Thread: pistol free question??

Post imported post

hi...can I carry in a credit union?..can I carry in my Township hall?..Thanks, Dragonslayr

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

dragonslayr wrote:
    hi...can I carry in a credit union?..can I carry in my Township hall?..Thanks, Dragonslayr
    Do you have a CPL?

If you have a CPL you can carry concealed or open in a bank/CU. Having said that they are private property and can ask you to leave or ban firearms. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can not carry in a bank/CU.

You can carry in a township or any public (Except courts)building concealed or open with a CPL. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can only carry openly. Preemption law states that local governments can't have firearm laws more restrictive that the state.

See this link for more info on Michigan and open carry. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

If you don't have a CPL be sure you are VERY familiar with the laws on this. You also must be 18 or older to posses a handgun and 21 before you can get a CPL.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Hello, dragonslayr. Welcome to OCDO, and thanks for registering. It would help us out if you would post your location in your profile. Even "Michigan"would help although it would be nice if you would add your town, city, or general area of the state as well.

I would first advocate you visiting the legal thread, "MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY INFO HERE." Yes/no answers will not help you if you are challenged while carrying.

In brief, a credit union is considered a depository financial institution (like a bank). The same restrictions would apply to both types of depositories. Your township buildings have no specific state prohibitions which would apply to them as township buildings, nor would the township be allowed to pass their own restrictions.

Post imported post

Where I can get my FREE PISTOL?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    dragonslayr wrote:
    Do you have a CPL?

If you have a CPL you can carry concealed or open in a bank/CU. Having said that they are private property and can ask you to leave or ban firearms. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can not carry in a bank/CU.

You can carry in a township or any public (Except courts)building concealed or open with a CPL. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can only carry openly. Preemption law states that local governments can't have firearm laws more restrictive that the state.

See this link for more info on Michigan and open carry. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

If you don't have a CPL be sure you are VERY familiar with the laws on this. You also must be 18 or older to posses a handgun and 21 before you can get a CPL.

And PLEASE do not forget Federal , USDA ,TSA ,ETC !!! Know the Rules before You Play or You PAY !!!

Post imported post

hi...sorry if I've missed sumthin simple but I tried to edit my profile and got nowhere...Can you walk me thru this please?...I would like t do this ASAP!...thanks again, Dragonslayr~

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

An article on gun free zones and how they don't work.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7876073/Gun-Free-Zones
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

dragonslayr wrote:
    hi...sorry if I've missed sumthin simple but I tried to edit my profile and got nowhere...Can you walk me thru this please?...I would like t do this ASAP!...thanks again, Dragonslayr~
    Welcome to OCDO Dragonslayr.

Sign in thenclick onMy Account at the upper right hand corner of page and click on Profile. Enter Country, State, City, etc.

Post imported post

hi thanks...can I post a photo? ...D~

Post imported post

dragonslayr wrote:
    hi thanks...can I post a photo? ...D~
    Do you mean to use as your Avatar? If so, go to My Account again then click on Avatar and go from there.

Post imported post

welcome to OC

Post imported post

Welcome to the group dragonslayr.

Lexington huh? MMMM, Cadillac House pizza

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

hey Bronson...yeah man..thanks for the welcome....D~