I do lurk without postingkeeping up on WI current events...

I spend most of my free time over at http://www.ar15.com...

Last night I posted an idea thatmight be able to helpin an Open Carry march:

In my opinion,one of the largest probems with the organization of succesful open carry marches is that everyone feels comfortable carrying in a different situation, myself included.Some peope will only carry with a large group (100+) maybe a differentnumber will only participate with only a small group, maybe a few will not carry when the police have been notfied, ect... so it's practically impossible to keep an accurate number on who will do what when there is no baseline definition for an Open Carry march.

I figured the shirt would be a good thing in this situation, if someone didnt wish to carry a real firearm, and they still participated wearing the shirt, it would appear to the media and whoever else saw it that they were indeed carrying, which is the goal of the event.

I you had a significant number of people actually carrying, intermingled with people wearing the shirts (different firearms and or different holsters are a possability) the march could gain extra effect.

What i see being a big deterant ofmost people is the risk/reward ratio of the event, with shirts like this used in addition to a succesful march you will gain reward withot any added risk.

-Kyle

origional discussions at AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...1&t=341798

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...10&t=70249

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Nice shirts!! Iwant one!! We do need better organization, but yeah the points ya made are accurate,how canIget one of those shirts now lol

Centurion

Post imported post

LOVE the shirt! I'd buy a couple. March or no march, I think it would be a great daily wear!

Please keep us posted if it goes into production.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

There are many custom t-shirt shops. Search and find,
    http://www.customink.com/ with no minimums.

Post imported post

OUT STANDING!!!

Post imported post

Brilliant. Please do it I will definitely buy one.

Edit: Just an idea, you could also reference this website somewhere on the shirt if you wanted. People that wanted to find out more info would know where to go.

Post imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

wanted to bump this thread a bit..

i have emailed a t shirt printer with this shirt idea.. and wanted to see what kind of response i would get..

im not looking to make any money off of these shirts! its not my design or anything anyway..

now the questions is.. how many do you want? and what sizes?
    ill email the printer with the numbers and see what kind of deal we can get..
    all i ask is that you pay for the shirt.. nothing more.. and if anyone out there is good with photoshop and wants to make a different/better shirt.. PLEASE DO!
    i would like to get the website listed on there.. and also i think the gun may need to be changed/removed to get it to work for the printer. he said he usually deals with vector images (.psd for you guys in the know) ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME!

my hope is that even for those of you who dont carry for whatever reason can still get the word out with a t shirt. (and also look cool at the picnic )

Centurion

Post imported post

I'll take 5

Post imported post

I will take 4 Shirts 2XL long& tall ( i will pay the extra )

You might want to have these printed on either heavy cotton pre shrunk or 50/50 cotton, polyester..... the cheap shirts shrink
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i plan on using the 100% cotton t's for printing on them.. the cheap shirts tend to wear very quickly. so far its mostly men who are wanting the shirts... they do make different shirts for females if you are interested. also, all i asked about are white shirts if anyone wants a different color im sure that can be done..

im still waiting on hearing back about pricing and what kind of discount we can get for ordering bulk. and working with jacobsk on getting the design to the printer so he can get everything in order.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i recieved a reply from the printer!
    sorry its in caps.. i just cut and pasted:

PRINTING THE FLAG AND BACK OF THE SHIRT IS NOT A PROBLEM.THERE'S A $20 SCREEN CHARGE FOR EVERY COLOR. THEN I CHARGE BY HOW MANY SHIRTS I DO. THE MORE YOU GET THE LESS I CHARGE.THE PROBLEM I'M SEEING IS THE GUN. I ASSUMING YOU WANT THE GUN TO BE SEEN AT THE BELT LINE AS IF IT IS TUCKED IN.THE PROBLEM IS EVERY SHIRT SIZE IS A DIFFERENT PLACEMENT. DO YOU REALLY NEED A HOLSTER? I SEE THREE COLORS IN THE GUN SO AT LEAST 3 SCREENS.I WOULD PRINT A 1 COLOR GUN WITH HALFTONES SHOWING THE SHADING AND GRAY TONES. PRINT THE WHOLE GUN SO THERE'S ROOM FOR ERROR WITH THE PLACEMENT.IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN I THINK I'VE SEEN A VERSION OF THAT "GUN SHIRT" ON THE WEB SOMEPLACE.ALSO IF YOUR NOT GOING TO GET A BUNCH OF SHIRTS AT ONE TIME OR IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THE INTIAL SCREEN CHARGES YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET TRANSFERS DONE.THAT WAY YOU CAN DO ONE SHIRT AT A TIME AND YOU CAN PLACE THAT GUN EXACTLY WHERE YOU WANT IT. YOU DON'T WANT IT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIRT.

