• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

INFOWARS and the growing POLICE STATE!

the wheeelman

imported post

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share a website with you all that reports on the ever growing police state. The guy who started it is Alex Jones and if you really want to get on demand news listen to his podcast.

The website is infowars.com or prisonplanet.com

He opened my eyes to things I couldn't have imagined are going on.

PS. He keeps a Kimber at side at all times!

Tawnos

imported post

the wheeelman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share a website with you all that reports on the ever growing police state. The guy who started it is Alex Jones and if you really want to get on demand news listen to his podcast.

Alex Jones is quite the whackjob. Claiming him as a source would be as wise as using the Brady Center as the policymakers for firearms.

Enoch Root

imported post

Tawnos,

From your comment I take it you read and listen to a lot of Alex Jones material.

Good for you.

Keeping an open mind is how you learn.

Once you close your eyes and ears, all you hear are echoes.

Root

6L6GC

imported post

I concur with what you said. To have "an open mind" is often the advice of those seeking to promote a certain idea or belief. While that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, it is often coupled with an unspoken conotation to accept the information being set forth without subjecting it to a critical analysis. To do so will yeild worse and more dangerous results than having the proverbial closed mind.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

6L6GC wrote:
I concur with what you said. To have "an open mind" is often the advice of those seeking to promote a certain idea or belief. While that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, it is often coupled with an unspoken conotation to accept the information being set forth without subjecting it to a critical analysis. To do so will yeild worse and more dangerous results than having the proverbial closed mind.
Thank goodness. Thank you. Well said!

It's for the chilldruun! It's for safety. It's for security. It's for your own good. It's just common sense!

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. Two idiot net-monkeys on keyboards agreeing is not proof or even evidence - sooner or later they'll babble the same thing.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
But a too open mind allows one's brains to fall out due to indiscreet tolerance of error.

Believe nothing you read or hear without validating it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.

Just like John Lott! :quirky

Doug Huffman wrote:
The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
Just like not wearing ear protection when shooting! :quirky

redlegagent

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Alex Jones is quite the whackjob. Claiming him as a source would be as wise as using the Brady Center as the policymakers for firearms.

+1

My brother listens to those shortwave nut cases always spouting doom and gloom, end of the world, buy gold and stockpile beans and rice Y2K crap. I alsohave a shortwave and occasionally listen for fun. Guys like this spout off for a while trying to get money/support and then fade away and come back on another "program". They do more damage than good in our battle to preserve our firearms heritage.

the wheeelman

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
But a too open mind allows one's brains to fall out due to indiscreet tolerance of error.

Believe nothing you read or hear without validating it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.

Your exactly right and while everything I hear I do just that, I validate it and do my own research. To just discredit someone whithout research for yourself is just lazy and ignorant. I understand some of the topics covered on the show are out there but most of the time if you dig deep enough you will find evidence to why they may cover the topic. Also, as for infowars, most of what they report comes straight from the associated press so clearly some of the nay sayers have no clue who or what alex jones and infowars is about.

I bet some of you still think Gaza broke the cease fire agreement and attacked Isreal!

the wheeelman

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

+1

My brother listens to those shortwave nut cases always spouting doom and gloom, end of the world, buy gold and stockpile beans and rice Y2K crap. I alsohave a shortwave and occasionally listen for fun. Guys like this spout off for a while trying to get money/support and then fade away and come back on another "program". They do more damage than good in our battle to preserve our firearms heritage.

You listen for fun...if he and others are such a nut job I highly doubt you listen for fun.

One question, have you ever done any research to discredit him? Lastly, I never claimed him as a source, I merely promoted him as an outlet for information. An you know, thats the beauty of the Free Speech, Alex Jones can say whatever he wants and it is up to the listener to decide what he wants to believe and not believe or do the research to discredit or prove otherwise.

