Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only 12 hours until the great gun grab begins

Post imported post

For too many reasons to go into, I firmly believe this country has lost it's f**king mind.

The greatest evidence of that will be sworn in as President and Vice President tomorrow. Let the great gun grab begin!!!

My prediction is the first major anti-gun owner bill will make it to the floor of congress within the next 4 months or sooner, and will be law by September or sooner. I predict it will be far, far more damaging to our civil liberties than the Brady Bill and the previous assault weapons ban.

Make your predictions here.

Post imported post

pkbites wrote:
    Make your predictions here.
    My prediction is that it will be September '09 before the first "gun control" bills will make it to the floor of either house of Congress. However, a new AWB will be added to some funding bill as an amendment, passed, and signed before the end of '09.

Post imported post

Funny how these "anti-gunners" in the government would never go anywhere without their secret service guys, and those guys all have guns, yet those are magic guns that can only hurt bad people, are 100% reliable and are in the hands of a supreme being that spends all his off-duty time volunteering at homeless shelters while all of you lazy "bad-gun" owners are out there shooting puppies and small children. puuuhhhhllleeeeaaaazzzzze.

did I just say that? damn!
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

The attorney general can ban any gun he wants if this bill gets reintroduced: H.R. 1022

"(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022.IH:

Here is obama's attorney general: The second amendment isn't an individual right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBboFbg5d5s

And he wants a permanent assault weapons ban. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebLFmI2f0Y

Post imported post

I'm hoping that the new admin will have too much on their plate to go after 2A, at least for a while... I don't have money to get anything right now, especially with everything going up in price.

Hope was one of the central themes of his campaign. Well, here's to hoping that they won't shred the Constitution...

Post imported post

Since Obama was a professor of constitutional law, I am pretty confident he won't want his name in the textbooks as the guy who destroyed it.
    I'm a glass half-full kind of guy, so please don't fault me for that.

Post imported post

It is odd to see a constitutional law professor turn out so anti-gun. Human emotions are impossible to get away from i guess.

Post imported post

nofoa wrote:
    It is odd to see a constitutional law professor turn out so anti-gun. Human emotions are impossible to get away from i guess.
    Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and received a J.D. from Yale. It didn't stop him from getting impeached for obstruction of justice.

Michael King Jr. (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.) received a Bachelor of Divinity and later a PhD in systematic theology, but he plagiarized his doctoral thesis (and large portions of the "I have a Dream" speech). He also purchased prostitutes with tax-exemptmoney donated to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Yet we have a school holiday in his honor and call him a righteous hero.

Politics is full of irony (and hypocrisy). It doesn't shock me at all that President Elect Barack Hussein Obama (he'll be the president momentarily) would have a degree in Constitutional Law and be intent on infringing upon our right to keep and bear arms. People like him probably pursue Constitutional Law with the intent of warping our Constitution into a Marxist manifesto.

Post imported post

holeinhead wrote:
    I'm hoping that the new admin will have too much on their plate to go after 2A, at least for a while...
    I keep hearing this from people: "theres too much else to do to bother with guns" and "the Dems learned their lesson in 1994". These statements are more evidence that this country has gone insane!

Get it through your heads: those people will never, ever stop! They want us completely disarmed. And no election loss, no court ruling, and no other pending problems are going to stop them. EVER!

Which is why we must be eternally vigilant.

Post imported post

i agree with bites. the democrats are almost as bad as radical muslims, theres no talking to them or reasoning with them, they have their cause and they wont stop until they succeed in destroying our freedoms

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    Politics is full of irony (and hypocrisy). It doesn't shock me at all that President Elect Barack Hussein Obama (he'll be the president momentarily) would have a degree in Constitutional Law and be intent on infringing upon our right to keep and bear arms. People like him probably pursue Constitutional Law with the intent of warping our Constitution into a Marxist manifesto.
    Doesn't shock me either. After he and the Chief Justice fumbled up the oath of office, swearing to uphold and defend the constitution,BHO thenproceeded to describe the many ways in which he and his administration plans to violate it.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    nofoa wrote:
    Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and received a J.D. from Yale. It didn't stop him from getting impeached for obstruction of justice.

