• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pistol free question??

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dragonslayr wrote:
hi...can I carry in a credit union?..can I carry in my Township hall?..Thanks, Dragonslayr

Do you have a CPL?

If you have a CPL you can carry concealed or open in a bank/CU. Having said that they are private property and can ask you to leave or ban firearms. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can not carry in a bank/CU.

You can carry in a township or any public (Except courts)building concealed or open with a CPL. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can only carry openly. Preemption law states that local governments can't have firearm laws more restrictive that the state.

See this link for more info on Michigan and open carry. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

If you don't have a CPL be sure you are VERY familiar with the laws on this. You also must be 18 or older to posses a handgun and 21 before you can get a CPL.

Hcidem

imported post

Hello, dragonslayr. Welcome to OCDO, and thanks for registering. It would help us out if you would post your location in your profile. Even "Michigan"would help although it would be nice if you would add your town, city, or general area of the state as well.

I would first advocate you visiting the legal thread, "MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY INFO HERE." Yes/no answers will not help you if you are challenged while carrying.

In brief, a credit union is considered a depository financial institution (like a bank). The same restrictions would apply to both types of depositories. Your township buildings have no specific state prohibitions which would apply to them as township buildings, nor would the township be allowed to pass their own restrictions.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
dragonslayr wrote:
hi...can I carry in a credit union?..can I carry in my Township hall?..Thanks, Dragonslayr

Do you have a CPL?

If you have a CPL you can carry concealed or open in a bank/CU. Having said that they are private property and can ask you to leave or ban firearms. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can not carry in a bank/CU.

You can carry in a township or any public (Except courts)building concealed or open with a CPL. If you DO NOT have a CPL you can only carry openly. Preemption law states that local governments can't have firearm laws more restrictive that the state.

See this link for more info on Michigan and open carry. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

If you don't have a CPL be sure you are VERY familiar with the laws on this. You also must be 18 or older to posses a handgun and 21 before you can get a CPL.
And PLEASE do not forget Federal , USDA ,TSA ,ETC !!! Know the Rules before You Play or You PAY !!!

dragonslayr

imported post

hi...sorry if I've missed sumthin simple but I tried to edit my profile and got nowhere...Can you walk me thru this please?...I would like t do this ASAP!...thanks again, Dragonslayr~

SpringerXDacp

imported post

dragonslayr wrote:
hi...sorry if I've missed sumthin simple but I tried to edit my profile and got nowhere...Can you walk me thru this please?...I would like t do this ASAP!...thanks again, Dragonslayr~

Welcome to OCDO Dragonslayr.

Sign in thenclick onMy Account at the upper right hand corner of page and click on Profile. Enter Country, State, City, etc.