• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry t shirt idea

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

right now we have 2 colors on the front/back. the blue in the flag is also shared with the blue on the back. if we wanted to list the websites in red. (as long as it fits) we can list as many websites as we want..

XDm-40_guy

imported post

You could maybe put "OpenCarry.org" in the center on the back above the doyle quote like a couple or few inches below the neck line. Then maybe put in that quote from the memo where he says something about casual open carrying is not a disorderly conduct charge...something like that, I can't find the exact quote right now but maybe put that as quoted by van hollen. Just a couple ideas

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i was thinking that some of the other boards with users that don't frequent this one might not want a shirt with opencarry.org on it.. the design was made by someone who frequents ar15 boards so... i am thinking we just go with the flag on the front and the quotes on the back.. and the gun on the side..
anyone against that?

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skamp wrote:
i was thinking that some of the other boards with users that don't frequent this one might not want a shirt with opencarry.org on it.. the design was made by someone who frequents ar15 boards so... i am thinking we just go with the flag on the front and the quotes on the back.. and the gun on the side..
anyone against that?
I hopefully don't think anyone will be, so let's make that the order.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

id really like to wait to get 50 shirts for the order, as i do not want to eat the cost or 20-25 shirts. as soon as i get an order for 50 shirts. ill place the order.. i just hope its soon :)

btw: 25 shirts away!

jefferson 4 prez

imported post

Are you planning on leaving the gun at it's present location? I was just thinking that it doesn't matter to me at all to leave the shirt untucked. Seems like it would simplify the whole thing and the most important part is we are educating everyone who sees us wear it.

Put me down for two Larges and an XL at the moment. I may add to that, I have to think about who I could all give them too.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

the gun is still near the bottom of the shirt.. we may move it up a little bit.. depending on how long the shirts are.. these are the fruit of the loom LOFtees so they are a litle longer than a normal t shirt and better for tucking..

so the gun will be a little higher than the picture but should hang waist level.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

and for you folks from other boards... if you want a shirt.. i created another email address (just in case you dont want to sign up here)
ocgunshirts@gmail.com

if anyone posted on a different board.. if you want to put that address on there feel free.. still have about 20 shirts till i can place the order..

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i just looked at the board over there..
im not signed up on that board.. would you be able to post the email addy over there? so far i see 3 orders but only 1 with numbers..

ocgunshirts@gmail.com

i tried to sign up.. and all i have for email addresses are gmail.. so i get this error

The Email service you are trying to sign up with is invalid. (Anonymous Mail Services such as hotmail, yahoo, and gmail are not permitted.)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Are these shirts being silk-screened? or how are they being printed?

The reason I ask is because we get our logo'd company shirts done at a place in Rhinelander WI that does Direct ink printing instead of silk screening,
Multiple colors can be printed at no extra cost since screens do not need to be made for every color, they go through a large ink-jet printer. I have hadzero fade, cracking or peeling with their products over 3 years of working with them, and the prices are very fair.

the name of the company is "Shirts Signs and designs" put all those words together with a www on the frontand a .com on the end, and you have their website.

I am not affiliated with the business, I am just a very happy customer that likes to support Wisconsin based business's.

Max

imported post

The idea is brilliant. Put me down for 3 shirts. sizes to be determined when we get 50 shirts ordered.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

we have reached $50 orders!

i will be sending the order out soon.

for everyone that has made an order i will be setting up a paypal account to pay with.
ill be sending PM's or emails later today with the info.

if you need a different way to pay PM me or Email me ocgunshirts@gmail.com

ill also be checking out nutczak's suggestion about the place up there..
and if any price changes occure youll be the first to know..

if anyone else is interested PLEASE GET YOUR ORDER IN TODAY!

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i contacted the place that nutczak suggested and am sending him the artwork..
ill update the thread with what i find out..

it seems to be a VERY good deal. and takes ALOT of shipping off my hands :)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OCDO has a shirt and hat store from which you can order items: http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

It's not the greatest, but it what we have - I like the polo shirts myself - white background makes a dark gun stand out and the OCDO logo looks official and nice for press interviews WITHOUT making you look like you are impersonating a police officer.