what do you guys think? we could do transfers and then you can get whatever t-shirt you want and put it on there.. problem is they dont last nearly as long as screen prints. as far as the holster i think we need to keep that on there..as most open carriers use a holster opposed to just sticking it in the waistband.

does anyone else have ideas for wordage on the back? we have the dole quote.. i really didnt see anything we can use from the van hollen memo other than "the state constitutional right to bear arms extends to openly carrying a handgun for lawful purposes" (paragraph 7)

and again sorry for the caps

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

taken from a different thread from max:

The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. Art. I, § 25 Wisconsin Constitution

so now i see 3 quotes on the back

any ideas for the front.. just the flag and opencarry.org ?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

OK got a price..

looks like it will be $12.50 per shirt IF we get 50 orders

add $3.00 for xxxl and $4 for xxxxl

this will have the gun on the side.. with holster.
    the flag on the front with opencarry.org in blue underneath
    on the back we have:

"If you want to carry a gun in wisconsin, ... wear it on your hip." - gov. Jim Doyle 3.10.2006

"the state constitutional right to bear arms extends to openly carrying a handgun for lawful purposes" Attorney General J.B Van Hollen 4.20.2009

"The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." Art. I, § 25 Wisconsin Constitution

i leave the bold in there also..

anyone else want in on this... so far i have 12 that want them..
    so we just need 38 more..

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

skamp wrote:
    OK got a price..

looks like it will be $12.50 per shirt IF we get 50 orders

add $3.00 for xxxl and $4 for xxxxl

this will have the gun on the side.. with holster.
    the flag on the front with opencarry.org in blue underneath
    on the back we have:

"If you want to carry a gun in wisconsin, ... wear it on your hip." - gov. Jim Doyle 3.10.2006

"the state constitutional right to bear arms extends to openly carrying a handgun for lawful purposes" Attorney General J.B Van Hollen 4.20.2009

"The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." Art. I, § 25 Wisconsin Constitution

i leave the bold in there also..

anyone else want in on this... so far i have 12 that want them..
    so we just need 38 more..
    Let's hit all the WI Gun sites with this info. $12.50 per shirt is not bad at all.

[edit] While the opencarry.org text under the flag is a good idea for members of this site, it may not help us attract orders with individuals at other sites. May I suggest scrapping that idea? I'm sure the shirts will be the same price without that text.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

skamp:

Put me down for:

1 - small, very small.

2 - large

2 - x-large

2 - xx-large

That should do for a start.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i should tell you.. the gun on the side has been reduced to 3 colors.. it still looks good.. just different..

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Posted a new thread about it at AR15.com: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...192&page=1

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ya know.. it is possible to put a few websites on the front..
    ar15.com, opencarry.org, etc. i dotn know all of them.. but if you have an idea we can add them..
    or just remove it completely and just have the flag...

or "a right unexercised is a right lost" under the flag?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

skamp wrote:
    ya know.. it is possible to put a few websites on the front..
    ar15.com, opencarry.org, etc. i dotn know all of them.. but if you have an idea we can add them..
    or just remove it completely and just have the flag...

or "a right unexercised is a right lost" under the flag?
    If you could get confirmation that we can do any number of any websites underneath the flag in the 50 orders, that would be a great idea.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

right now we have 2 colors on the front/back. the blue in the flag is also shared with the blue on the back. if we wanted to list the websites in red. (as long as it fits) we can list as many websites as we want..

Post imported post

You could maybe put "OpenCarry.org" in the center on the back above the doyle quote like a couple or few inches below the neck line. Then maybe put in that quote from the memo where he says something about casual open carrying is not a disorderly conduct charge...something like that, I can't find the exact quote right now but maybe put that as quoted by van hollen. Just a couple ideas

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i was thinking that some of the other boards with users that don't frequent this one might not want a shirt with opencarry.org on it.. the design was made by someone who frequents ar15 boards so... i am thinking we just go with the flag on the front and the quotes on the back.. and the gun on the side..
    anyone against that?

Post imported post

Put me in for 5 large
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

skamp wrote:
    i was thinking that some of the other boards with users that don't frequent this one might not want a shirt with opencarry.org on it.. the design was made by someone who frequents ar15 boards so... i am thinking we just go with the flag on the front and the quotes on the back.. and the gun on the side..
    anyone against that?
    I hopefully don't think anyone will be, so let's make that the order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast