Thread: Second Amendment Alert !!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Hi Gang,
    Please pass this along and please write to your senators and congressman to stop this. This is just another swipe at your second Amendment rights and needs to be stopped now!!!

JT

It has already started...

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
    http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

JT

When seconds count,
    the police are just minutes away.
    Protect Your Second Amendment Rights,
    It could be the difference between Life and Death.

Post imported post

Wow, this keeps coming up at least once or twice a week on every gun board I frequent.

This is an old threat- it no longer exists. It was defeated (as far as I know) in every state in which it was introduced. In most states, it never even got out of committee.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe these alerts are being started by anti-gun people in an attempt to get gun owners to waste time on dead threats, while they try to push forward new threats "under the radar".

Maybe paranoid, but you can't ignore how often this comes up.

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    Wow, this keeps coming up at least once or twice a week on every gun board I frequent.

This is an old threat- it no longer exists. It was defeated (as far as I know) in every state in which it was introduced. In most states, it never even got out of committee.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe these alerts are being started by anti-gun people in an attempt to get gun owners to waste time on dead threats, while they try to push forward new threats "under the radar".

Maybe paranoid, but you can't ignore how often this comes up.
    Micro-coding is a dumbassed idea, Slayer; we all know that. Electing Obama was also a dumbassed idea, but somehow it worked. The insidious creeps who try to pass things like this are always looking to see if there are enough dumbasses in the country or State to get this through. Eternal vigilance, my friend........

Post imported post

This realy is nothing new. The FBI played around with this forty years ago. The technology did not exist then and may not still. Think about how many .22 rimfire cases are used a year.

Post imported post

Again, this would be a case of "only criminals will have them". If there's a code or tracking agent included in ammunition, that would only affect those people who obey laws in the first place. Criminals would either steal "legal" ammo or make it themselves out of whatever materials they see fit. look at how they find ways to make methamphetamines even though the materials to make it are restricted. Only a full-blooded idiot would actually believe that this would work for the good of mankind.
    Again, I say we have to stop re-electing the morons that hold offices in this country. Make it well known that they are the root of the problem and they must be removed from power.
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

My understanding is that this is a dead issue, but it will be raised again. AS for the requirement to destroy any unmarked ammo, I am afraid that would be a "taking" of private property. I would sue for just compensation. Now I would not be willing to bury any firearms, but ammo is another matter.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    My understanding is that this is a dead issue, but it will be raised again. AS for the requirement to destroy any unmarked ammo, I am afraid that would be a "taking" of private property. I would sue for just compensation. Now I would not be willing to bury any firearms, but ammo is another matter.
    We should be generous. If they want it, let them have it.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:
    We should be generous. If they want it, let them have it.

I assume you mean at a"well regulated"cadence:what:
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Post imported post

altajava wrote:
    This realy is nothing new. The FBI played around with this forty years ago. The technology did not exist then and may not still. Think about how many .22 rimfire cases are used a year.

My question is this. Just how do they expect to code all of the illegal ammo that is smuggled into the U.S. every year? Guns and ammo are smuggled into the U.S. from other countries every day, just like drugs are. They can't keep drugs out of federal prisons,how are the going to keep illegal ammo off the streets? The whole thing is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

I wrote my senators. ( Enzi and Barrasso ) and they are both against this. This bill has died and both my senators said if it reappairs, they will vote it down again. This bill attacks the honest gun owners, but does nothing to stop the people who get their guns and ammo illegally

JT

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

JTWY wrote:
    My question is this. Just how do they expect to code all of the illegal ammo that is smuggled into the U.S. every year? Guns and ammo are smuggled into the U.S. from other countries every day
    I doubt smugglers are stupid enough to smuggle 'coals to Newcastle'. Care to provide a citation backing your assertion that 'ammo is smuggled into the US'?

How is 'smuggled' ammo illegal? It is not taxed until it is sold and there is not, that I know, a prohibition on foreign made ammunition.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA osculate my fundament.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    JTWY wrote:
    My question is this. Just how do they expect to code all of the illegal ammo that is smuggled into the U.S. every year? Guns and ammo are smuggled into the U.S. from other countries every day
    I doubt smugglers are stupid enough to smuggle 'coals to Newcastle'. Care to provide a citation backing your assertion that 'ammo is smuggled into the US'?

How is 'smuggled' ammo illegal? It is not taxed until it is sold and there is not, that I know, a prohibition on foreign made ammunition.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA osculate my fundament.
    Actually any ammo imported after 2/19 is subject to an import tax unless it was bought overseas for person use and will be used by the individual on returning home to the US. So people do engage in a black market to avoid that tax just as they do with almost everything else fromapples to zucchini.