Lastly, to the joker comment about buy gold, I hope you had 100% of your assets tied up in the stock market before the crash. As a financial analyst, I can saythat is actually a correct advisement during volatile times and especially during times of a collapsing US dollar.

the wheeelman

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

+1

You listen for fun...if he and others are such a nut job I highly doubt you listen for fun.

One question, have you ever done any research to discredit him? Lastly, I never claimed him as a source, I merely promoted him as an outlet for information. An you know, thats the beauty of the Free Speech, Alex Jones can say whatever he wants and it is up to the listener to decide what he wants to believe and not believe or do the research to discredit or prove otherwise.

Lastly, to the joker comment about buy gold, I hope you had 100% of your assets tied up in the stock market before the crash. As a financial analyst, I can saythat is actually a correct advisement during volatile times and especially during times of a collapsing US dollar.

smash29

imported post

the wheeelman wrote:
I bet some of you still think Gaza broke the cease fire agreement and attacked Isreal!
Just to clarify, Gazaisa cityin the Gaza Strip, Hamas is the paramiltaryorganization and political party who's charter calls for the destruction of the State of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.

smash29

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
To have "an open mind" is often the advice of those seeking to promote a certain idea or belief. While that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, it is often coupled with an unspoken conotation to accept the information being set forth without subjecting it to a critical analysis. To do so will yeild worse and more dangerous results than having the proverbial closed mind.
I nominate this as the best post of the day, I wish I could organize and express my thoughts so well!

the wheeelman

imported post

smash29 wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
Just to clarify, Gazaisa cityin the Gaza Strip, Hamas is the paramiltaryorganization and political party who's charter calls for the destruction of the State of Israel and its replacement with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
Bravo, you are correct! Here's another fun fact the Gaza strip is about the size of Washington D.C.

Besides that point, Hamas did not break the cease fire regardless of whether are not they want a Palestinian Islamic State.

the wheeelman

imported post

smash29 wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
Bravo, you are correct! Here's another fun fact the Gaza strip is about the size of Washington D.C.

Besides that point, Hamas did not break the cease fire regardless of whether are not they want a Palestinian Islamic State.

Gordie

imported post

the wheeelman wrote:
smash29 wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:

You are right,3,000 rockets in the last year would never qualify as breaking of a cease fire.:shock:

Of course, you would have to cease firing in the first placeto break acease fire.:banghead:

Also, if you only hit the button one time, you won't double post.;)

redlegagent

imported post

Alex Jones and the like are the right wing equivalent of Michael Moore without the hollywood backing. They spend their lives attacking the government at every turn but accomplish nothing. I do listen to the shortwave for fun actually, it's quite a chuckle sometimes. "The sky is falling...the sky is falling"! :what: lol.

p.s. don't forget your silver and freeze dried meals for the apocalyspe. :uhoh:

the wheeelman

imported post

Gordie wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:
smash29 wrote:
the wheeelman wrote:

You are right,3,000 rockets in the last year would never qualify as breaking of a cease fire.:shock:

Of course, you would have to cease firing in the first placeto break acease fire.:banghead:

Also, if you only hit the button one time, you won't double post.;)

All you have to do is listen to U.N. audio tapes. It is well documented. Geese do any of you do research before spouting off what Mass Media tells you!!!:banghead:

And sure I don't disagree that some of their advisements are extreme albeit food rationing and the like! But it is up to you to decide what is "too far out there" and "a legitimate concern".

Prime example, so I guess him reporting on all the control bills that are being introduced to Congress are false and should be disregarded. No one ever said itwas the Gospel OF Alex!

Gordie

imported post

What UN audio tapes?

Is this the same UN thatputs nations like Cuba and Libya on the human rights commision, thatputs nations likeIran and North Korea watching over the proliferation of WMDs?

Is this the sameUN who's peacekeeperssit by and watch the slaughter of thousands?

Is this the same UN that wants to disarm every one of us?

Sorry, I just don't trust a thing that they say.