• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only 12 hours until the great gun grab begins

bugly

imported post

A "cop killer" bullet is any round designed in such a way that it will penetrate the standard body armor used by police and national guard troops.
there are several still on the market that have been modified in such a way that this is no longer a threat, such as the old "black talon" being sold non-moly coated and renamed. (common sense and courtesy to LEOs is holding me back from naming this bullet here)

t3rmin

imported post

Thomas Jefferson, you are sorely missed.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all."

bugly

imported post

t3rmin wrote:
Thomas Jefferson, you are sorely missed.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all

As a true Jeffersonian Libertarian, I salute you for bringing this to the forum.:D

opusd2

imported post

A "cop killer" round is any ammunition that meets or exceeds design and is a truly accurate shooting piece. Something that works well, but when civvies have access to these they conceivably have the same shooting advantage as LEOs.

I'm just mad because I can't find good Winchester Silvertips in anything than either Ballistic tip or the XP3 for 30-06 in 180 grain. So maybe I'm just crabby because it's impossible to find anything you like that will be there for you years down the road.

OK, what was the question again?

opusd2

imported post

And back to the original topic at hand, has anyone seen any freshly poured concrete pads or filled earth holes lately where something may be hidden? Honestly, I'd do it, but as paranoid as I am about us losing our RIGHTS to own firearms, I figure if I have to bury them they are going to be found by some radar technology employed to sniff out hoarders.

Take it as you like. There's a saying, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!"

And I don't have my tinfoil hat anymore, I used it to bake some potatoes on a grill a few years back and never got around to replacing it. Besides, if they try to sweep my mind I'd just confuse the hell out of them anyway as I do myself.

I will have to search Art Bell's website to find the latest tinfoil hat design to make sure I am getting the most protection for my effort!

Carnivore

imported post

They will never pass a lawor initiate legislation that will cause me to willfully give up my guns..

If the Govt. needs guns, then they can buy their own, I bought mine!! To come to my house and take from me something I bought legally and with clean hard earned money, is robery, and Robbers get shot!!

shad0wfax

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
WTF is a "cop killer" bullet?

A 225 gr soft-castlead wadcutter moving at 850 fpsplaced between the eyes is more lethal than any "cop-killer" bullet that allegedly defeats NIJ Level II, IIA, III, or IIIA armor.

These morons should be attempting to ban criminals not the implements criminals use when they commit crimes.

KansasMustang

imported post

pkbites wrote:
holeinhead wrote:
I'm hoping that the new admin will have too much on their plate to go after 2A, at least for a while...

I keep hearing this from people: "theres too much else to do to bother with guns" and "the Dems learned their lesson in 1994". These statements are more evidence that this country has gone insane!

Get it through your heads: those people will never, ever stop! They want us completely disarmed. And no election loss, no court ruling, and no other pending problems are going to stop them. EVER!

Which is why we must be eternally vigilant.
Hope all you want, there's HOW many anti-gunners now in the house and senate?I Agree 100% with pkbites, eternal vigilance and action will be the only thing that keeps us free. Their level of infringement will prescribe OUR level of action.
Keep your powder dry !

compmanio365

imported post

I was trying to explain the real reason of the 2A to certain people on KOMO4s web site last night, and I found out just how many California libs moved up from there to WA......the word "traitor" was thrown out more often than I've ever seen it in any other place.

So now considering the violent overthrow of the government is considered treason, and makes anyone even thinking about it a traitor, hmm? Funny, I thought it made you a real American.

MeBaby

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I was trying to explain the real reason of the 2A to certain people on KOMO4s web site last night, and I found out just how many California libs moved up from there to WA......the word "traitor" was thrown out more often than I've ever seen it in any other place.

So now considering the violent overthrow of the government is considered treason, and makes anyone even thinking about it a traitor, hmm? Funny, I thought it made you a real American.

"real Americans" were once called traitors........ now, we call them the "founding fathers". :cool::celebrate

Oh, and "cop killer" bullets are mythical bullets or any bullet that the antis don't like. (I still carry Black Talons in some of my carry pieces ;))

compmanio365

imported post

Oh yeah, and bringing up that subject just got a response about "doddering old fools" and being "stuck in the past". Out of all the insults and everything, that rose my blood pressure; I think if Thomas Jefferson rose from the dead somehow and tried to talk to people today, his voice would fall on deaf ears. And at this point, is there any way to turn this around? Is true liberty and freedom dead and buried at this point, when nobody seems to care, and in fact they respond with such hatred and anger at the mention of such? Makes one think about what we can do in the face of such endless stupidity and brainwashing.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

opusd2 wrote:
And back to the original topic at hand, has anyone seen any freshly poured concrete pads or filled earth holes lately where something may be hidden? Honestly, I'd do it, but as paranoid as I am about us losing our RIGHTS to own firearms, I figure if I have to bury them they are going to be found by some radar technology employed to sniff out hoarders.

As a geologist our unit was asked to look for a possible murder weapon (Handgun) below a newly poured basement in a house that was being constructed. We used ground penetrating radar and did a survey over the entire surface of the concrete floor. We found several anomalies that the PD dug up. We even chipped through the floor and placed an identical handgun under the concrete floor and went over it to get a signature of what to look for. The anomalies were mostly small groups of dropped nails, and other metallic items. No gun was found under the floor, but a confession by the suspectreveled he hadthrown it into Lake Michigan.

My point is if the Technology (and it gets better every year) exist to find a few nails under a floor they can find your buried guns if they want (Time and labor intensive). Unless you understand a bit about geophysics, then perhaps you might distract them with false positives. Perhaps!

opusd2

imported post

My firearms would be too lonely buried, I'd prefer to keep them oiled and at the ready.

And I've seen those TV shows where they use that ground radar to search for different things. It's scary just thinking of the technology the civilian market has, much less what the gov has sitting by their feet.

bugly

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
WTF is a "cop killer" bullet?

A 225 gr soft-castlead wadcutter moving at 850 fpsplaced between the eyes is more lethal than any "cop-killer" bullet that allegedly defeats NIJ Level II, IIA, III, or IIIA armor.

These morons should be attempting to ban criminals not the implements criminals use when they commit crimes.
That, my friend would be too easy. It is much more a challenge to those self-important "public servants" to criminalize benign behavior than to punish malevolence.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

According to Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

The Bogus "Cop Killer" bullet is the Black Talon that isn't being made anymore. Attorney Generalnomineewants to ban ammunition that is out of production. I called both my senators and said don't vote for Eric Holder and filibuster if you have to.

Thanks for the thread, the posts, and the info.

Siic Semper Tyrannis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic_semper_tyrannis

bugly

imported post

pkbites wrote:
Well, here it is:

"......support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent." :banghead:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

That's the White House website itself!
I know this is just "blue sky thinking" here, but is it even remotely possible they mean the expiration of the assault weapons ban would be permanent? I guess not, but it would be nice....