• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

NC theater suspends rapper movie after shooting

January 18, 2009 - 9:31 PM

Associated Press

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- A Greensboro theater has suspended showings of a movie about the life and death of rapper Notorious B.I.G. after a shooting.

Police say a 32-year-old man was shot twice in the abdomen during an argument and about 700 people were evacuated Friday night from the Grand 18 at Four Seasons Station.

Greensboro police Lt. James Hinson told The News & Record of Greensboro the shooting victim underwent surgery at Moses Cone Hospital. The hospital said Saturday the man requested no information about his condition be given to the media.

Hinson says investigators have found no link between the movie and Friday's shooting.

A spokeswoman for the theater's owner says customers holding tickets for Friday's showing of "Notorious" should contact the Grand 18 for refunds.

Another the law should be changed A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN CANNOT OPEN OR CONCEAL CARRY IN A PLACE THAT CHARGES ADMISSION.....My words are close enough to what the law actually is ...

Mungo

imported post

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP wrote:
Another the law should be changed A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN CANNOT OPEN OR CONCEAL CARRY IN A PLACE THAT CHARGES ADMISSION.....My words are close enough to what the law actually is ...
Now, for the most part, I'm a law abiding person. I say for the most part. I am guilty of occasionally going over the speed limit inadvertantly.

I agree this law should be changed. However, I am reminded of something a very wise old man once told me. Probably been used to death over the years. "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"