• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mugger Shot Dead by Hispanic

PolskiG

imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/37871034.html

Man fatally shoots would-be mugger
By Associated Press
YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) - A man was shot to death outside a residence in Yakima and police believe it was a justifiable homicide by a man being mugged.

Police responded to a report of shots fired Monday night and found one man, Michael Valadez, with head and arm injuries, and another man, Franklin McWain, fatally wounded.

Valadez says he was outside the residence to pick up a friend when the other man struck him in the head with a stick and demanded his money. Valadez, who has a concealed weapons permit, shot McWain at least twice.

Police found a broken stick that was apparently used in the attack. Valadez suffered a broken arm.

Police say McWain had a criminal record of six felony convictions and 27 misdemeanor convictions.

KBCraig

imported post

kparker wrote:
What does the ethnicity of the defender have to do with anything?

Perhaps because it seems to matter so much to some people when the attacker is of a minority race or ethnicity.

cynicist

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am glad that justice was served and although race is a non issue I hope that it was reported in the newspaper that way. Too many people have the image of only white hicks carrying guns. Look at Obama's comments about small towns he not only mentioned them clinging to guns but also opposing anything that wasn't like them and made a reference to skin color. Itis a good lessons for all americans of all creeds and heritages that self protection works for us.

edited to add.......and kudos to this man for keeping his head and being able to do this in obvious pain and with a broken arm out of curiosity I wonder if it was his weak or strong arm. He deserves a medal of some sort. Maybe we can make medals and give them out to outstanding gun owners like this....recognizing their courage to do the right thing in a bad situation....lol.

Slugger

imported post

Over the past number of years the white Christian gun nut has become the targeted minority. Who is gonna stand up for our rights besides us? The storm is coming but it's already raining pretty good now.

Slugger

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Slugger wrote:
Over the past number of years the white Christian gun nut has become the targeted minority. Who is gonna stand up for our rights besides us? The storm is coming but it's already raining pretty good now.

Slugger
You just need to include people of other races in your cause, does a white christian differ from one who is brown? I believe there is one race the human race. The term raceis misused in my opinion to describe people ofdifferent ethnic backgrounds, but skin color is purelycosmetic.

joeroket

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Slugger wrote:

Slugger
You just need to include people of other races in your cause, does a white christian differ from one who is brown? I believe there is one race the human race. The term raceis misused in my opinion to describe people ofdifferent ethnic backgrounds, but skin color is purelycosmetic.
Very well put.

Hell I am not racist, I hate everyone equally.:lol:

PolskiG

imported post

cynicist wrote:
Well, with that kind of attitude you never will. Keep looking
That makes no sense.

http://www.google.com/search?q=yakima+yacker&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22yakima+yacker%22&btnG=Search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=HNC&sa=2

It's funny that on google the top link for "yakima yacker," is, um, this page. Did you just make that up?
Umm.. Yes, yes I did. ;)Kept you busy for a bit didn't I??

cynicist

imported post

Umm.. Yes, yes I did. ;) Kept you busy for a bit didn't I??
True, but lying is generally bad for one's credibility.

the white Christian gun nut has become the targeted minority. Who is gonna stand up for our rights besides us?

White of Christian has nothing to do with self-defense. General gun control negatively impacts everyone, not just white people.
Legal non-citizens have NO right to armed self defense here. That's seems like a direct targetting of a minority to me.