• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Say it out loud - "Live Free or Die"

spy1

imported post

http://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/bumper-sticker-live-free-or-die/10319677

I think it's time for ALL of us to fly our colors in public.

By adopting this slogan as uniquely our (the 2nd Amendment movements') own - and displaying the bumpersticker PROMINENTLY on our vehicle(s) - we can let it be CLEARLY understood that push has come to shove.

And that we're ready for that.

What do you think? Pete

j2l3

imported post

How would it be "uniquely our (the 2nd Amendment movements') own"

It has been uniquely New Hampshire's for many years.

Live Free or Die" is the official motto of the U.S. state of New Hampshire, adopted by the state in 1945

spy1

imported post

I'm well-aware of that - I'm talking about pre-empting it for us, okay?

My thought is that if we can get that message out into the faces of the public, it will let them know how many of us there and how serious we are about this.

It will also get law-enforcement to thinking about how many of us there are and maybe get them talking about which way they're going to jump if confiscation of any type comes to pass.

I truly think it's time to let both our presence and depth-of resolve be known.

Evil Ernie

imported post

I'm wondering how fast I would get put on the "watch list" if I filled the backside of my Jeep with "Live Free Or Die", and "NOBAMA Not My President" stickers.

I've already had my jeep vandalized a few times for having GPAA and other mining stickers.

spy1

imported post

Do you truly think that you're already not in someones' "database" or on some type of "watchlist" if you simply own a gun (the B.A.T.F keeps illegal lists, in case you didn't know)? Or if you post to sites like this? Or if - GASP! - you belong to some sort of "radical" organization like the N.R.A/G.O.A, etc., etc., etc.? (try typing into Google "civil liberties groups spied on" ).

Please.

What does the song say?

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/tippin-aaron/youve-got-to-stand-for-something-9063.html

Dear God, if we haven't enough balls to simply mount a bumper sticker that puts our position loud and clear right in their face, do you really believe that there's any possibility of effective resistance of a higher order?

I don't.

Can you NOT see the benefit of letting all the liberals know - un-equivocally - what the consequences are - beforehand - if they don't leave the second Amendment alone? Pete

t3rmin

imported post

It's easy to say; more difficult to actually mean. What does liberty mean to us? Do we truly love/understand liberty? Do we consider our lives, fortunes, and sacred honor worth risking for it? Just food for thought. LIVE FREE OR DIE!

(It is about time I changed my Ron Paul stickers for something more generic.)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I have a Carolingunowners.com sticker on the back of my truck. Does that count? :cool:

And by the way, all of you are being watched right now and are on a list... but not me!:celebrate

opusd2

imported post

If I close my eyes, wish really hard, and tap my heels together three times, will that not protect me from THEM ? You know, the list keepers?

KansasMustang

imported post

Lists? What lists? Hell all Y'all have nothing to fear about lists. When I was getting ready to go to Desert Storm they took DNA blood sample from everyone in my Battalion. They said it was for "Identification" should we become casualties with uh "unidentifable remains" So somewhere in the records is my DNA. Yippeee
Keep your powder dry ! Live free or Die hard!!!

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Lists? What lists? Hell all Y'all have nothing to fear about lists. When I was getting ready to go to Desert Storm they took DNA blood sample from everyone in my Battalion. They said it was for "Identification" should we become casualties with uh "unidentifable remains" So somewhere in the records is my DNA. Yippeee
Keep your powder dry ! Live free or Die hard!!!
There's a shortage of good NCO's in the army. They took your DNA because somewhere out there they are cloning you!

opusd2

imported post

This sounds a little too much like Star Wars for me! I don't think they'd want to clone me unless they planned on doing a lot to get their army to listen...

spy1

imported post

And all the off-topic humor would be an attempt to cover up the fact that very few of us seem to have the balls to even put a bumper-sticker on our vehicle?

Pathetic.

We can all kiss our "open carry" and firearms rights "goodbye" if this is the best we've got.

"Talk" is getting cheaper by the minute. Pete

opusd2

imported post

All I drive are redneck trucks, big and loud, so I don't think bumper stickers would even be a surprise to find on my truck. I only have stickers on my one that refer to motorcycle rights, NRA, and something about "Gas, grass, or ass..."

opusd2

imported post

Talk is cheap, but it also helps us work out our frustrations. I am sure that there are those on this board that carry more than they will draw attention to out of desire for peace of mind. There are plenty of places that you can carry without even getting an eye twitch to, and you can bet they see more than a few and quite often.

The honest truth is that I don't get out a lot, but I make up for it when I do. My dad hates the attention I draw to myself over it since he is quite cautious, but I take the chances and so far have been ok.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

spy1 wrote:
And all the off-topic humor would be an attempt to cover up the fact that very few of us seem to have the balls to even put a bumper-sticker on our vehicle?

Pathetic.

We can all kiss our "open carry" and firearms rights "goodbye" if this is the best we've got.

Paying 6.29 for a bumper sticker does not automatically bestowe upon me a pair of Brunswick 16's. I sympathize and understand your passion about this subject, however most of us do more by holstering a firearm in public as often as possible. Personally, I would prefer a bumper sticker thatread, "Sic semper tyrannis".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic_semper_tyrannis

edited for spelling and reference

ecgoin

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
spy1 wrote:
Pathetic.

however most of us do more by holstering a firearm in public as often as possible. Personally, I would prefer a bumper sticker thatread, "Sic semper tyranus".
SST.. ? I'm latin impaired. just holster your weapon. If you don't use it....you lose it.