Michael King Jr. (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.) received a Bachelor of Divinity and later a PhD in systematic theology, but he plagiarized his doctoral thesis (and large portions of the "I have a Dream" speech). He also purchased prostitutes with tax-exemptmoney donated to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Yet we have a school holiday in his honor and call him a righteous hero.
    Yeah, but MLK was a gun owner.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    shad0wfax wrote:
    nofoa wrote:

And a Conservative Republican too.

Post imported post

I move for a vote of no confidence in President Obama...

(I gotta stop watching Star Wars movies...)

I will make sure and OC every possible second I legally can from now on.I spent the day celebrating the inauguration by polishing the tar outta the feed ramp on my daily carry piece.. thinking about minwax on the FMJs to reduce wind resistance..

Rev. J, Patriot Rex (Not talking about a large Jeep either..)

Post imported post

r6-rider wrote:
    i agree with bites. the democrats are almost as bad as radical muslims, theres no talking to them or reasoning with them, they have their cause and they wont stop until they succeed in destroying our freedoms
    The case can easily be made that they're worse - at least the radical muslims are up-front about their agenda.

Post imported post

very true

Post imported post

Molon Labe.

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    shad0wfax wrote:
    nofoa wrote:

Yes, he was indeed a gun owner and an advocate of self-defense:

"Finally, I contended that the debate over the question of self-defense was unnecessary since few people suggested that African Americanes should not defend themselves as individuals when attacked. The question was not whether one should use his gun when his home was attacked, but whether it was tactically wise to use a gun while participating in an organized demonstration." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 27, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

He was also afan oftotalinarianism and group-think:

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus." Martin Luther King, Jr. speech at Episcopal National Cathedral, Washington D.C. (31 March 1968)

Let me emphasize something here: King was specifically addressing the issue of carrying firearms at demonstrations in the chapter titled Black Power. He owned firearms, presumably to defend himself and he seems to have at least questioned the wisdom of carrying a firearm to an organized demonstration. (All of this is in the context of Black Power.)

However, King also justifies riots, saying that "Ariot is the language of the unheard." July 1967 in Detroit.

I'd like to point out that there is a vast difference between a riot and an peacable assembly. There is also a vast difference between a riot and a revolution. King was justifying riots when words failed.

Post imported post

WTF is a "cop killer" bullet?
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

A "cop killer" bullet is any round designed in such a way that it will penetrate the standard body armor used by police and national guard troops.
    there are several still on the market that have been modified in such a way that this is no longer a threat, such as the old "black talon" being sold non-moly coated and renamed. (common sense and courtesy to LEOs is holding me back from naming this bullet here)

Post imported post

Thomas Jefferson, you are sorely missed.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all."

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    Thomas Jefferson, you are sorely missed.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all
    As a true Jeffersonian Libertarian, I salute you for bringing this to the forum.

Post imported post

A "cop killer" round is any ammunition that meets or exceeds design and is a truly accurate shooting piece. Something that works well, but when civvies have access to these they conceivably have the same shooting advantage as LEOs.

I'm just mad because I can't find good Winchester Silvertips in anything than either Ballistic tip or the XP3 for 30-06 in 180 grain. So maybe I'm just crabby because it's impossible to find anything you like that will be there for you years down the road.

OK, what was the question again?
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

And back to the original topic at hand, has anyone seen any freshly poured concrete pads or filled earth holes lately where something may be hidden? Honestly, I'd do it, but as paranoid as I am about us losing our RIGHTS to own firearms, I figure if I have to bury them they are going to be found by some radar technology employed to sniff out hoarders.

Take it as you like. There's a saying, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!"

And I don't have my tinfoil hat anymore, I used it to bake some potatoes on a grill a few years back and never got around to replacing it. Besides, if they try to sweep my mind I'd just confuse the hell out of them anyway as I do myself.

I will have to search Art Bell's website to find the latest tinfoil hat design to make sure I am getting the most protection for my effort!
    I aim to misbehave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast