• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only 12 hours until the great gun grab begins

pkbites

imported post

For too many reasons to go into, I firmly believe this country has lost it's f**king mind.:banghead:

The greatest evidence of that will be sworn in as President and Vice President tomorrow. Let the great gun grab begin!!!:cuss:

My prediction is the first major anti-gun owner bill will make it to the floor of congress within the next 4 months or sooner, and will be law by September or sooner. I predict it will be far, far more damaging to our civil liberties than the Brady Bill and the previous assault weapons ban.

Make your predictions here.

les_aker

imported post

pkbites wrote:
Make your predictions here.

My prediction is that it will be September '09 before the first "gun control" bills will make it to the floor of either house of Congress. However, a new AWB will be added to some funding bill as an amendment, passed, and signed before the end of '09.

bugly

imported post

Funny how these "anti-gunners" in the government would never go anywhere without their secret service guys, and those guys all have guns, yet those are magic guns that can only hurt bad people, are 100% reliable and are in the hands of a supreme being that spends all his off-duty time volunteering at homeless shelters while all of you lazy "bad-gun" owners are out there shooting puppies and small children. puuuhhhhllleeeeaaaazzzzze.

did I just say that? damn!

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The attorney general can ban any gun he wants if this bill gets reintroduced: H.R. 1022

"(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022.IH:

Here is obama's attorney general: The second amendment isn't an individual right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBboFbg5d5s

And he wants a permanent assault weapons ban. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebLFmI2f0Y

holeinhead

imported post

I'm hoping that the new admin will have too much on their plate to go after 2A, at least for a while... I don't have money to get anything right now, especially with everything going up in price.

Hope was one of the central themes of his campaign. Well, here's to hoping that they won't shred the Constitution...

bugly

imported post

Since Obama was a professor of constitutional law, I am pretty confident he won't want his name in the textbooks as the guy who destroyed it.
I'm a glass half-full kind of guy, so please don't fault me for that.

shad0wfax

imported post

nofoa wrote:
It is odd to see a constitutional law professor turn out so anti-gun. Human emotions are impossible to get away from i guess.

Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and received a J.D. from Yale. It didn't stop him from getting impeached for obstruction of justice.

Michael King Jr. (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.) received a Bachelor of Divinity and later a PhD in systematic theology, but he plagiarized his doctoral thesis (and large portions of the "I have a Dream" speech). He also purchased prostitutes with tax-exemptmoney donated to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Yet we have a school holiday in his honor and call him a righteous hero.

Politics is full of irony (and hypocrisy). It doesn't shock me at all that President Elect Barack Hussein Obama (he'll be the president momentarily) would have a degree in Constitutional Law and be intent on infringing upon our right to keep and bear arms. People like him probably pursue Constitutional Law with the intent of warping our Constitution into a Marxist manifesto.

pkbites

imported post

holeinhead wrote:
I'm hoping that the new admin will have too much on their plate to go after 2A, at least for a while...

I keep hearing this from people: "theres too much else to do to bother with guns" and "the Dems learned their lesson in 1994". These statements are more evidence that this country has gone insane!

Get it through your heads: those people will never, ever stop! They want us completely disarmed. And no election loss, no court ruling, and no other pending problems are going to stop them. EVER!

Which is why we must be eternally vigilant.

r6-rider

imported post

i agree with bites. the democrats are almost as bad as radical muslims, theres no talking to them or reasoning with them, they have their cause and they wont stop until they succeed in destroying our freedoms

Flintlock

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Politics is full of irony (and hypocrisy). It doesn't shock me at all that President Elect Barack Hussein Obama (he'll be the president momentarily) would have a degree in Constitutional Law and be intent on infringing upon our right to keep and bear arms. People like him probably pursue Constitutional Law with the intent of warping our Constitution into a Marxist manifesto.
Doesn't shock me either. After he and the Chief Justice fumbled up the oath of office, swearing to uphold and defend the constitution,BHO thenproceeded to describe the many ways in which he and his administration plans to violate it.

Thundar

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
nofoa wrote:
It is odd to see a constitutional law professor turn out so anti-gun. Human emotions are impossible to get away from i guess.

Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and received a J.D. from Yale. It didn't stop him from getting impeached for obstruction of justice.

Michael King Jr. (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.) received a Bachelor of Divinity and later a PhD in systematic theology, but he plagiarized his doctoral thesis (and large portions of the "I have a Dream" speech). He also purchased prostitutes with tax-exemptmoney donated to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Yet we have a school holiday in his honor and call him a righteous hero.
Yeah, but MLK was a gun owner.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:
nofoa wrote:

And a Conservative Republican too.

JBURGII

imported post

I move for a vote of no confidence in President Obama...

(I gotta stop watching Star Wars movies...)

I will make sure and OC every possible second I legally can from now on.I spent the day celebrating the inauguration by polishing the tar outta the feed ramp on my daily carry piece.. thinking about minwax on the FMJs to reduce wind resistance..

Rev. J, Patriot Rex (Not talking about a large Jeep either..)

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
i agree with bites. the democrats are almost as bad as radical muslims, theres no talking to them or reasoning with them, they have their cause and they wont stop until they succeed in destroying our freedoms
The case can easily be made that they're worse - at least the radical muslims are up-front about their agenda.

W.E.G.

imported post

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

obamaguncontrol.jpg

shad0wfax

imported post

Thundar wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:
nofoa wrote:

Yes, he was indeed a gun owner and an advocate of self-defense:

"Finally, I contended that the debate over the question of self-defense was unnecessary since few people suggested that Negroes should not defend themselves as individuals when attacked. The question was not whether one should use his gun when his home was attacked, but whether it was tactically wise to use a gun while participating in an organized demonstration." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 27, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

He was also afan oftotalinarianism and group-think:

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus." Martin Luther King, Jr. speech at Episcopal National Cathedral, Washington D.C. (31 March 1968)

Let me emphasize something here: King was specifically addressing the issue of carrying firearms at demonstrations in the chapter titled Black Power. He owned firearms, presumably to defend himself and he seems to have at least questioned the wisdom of carrying a firearm to an organized demonstration. (All of this is in the context of Black Power.)

However, King also justifies riots, saying that "Ariot is the language of the unheard." July 1967 in Detroit.

I'd like to point out that there is a vast difference between a riot and an peacable assembly. There is also a vast difference between a riot and a revolution. King was justifying riots when words failed.