• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2009 Photos

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here are some pics I got today. Let's see yours.

Entire Gallery: http://bnkrazy.smugmug.com/gallery/7138723_pMbN9/1/457909145_3QDyV

A few from the gallery:

457909390_sfmAh-XL.jpg

457909273_7Tr9P-L.jpg

457909915_qsmGT-L.jpg

457910109_9XVkZ-L.jpg

457910318_GS34L-L.jpg

457910452_RtrbC-L.jpg

457911144_paWgr-XL.jpg

The Antis:
457911402_x4cJP-L.jpg

457911646_pF2Xp-L.jpg

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cool. I didn't even check to see if there was something in the building. We tried to go to Subway, but ended up at the Wall St. Deli as Subway took the day off.Ihad an excellent burger and the wife had an equally impressive sub. Definitelywill stop in again.

sccrref

imported post

I would have to agree with the poster that said, "Guns didn't save these lives." They didn't. Those persons did not have guns on them. They were depending on someone else to protect them. Not saying they would have survived if they did have guns on them but it sure could not have hurt. Great pics. To bad I was flying today. I would have loved to attend in person. I was there in spirit and sent my opinion via email to my reps.

tsannicolas

imported post

that is about the goofiest picture i've ever seen of myself. what kind of face am i making? hahaha

vbnative73

imported post

sccrref wrote:
I would have to agree with the poster that said, "Guns didn't save these lives." They didn't. Those persons did not have guns on them. They were depending on someone else to protect them. Not saying they would have survived if they did have guns on them but it sure could not have hurt. Great pics. To bad I was flying today. I would have loved to attend in person. I was there in spirit and sent my opinion via email to my reps.
I was thinking, "Ok, guns didn't save those lives ... but neither did gun laws!"

nova

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
sccrref wrote:
I was thinking, "Ok, guns didn't save those lives ... but neither did gun laws!"
Guns didn't save their lives, but you don't exactly see the USSS giving up their guns either...

vbnative73

imported post

nova wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:
sccrref wrote:
Guns didn't save their lives, but you don't exactly see the USSS giving up their guns either...

Was just reading on wiki that the bill to create the USSS was on Lincoln's desk waiting to be signed when he was shot.

:?

nova

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
nova wrote:
vbnative73 wrote:
sccrref wrote:

Was just reading on wiki that the bill to create the USSS was on Lincoln's desk waiting to be signed when he was shot.

:?
In the video it looked like John Kennedy...didn't see Lincoln so that's what I was referring to.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The Capital Police were pretty good this year. I did notice that there were a LOT of officers watching us. That was a little annoying.

While this is a small thing, it's a law that has always irritated me, but this officer was committing a felony.

IMG_2084-840x480.jpg

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
(Code 1950, §§ 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c. 19.)

Neplusultra

imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Here are some pics I got today. Let's see yours.

Entire Gallery: http://bnkrazy.smugmug.com/gallery/7138723_pMbN9/1/457909145_3QDyV

A few from the gallery:

457910452_RtrbC-L.jpg
Is that Mary Katharine Ham??? Dog gone it, now I "really" wish I could have made it this year :^)! Where's the captions? Who's the scruffy bearded guy? He looks horribly just like me :^).

All in all it looks great! I did notice that VCDL did put the speakers in *front* of the mike so as to avoid the horrible feedback the antis had last year, if you remember that. I actually tried to tell them how to correct that but to no avail.

I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!
Do you mean leaving the gun in plain sight if you are exiting/outside the vehicle?
Yes, if I go to the courthouse or post office I have to leave the gun inside the truck in plain sight where anyone could smash and grab it. Either that or leave the gun at home where it does no good if needed.