• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nazi Landlords

holeinhead

imported post

Holy crap! Why would anyone want to live there?! Lights on and off at specific times, visitation periods, contraband rules, ID bracelets... Is this some kind of prison?!

Pol Mordreth

imported post

The ads back up. I think it's kind of funny, but hey, it's his house, he can make the rules. It's better for him to advertise all the (IMO) looney conditions upfront rather than spring it on a tenant at lease signing. I'd never live there, and I don't think he will be able to rent it, but you never know.

Regards,

Pol

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Disgusting.  It seems that they are trying to force their beliefs on others.
Sounds to me like he's trying to get around not being allowed to require tenants to be born-again Christian by creating rules only a born-again Christian could tolerate.

No offense to those Christians here who are good people, but reading over that ad gave me my daily reminder of why I have so little respect for religion in any form.