• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2009 Photos

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!
Do you mean leaving the gun in plain sight if you are exiting/outside the vehicle?
Yes, if I go to the courthouse or post office I have to leave the gun inside the truck in plain sight where anyone could smash and grab it. Either that or leave the gun at home where it does no good if needed.

Why on earth would you think that? Put it in the glove compartment as you are exiting the vehicle.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Where's the captions?  Who's the scruffy bearded guy?  He looks horribly just like me :^)

I haven't had time to update captions on the gallery pics yet, but you can add comments in the gallery if you want to point out that you're in one or two of the pics.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
richarcm wrote:
I see me in one picture. 
I see me in one picture as well...standing in the background shivering from the cold.

Pssssh. I didn't even have a coat on. I'm not bothered by the cold, and wanted to OC anyway. I was in a blue shirt/maroon tie and usually had a silver camera in my hand. Actually, I was advised that OC was frowned upon, but I didn't have any issues at all.

ChinChin

imported post

I was chatting with buddy of mine who was down there; and he mentioned the small number of anti's who were trying to protest but lacked the numbers.

He did say that one of the VCDL people went off to grab a tray full of Starbucks drinks at one point and gave the a woman who was standing in the cold (I assume the woman photographed) one of the cups of coffee.

So to whomever it was. . .way to be a standup guy and show that despite the fact that we disagree; we're first and foremost gentlemen (and ladies) !!!!

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
I was chatting with buddy of mine who was down there; and he mentioned the small number of anti's who were trying to protest but lacked the numbers.

He did say that one of the VCDL people went off to grab a tray full of Starbucks drinks at one point and gave the a woman who was standing in the cold (I assume the woman photographed) one of the cups of coffee.

So to whomever it was. . .way to be a standup guy and show that despite the fact that we disagree; we're first and foremost gentlemen (and ladies) !!!!

Really? Ground up laxative and all???

:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ChinChin wrote:

Hope she didn't touch him....They have Cooties!:shock:

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I really, really do want to see the OC transportation laws change so I don't have to leave my gun in plain sight if I have to leave it in the vehicle for some reason. I can't believe that law!
Do you mean leaving the gun in plain sight if you are exiting/outside the vehicle?
Yes, if I go to the courthouse or post office I have to leave the gun inside the truck in plain sight where anyone could smash and grab it. Either that or leave the gun at home where it does no good if needed.

Why on earth would you think that? Put it in the glove compartment as you are exiting the vehicle.
There was a court case (someone please remind me of the name) where a person was OCing and got out of their vehicle, and locked their gun in their car in the center console. Police charged him with concealed weapon but judge dismissed the charge saying you can conceal it before leaving your vehicle (in a reasonable amount of time).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

More photos of Lobby day.

These include the dinner the night before at Bottoms Up Pizza, breakfast at River City Diner as well as at the General Assembly Bldg. & at the Bell Tower.

http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/ 1- click on Lobby Day, 2- click on each photo, 3- click on zoom at top right for full screen image. Enjoy.

Yata hey

kenny

imported post

Great personal pictures by all. Not being able to attend because of work I did manage to watch/record all of the Richmond newscasts during the day. WTVR IMHO had the best.

Several things I noticed from the GA pictures, males appeared to out number women 10 to 1. That has got to change, or put all the women in the front so the media picks up on it. Next we need more children, teenagers and college students, they may have been in the crowd of the GA pictures but you were well hidden.

With the new administration in Washington we need to show that gun rights supporters come from all walks of life.

buster81

imported post

peter nap wrote:

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
(Code 1950, §§ 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c. 19.)
Maybe he thought there was a dance later in the day???

ProShooter

imported post

nova wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:

There was a court case (someone please remind me of the name) where a person was OCing and got out of their vehicle, and locked their gun in their car in the center console. Police charged him with concealed weapon but judge dismissed the charge saying you can conceal it before leaving your vehicle (in a reasonable amount of time).
+1 I dont remember the case name, but that is correct. Put the gun in the glove compartment and exit the vehicle. Its now "in storage" and doesnt meet the criteria for a concealed weapon under 18.2-308.

ProShooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
More photos of Lobby day.

These include the dinner the night before at Bottoms Up Pizza, breakfast at River City Diner as well as at the General Assembly Bldg. & at the Bell Tower.

http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/ 1- click on Lobby Day, 2- click on each photo, 3- click on zoom at top right for full screen image. Enjoy.

Yata hey
Thanks for taking my photo Grape...I look cold!

CRF250rider1000

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
nova wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:

+1 I dont remember the case name, but that is correct. Put the gun in the glove compartment and exit the vehicle. Its now "in storage" and doesnt meet the criteria for a concealed weapon under 18.2-308.
Correct since it is no longer "on your persons":)