Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lobby Day 2009 Photos

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    I see me in one picture.Â*
    I see me in one picture as well...standing in the background shivering from the cold.
    Pssssh. I didn't even have a coat on. I'm not bothered by the cold, and wanted to OC anyway. I was in a blue shirt/maroon tie and usually had a silver camera in my hand. Actually, I was advised that OC was frowned upon, but I didn't have any issues at all.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

I was chatting with buddy of mine who was down there; and he mentioned the small number of anti's who were trying to protest but lacked the numbers.

He did say that one of the VCDL people went off to grab a tray full of Starbucks drinks at one point and gave the a woman who was standing in the cold (I assume the woman photographed) one of the cups of coffee.

So to whomever it was. . .way to be a standup guy and show that despite the fact that we disagree; we're first and foremost gentlemen (and ladies) !!!!
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    I was chatting with buddy of mine who was down there; and he mentioned the small number of anti's who were trying to protest but lacked the numbers.

He did say that one of the VCDL people went off to grab a tray full of Starbucks drinks at one point and gave the a woman who was standing in the cold (I assume the woman photographed) one of the cups of coffee.

So to whomever it was. . .way to be a standup guy and show that despite the fact that we disagree; we're first and foremost gentlemen (and ladies) !!!!
    Really? Ground up laxative and all???

:celebrate

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

OK.. so here is my 1 second on TV.. Now I still am owed the other 14 minutes and 59 seconds.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:

Hope she didn't touch him....They have Cooties!:shock:

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!
    Do you mean leaving the gun in plain sight if you are exiting/outside the vehicle?
    Yes, if I go to the courthouse or post office I have to leave the gun inside the truck in plain sight where anyone could smash and grab it. Either that or leave the gun at home where it does no good if needed.

Why on earth would you think that? Put it in the glove compartment as you are exiting the vehicle.
    There was a court case (someone please remind me of the name) where a person was OCing and got out of their vehicle, and locked their gun in their car in the center console. Police charged him with concealed weapon but judge dismissed the charge saying you can conceal it before leaving your vehicle (in a reasonable amount of time).

Post imported post

If you have your gun in the parking lot at a post office are you not ALREADY on Federal Property?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

More photos of Lobby day.

These include the dinner the night before at Bottoms Up Pizza, breakfast at River City Diner as well as at the General Assembly Bldg. & at the Bell Tower.

http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/ 1- click on Lobby Day, 2- click on each photo, 3- click on zoom at top right for full screen image. Enjoy.

Yata hey
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

Post imported post

My pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/flyboyed/LobbyDayVCDL2009

I only took pics at the bell tower.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    If you have your gun in the parking lot at a post office are you not ALREADY on Federal Property?
    Property yes but you are not inside a federal facility...

Post imported post

Great personal pictures by all. Not being able to attend because of work I did manage to watch/record all of the Richmond newscasts during the day. WTVR IMHO had the best.

Several things I noticed from the GA pictures, males appeared to out number women 10 to 1. That has got to change, or put all the women in the front so the media picks up on it. Next we need more children, teenagers and college students, they may have been in the crowd of the GA pictures but you were well hidden.

With the new administration in Washington we need to show that gun rights supporters come from all walks of life.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
    It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
    (Code 1950, §§ 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c. 19.)
    Maybe he thought there was a dance later in the day???

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!
    Do you mean leaving the gun in plain sight if you are exiting/outside the vehicle?
    Yes, if I go to the courthouse or post office I have to leave the gun inside the truck in plain sight where anyone could smash and grab it. Either that or leave the gun at home where it does no good if needed.

Why on earth would you think that? Put it in the glove compartment as you are exiting the vehicle.
    There was a court case (someone please remind me of the name) where a person was OCing and got out of their vehicle, and locked their gun in their car in the center console. Police charged him with concealed weapon but judge dismissed the charge saying you can conceal it before leaving your vehicle (in a reasonable amount of time).
    +1 I dont remember the case name, but that is correct. Put the gun in the glove compartment and exit the vehicle. Its now "in storage" and doesnt meet the criteria for a concealed weapon under 18.2-308.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    More photos of Lobby day.

These include the dinner the night before at Bottoms Up Pizza, breakfast at River City Diner as well as at the General Assembly Bldg. & at the Bell Tower.

http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/ 1- click on Lobby Day, 2- click on each photo, 3- click on zoom at top right for full screen image. Enjoy.

Yata hey
    Thanks for taking my photo Grape...I look cold!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

+1 I dont remember the case name, but that is correct. Put the gun in the glove compartment and exit the vehicle. Its now "in storage" and doesnt meet the criteria for a concealed weapon under 18.2-308.
    Correct since it is no longer "on your persons"

State Researcher

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

The case is Pruitt v. Commonwealth, 274 Va. 382, 650 S.E.2d 684 (2007) (slip opinion available here).
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Oops, wrong thread.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

I was told by the State Police, plus if you read the statute doesn't it say you have to be on route to or from a gun club to be carrying a loaded weapon, or have a CHP which I don't have.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Yea I know, crazy idiot laws, I park in the empty lot next door. All of 20 freakin' feet away!!!

Post imported post

GWRedDragon wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Property yes but you are not inside a federal facility...
    OK, which is it?? "On" Fed property or "In" Fed building?

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

But the transport law, not the carry law, says you have to be on your way to a bonifide gun club, in fact IIRC it mentions something about being a member. What's the code say? I should read it again...

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

But the transport law, not the carry law, says you have to be on your way to a bonifide gun club, in fact IIRC it mentions something about being a member. What's the code say? I should read it again...
    The only thing you should be concerned with is 18.2-308 in this case, i.e - the gun is now longer "on or about your person"

When you leave the car, that gun may as well be an ice scraper or first aid kit in your glove box. There's no violation of law.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    The case is Pruitt v. Commonwealth, 274 Va. 382, 650 S.E.2d 684 (2007) (slip opinion available here).
    Thanks, Mystery Man!

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

The transport law states the gun must be "unloaded and securely wrapped" (I interpret that to mean enclosed in a case or wrapped up entirely like a gun sock or t-shirt).

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Back to photos. Here are a few more: http://picasaweb.google.com/tbailsh/LobbyDay2009#
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast